who else does Latin? (1 Viewer)

Kittikhun

HSC
I don't do Latin, but my hunch is that most people do it for the scaling and the fact that it helps with understanding medical and science vocab, in a way.

study1234

HSC
Haha, I'll admit the scaling is pretty good, and yeah I'm aiming to do medicine, but I actually find it really fun. Translating a passage is like solving a puzzle, although it can be really frustrating at times.

Last edited:

asianinvasion

HSC
Yeah I thought the study day wasn't that great.. The lectures seemed a bit beyond the scope of what we're expected to write in the HSC. And that last session on unseens took way too long.. Haha how'd you find it?

study1234

HSC
I thought the unseen and grammar were okay (although based on stuff I already knew), but yea the Virgil and Livy lectures were pretty irrelevant. Now for trials and HSC...

asianinvasion

HSC
Haha we already finished trials and got them back.. We're just practising 10 markers in class now and going over other schools' papers :)

Pat21

HSC
Hi there fellow latin students ! We've finished trials too and now we're going through grammar points and verb conjugations again, cos people have got a bit rusty.

Just wondering, do you think it is ESSENTIAL to learn every single word in the Vocabulary list or would time be better spent elsewhere ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)