who else is sick of hearing the word "matrix"? (1 Viewer)

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
such an over-rated, over-priced movie...

im so sick of hearing about it...

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
*puts his hand up* right here. not only am i sick of hearing it, im sick of everyone trying to analyse it as if its an english text.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by Sarah J
I'm still depressed by how crap the movie was. :(
hey man it wasnt that bad... though the 'ending' was pretty crap.
i liked the movie, its worth watching.

Nose Bleed

ex-loser
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by tammer
such an over-rated, over-priced movie...

im so sick of hearing about it...
hey tammer, do you get the movie?
i'm sick of whingers

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
haha im doing bio and math and were doing matrices which ivolves matrix and a matrix is a part of mitochondia.

Im going to see it any way when the hype dies down...

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by hurrotisrobbo
Those grids of numbers can really get you down...
This joke is wearing thin.

Yeah, I'm sick of the word "Reloaded" as well, with TV adds and my COMP lecturer mentioning it over and over ...

Nose Bleed

ex-loser
HSC
N/A
well i'm sick of girls talking about their "periodsss, and pregnanciesss" but i dont conplain do i?

Raging Fuel

It's a good thing you made this thread then. Now you can read more about other peoples opinions on the matrix. Attention seeking, much?

Twintip

Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix Matrix

:p :p :p

I hope you all realise that, IF you've seen it, you opinion of it puts you in a very small minority. Does that not then make you question why you think they way you all do? What makes you so sure that the majority is so wrong? Or do you believe that it's all up to personal opinion? If so, then stop winging about it with such blanket, overly general statements (instead, explain why you think it's crap, maybe then people will value your opinions). :p

Last edited:

Juliet

HSC
Well i haven't seen it, and i am too tight and lazy to do so, so yes i am sick of hearing how good it was.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nose Bleed

ex-loser
HSC
N/A
The first movie was made on the tighttest budget, ide hardly say over-priced? look at planet of the apes, dreamweaver, 100's of other movies, its hollywood just deal with it

i can't see how you would say the acting is poor? seriously who does a poor performance... considering none of them had any martial arts training b4hand i think casting is really good. and dont say "acting isn't judged on physical attributes" or something like that because it is! bah! and most the other points are whingy and sound like you dont like liking mainstream movies and have just looked for the non existant and weak points... racism??? Hmm

Twintip

Reloaded and Revolutions were only filmed last year I think. How is it racist? Does it put one race down over the other? Calling someone black isn't racist. Similarly, having a group of black people representing those born out of the Matrix is hardly racist either. The Philosophy is intriguing and definitely not shallow. I do the Philosophy HSC Distinction course and they rate it as a text, we even watched the first one at our second residential at UNSW. It is easy to brand something shallow when you don't understand it. You are correct in saying that questions of existence are not new, but has anyone ever seen something presented in this way to this extent? No. Hence the 'wow' factor. I have nothing else to say.

Last edited:

Nose Bleed

ex-loser
HSC
N/A
anyway the blacks are mostly from the same family
i think your racist for noticing how that could possibly be racist... i just see people

Raging Fuel

Originally posted by Mcdickpants
i think tammer said all that need be said about it.
its over-priced, over-hyped.
its 'philosophical' ramblings are shallow, and gratuitous (i mean really, questions of existence and reality are not new).
The CG is sometimes very mediocre (which is certanly inexcusible concidering its 4 year making period) and when it is there, its there for the sake of being there. Flashy production values do NOT make a movie.
Theres also the very obvious point about how shitty the acting and how shallow the writing is.
Its also quite a racist text as well given that the majority of citizens in Zion are ethnics, while all the important people are caucasion.
Also many biblical references are annoying and simply not needed.
Zen and Chrisitanity shouldnt be mixed on any level >:|
so that is why the matrix sucks.

The Matrix is just an excuse to make Computer Geeks (like myself) feel cool. All in all, computer geeks arent cool, and neither is the matrix. the end.
'its over-priced, over-hyped.' Of course anything that someone has spent lots of money is automatically crap and not worth seeing. And how exactly is hype a negative thing?

'questions of existence and reality are not new' Well I guess all the philosophers around the world that still discuss these questions are wasting their time. Can't they think of something new and original to philosophise? Don't they know that since these are old questions they have all been answered long ago? Oh, right. Questions of existence and choice are still asked because they don't have any agreed upon answers. But of course Hollywood isn't allowed to ask them because that makes them unoriginal. And although I'm not an expert on the subject, the 'ramblings' didn't seem shallow to me.

'The CG is sometimes very mediocre' What the fuck are you on? Were you actually watching the movie with your eyes open? The special effects were the best I've ever seen in a movie. If you think they were mediocre, please, by all means, tell me the name of a movie that looks better. I would really like to see it.

'Flashy production values do NOT make a movie.' This sentence doesn't actually make sense to me. What is a flashy production value? And why doesn't it make a movie?

'Theres also the very obvious point about how shitty the acting and how shallow the writing is.' Well it must be obvious if you say so. With the exception of Keanu Reeves, the acting was outstanding. Carrie-Ann Moss, Hugo Weaving, Laurence Fishburne were all fantastic. The writing was excellent as well. The script was witty, and managed to express some complicated ideas without getting bogged down in words. The only exception was the character of Link (token black guy, anyone?).

'Its also quite a racist text as well given that the majority of citizens in Zion are ethnics, while all the important people are caucasion.' I laughed out loud when I read this sentence. You are talking about how racist this film is, because of all the 'ethnics'. Am I the only one who notices the irony? And all the important people are caucasion? I suppose if you don't really notice them they aren't important. But if you try hard to remember, you might recall 'Morpheous', 'the Key Maker', 'the Oracle', 'Niobe' and 'cool asian protector of the oracle'. I suppose all those 'ethnics' merge together, so it's hard to tell which ones are important characters.

'Also many biblical references are annoying and simply not needed.' Which biblical references would those be, exactly? I didn't notice any. But then again I don't know much about the bible, so I missed them.

'The Matrix is just an excuse to make Computer Geeks (like myself) feel cool.' Anything else you'd like to pull out of your arse while you're down there?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)