Who else logged in and got another persons file? (1 Viewer)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I logged on to my own file this morning, went to look at the results tab and got Andrew Habib. Secure, i dont think so.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lol, imagine if it was someone you knew "Does your monitor have a power indicator?" If you find these hidden messages PM me. How long will it take?

HSC
Fuck...what the hell is with the Board Of Studies.......I was logged in as some Tammy Xe Niki or something...I had access to their address, THEIR FUCKING RESULTS AS WELL! I mean...what an invasion of privacy......farken hell....

T

timbk2

http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story.jsp?sectionid=1274&storyid=2397849

HSC results website 'not secure'

December 17, 2004

A SECURITY flaw in a New South Wales government website allowed year 12 students to access the Higher School Certificate results of other students, the State Opposition said today.

The security breach came two days after police were called in to investigate how 101 students used an internet link to access their HSC results early.

More than 66,000 NSW students who completed the HSC were today able to access their results using a website, a telephone hotline or SMS text messages.

NSW Nationals MP Andrew Fraser today said he had seen another student's HSC results when he was checking his son's university admission score.

Mr Fraser also said he had been told some students who entered their PIN numbers into the Board of Studies website had seen the results of other students, instead of their own.

Mr Fraser said his son Angus, who was away, had asked him to use the internet to look up his HSC results.

He had successfully found his son's results and had wanted to check his university entry score, he said.

But the website jammed so Mr Fraser clicked the "go" button on the internet and another student's results appeared.

"I think that's a breach of that child's privacy and I would hate to think as a parent that my son's results were accessible by other students or anyone else," Mr Fraser told reporters.

Opposition education spokeswoman Jillian Skinner said she was appalled the security breaches were occurring after Education Minister Andrew Refshauge had called in police over an earlier breach.

"I believe the police should be investigating Dr Refshauge to ask him how come his website that he said no one could get into to find out another student's results is clearly flawed," Ms Skinner said.

Comment was being sought from Dr Refshauge.

T

timbk2

AND annother one..

http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story.jsp?sectionid=1274&storyid=2397923

Probe starts on HSC website

December 17, 2004

AN investigation has been launched into a website glitch that allowed some NSW Year 12 students to see other students' final school results.

NSW Board of Studies General Manager John Bennett said today two students had told the board they saw other people's results when they logged into the website to check their own Higher School Certificate results.

NSW Nationals MP Andrew Fraser said earlier that when he had logged on to the internet to check his son's HSC results, he saw another student's results.

Dr Bennett said the Students Online website had been shut down but HSC results could still be accessed from the Board of Studies website, www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au.

"Students have been able to access or see the results of other students," Dr Bennett said.

"We started an investigation immediately and we're bringing in outside technical experts to help us on this task."

Earlier this week, police were called into investigate how 101 students used an internet link to view their HSC results early

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Definitely a massive case of incompetence going down at the Board of Studies.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
fuckn hell i got so scared coz i accessed my results early i thought bos wanted revenge on me or something

all my subs changed and my band6's turned into band 2 and 3

farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr outttttttttttttt i was shittin myslef.... lucki the hscresults.nsw.edu.au had no probs

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
LOL shit i cant access the site now, i checked it this morning at 6:30 and i was pretty happy. now i wanna check it again after reading those articles.

T

timbk2

http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/Website-glitch-mars-results/2004/12/17/1102787269641.html

Website glitch mars results
December 17, 2004 - 6:42PM

Page Tools
Email to a friend Printer format
The class of 2004 performed better in their Higher School Certificate (HSC) than those in previous years, the NSW government said today as more than 66,000 students accessed their results.

But the good news was marred by a website glitch that allowed some students to access their schoolmates' final results in the second security breach of the HSC website this week.

NSW Education Minister Andrew Refshauge praised students today for their outstanding HSC results, in which public schools outperformed non-government schools.

"Students are choosing to do more difficult subjects, they're raising their own bar in that sense," Dr Refshauge told reporters.

More than 12,932 students received a score of at least 90 in one or more courses, up from 9,474 in 2001 when the HSC was revamped, he said.

Students performed better at all levels, with 99 per cent of those who completed the standard English course passing, up from 97 per cent last year.

In the general mathematics course, 93 per cent of students passed, compared to 89 per cent last year.

Fifty-two per cent of the state's top students came from public schools, compared to 48 per cent who attended non-government schools, the minister said.

On average, two per cent more girls than boys received top-level HSC marks in any subject.

Students were able to access their results though the internet, SMS or a telephone hotline.

But result access was disrupted when two students told the NSW Board of Studies (BOS) they were able to log onto the HSC website with their own student numbers and access other people's results.

This followed a breach of website security on Wednesday when about 100 students managed to find out their scores before the site was officially open.

The police have been called in to investigate that incident.

NSW Nationals MP Andrew Fraser said the government's failure to ensure security of the results breached students' privacy.

Mr Fraser accessed the results for his son Angus, who had asked him to find out his results because he was away from home.

He said he successfully found his son's results, but wanted to check his University Admission Index (UAI) score.

The website jammed, so Mr Fraser clicked the "go" button on the internet and another student's results appeared.

"I think that's a breach of that child's privacy and I would hate to think as a parent that my son's results were accessible by other students or anyone else," Mr Fraser told reporters.

BOS general Manager John Bennett said there were two websites through which students could access their results.

The Students Online website, on which today's glitch occurred, had since been shut down but HSC results could still be accessed through the NSW Board of Studies website.

"We started an investigation immediately and we're bringing in outside technical experts to help us on this task," Dr Bennett said.

AAP

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
yeah i did i got some girl who went to st john bosco but it was before 6 so i only got her online page not results

mishka

HSC
N/A
in my opinion, this scandal is worse than tuesdays because people had access to other people's private details.

on tuesday, people were only looking up their own results and no harm was done to anyone else.

how scary must it have been for those who got the wrong page, though??!! "omg John Smith used my student number!!!" :D

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
WE GOT MENTIONED:

"However, a number of students posting messages on the popular website boredofstudies said they had seen other students' marks, suggesting the glitch was more widespread than the three reported incidents."

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
http://www.smh.com.au/news/National...e/2004/12/17/1102787279450.html?oneclick=true
mentioned in this article, they are monitoring us!!

Delighted Maria gets the message
By Nick Calacouras and Linda Doherty
December 18, 2004

Page Tools
Email to a friend Printer format
Nervous night ... Maria Pouy with her sister Analia and grandmother Lilian Nunez.
Photo: Kate Geraghty

At 6am yesterday Maria Pouy waited impatiently for her HSC results to arrive by text message on her mobile phone.

As the clock ticked past the hour, the 18-year-old graduate of Moorefield Girls' High School in Kogarah became agitated as she sat on her bed with her nervous sister Analia, 14, and her grandmother Lilian Nunez.

Maria already knew she had topped the state in Spanish Extension but was still concerned about the rest of her subjects.

"I only arrived in Australia [from South America] this year, so it was a huge challenge to catch up with all of the past work," she said.

"I had never done calculus before in maths, so I had to catch up with everything," she said. "At the beginning I failed every test, but by the end I was getting better and better."

At 6.14 the phone finally beeped and her marks appeared. "Yeah, it's ... I'm so relieved. Oh, my God. I got 76 in maths, which is a shock. I was expecting, at most, 60."

"All those afternoons and nights I was buried in here," she said, looking around her bedroom. "My room had the walls covered with those little yellow and pink pieces of paper."

While the delivery of results by text message went relatively smoothly yesterday, the NSW Board of Studies had to close its website, Students Online, after the second security bungle this week.

A Coffs Harbour father, the Nationals MP Andrew Fraser, said he called up the online results of his son, Angus, and found he could also access the marks of an unrelated student.

"It was a total breach of privacy," he said. "I felt really guilty I had looked at the other students' results. You feel like you've robbed the kid's house."

The general manager of the Office of the Board of Studies, John Bennett, said two students also said they had seen others' results. But he said the board's two websites had successfully delivered 54,000 sets of results to HSC students.

However, a number of students posting messages on the popular website boredofstudies said they had seen other students' marks, suggesting the glitch was more widespread than the three reported incidents.

Dr Bennett said Students Online was closed after the reports. Requests for student results are now on http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/

Police are investigating a security breach on Tuesday when a hacker broke the code for HSC marks and circulated a replica web page, enabling 101 students to get results three days early.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)