Who got a sh*t uai? Cmon share your pain (1 Viewer)

minorcadence

HSC
Re: Who got a shit uai? Cmon share your pain

well, fair enough.

It's just that I am, and going to be, fighting as hard as i possibly can - including slaving away in all of my 'Non-real' subjects without any frontal assault from super maths people...

No offence taken, although interesting to see other points of view.

What is your take on Music and Drama? Does the fact that they, like English, are speculative subjects requiring creativity and empathy, insult you?

Hey, we all work as hard for the same thing. We're all in this thingo together - and i would appreciate a little less "compassion" if it means bursting my bubble. I'm trying for med school here, show some empathy!

But no hard feelings. Seriously.

:)

haque

HSC

Look some of my best friends do music, i used to do drama outside of school(yeah ironic i know-i loved drama) as for english-extension2 english requires creativity and a natural talent(which i don't have)-my reference is only to advanced english which i have experienced and had to work much harder for it than my other subjects. If i was any good at music i would have taken it-again i recognise the fact different ppl are good at different things-sorry for any offence, there was a similar reaction so i put in no offence in my sig

Conspirocy

HSC

haque said:
I have many family friends and close friends who received low uais yet i have a lot of respect for them because they are talented in other areas- I was merely trying to be compassionate and positive about the fact that uai isn't everything-I'm not really sure what the aggression is about. I'm sorry if for any offence-i made the post with the best intentions in mind.
look at ur sig man

bitching about english...maybe if u tried harder u could have got the extra mark in physics or chem or modern hist...lol actually if you had done extension english or economics you would have got 100 (modern hist what were you thinking)

I know your going to talk about the personal milestone thing and how it's just you set out to get a uai of 100. Thats pretty kewl that you tried to do that, but grow up. I mean you are definetly in for some dissapointment at uni if that's your attitude.

Be a man, you tried, you fell short - stop blaming others and accept it. People respect you for what you have achieved, don't throw it away by being a little bitch.

Last edited:

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC

haque were u seriously aiming for 100. did u think all along u could be in the top 20 for the state ?

PrettyVacant

HSC

sando said:
haque were u seriously aiming for 100. did u think all along u could be in the top 20 for the state ?
What's wrong with high aspirations?

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC

i admire his high aspirations. its pretty crazy to know that u are capable of achieving that high.

but it sounds like he was a bit grumpy with falling that short which is ridiculus as there is no uai cutoff of 100 for any courses

PrettyVacant

HSC

sando said:
i admire his high aspirations. its pretty crazy to know that u are capable of achieving that high.

but it sounds like he was a bit grumpy with falling that short which is ridiculus as there is no uai cutoff of 100 for any courses
:p Ohh.

Well that's true. There isn't a UAI cutoff THAT high, but I suppose it's about his personal aspirations and not about getting into the course he wanted to do.
And also, perhaps he should focus on HOW FREAKING HIGH 99.95 is, and how much I'd kill to get a UAI like that. :p My sister did ^^

P

pLuvia

Actually MBBS is 99.95 and that's what Haque is going to do so :D

Conspirocy

HSC

LottoX said:
EDIT: haque has a right to complain. English is very subjective.
English is subjective, so everyone has a right to complain about it. I'm sure there are heaps of people who didn't want to sit an English exam for the hsc. So for all the complaining everyone does every year, what suggestions do you get? Explain to me why English should not be a compulsory subject. Show me another education system as highly rated that does not have the native language as mandatory study. Further, I'm sure the guy can speak English and has a great grasp of the subject since he got 93 in it.

He wanted 100 and tried to play the scaling game and stuffed up. Why you would do modern history over economics if your looking to scale 100 is beyond me? He knows it, blaming English is a cop out. If he really struggled with English or if it weighed down on him why do modern history, an essay based subject. It's a cop out, he's just looking for something else to blame.

Anonymou5

HSC
N/A

So what if he complains? This is a public forum and he can do whatever he wants as long as it is not out of line.

Someone complaining about how the HSC is unfair since it apparently doesn't cater for everyone's ability hence leading them to miss out on a place in their desired course is no less pathetic than what haque's doing.

Conspirocy

HSC

Mate the HSC did cater for his abilities. The highest scaling subjects are the one's he obviously performed well in.

My view is that he tried, he fell short and that's it. Why complain? It's useless. I never said he couldn't. He probably shouldn't.

I mean most goals like that are unatainable and the guy did pretty well getting so close. To then sit and complain is a pretty poor effort in my books. People face harder challenges in their life and bigger dissapointments.

The truth is, if he keeps up that sort of attitude he will go off the boil at uni and get pretty average marks and face much larger dissapointments.

If he really see's what he has achieved as a failure, and he blames english then fine. Still, it's too late now to change anything. If he is really that peeved about it, set a new goal for uni like a university medal and stop dwelling on the fact that everyone in the state has to study english.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC

Whether it's right or wrong for him to complain, I suppose it is his right to complain if that's how he wants to deal with it, just like everyone else here who feels like they didn't achieve what they wanted - no matter what that goal may have been.

Anonymou5

HSC
N/A

I didn't say that the HSC didn't cater for his abilities. I think it's quite clear that what I was doing was comparing two different things, and stating that one is no less pathetic than the other.

He may 'go off the boil' at uni if he keeps up the same attitude. However, if he keeps up the same attitude one thing's almost certain, he'll be getting much higher marks than most people in uni since he is obviously geared towards doing just that.

You need to keep in mind that it hasn't been that long since the results were released. Sure, he needs to get over it. But if a perfect UAI was something he wanted to get really badly then I don't believe that it is at all unreasonable for him to still be a little peeved about his result at this point in time.

Also if his goal was to achieve a UAI of 100 then it's obviously something that he has spent a significant amount of time working towards. If you 'fail' to achieve a long term you can't just 'switch off' the disappointment. Besides, from what I've seen he is quite a capable individual and has a lot going for him. So it's not like he is wasting away his life at the moment.

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC

I think it's stupid that he complains about ONLY getting a UAI of 99.95. Farken hell, I know he wanted 100 and that he would have worked really hard for his great marks, but it's stupid to complain when your UAI is that good. Plus, it makes those of us who didn't get 99.95 feel completely useless.

Conspirocy

HSC

Anonymou5 said:
I didn't say that the HSC didn't cater for his abilities. I think it's quite clear that what I was doing was comparing two different things, and stating that one is no less pathetic than the other.

He may 'go off the boil' at uni if he keeps up the same attitude. However, if he keeps up the same attitude one thing's almost certain, he'll be getting much higher marks than most people in uni since he is obviously geared towards doing just that.

You need to keep in mind that it hasn't been that long since the results were released. Sure, he needs to get over it. But if a perfect UAI was something he wanted to get really badly then I don't believe that it is at all unreasonable for him to still be a little peeved about his result at this point in time.

Also if his goal was to achieve a UAI of 100 then it's obviously something that he has spent a significant amount of time working towards. If you 'fail' to achieve a long term you can't just 'switch off' the disappointment. Besides, from what I've seen he is quite a capable individual and has a lot going for him. So it's not like he is wasting away his life at the moment.
Yes, yes, yes. You are right. I Still think he is a cry baby.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC

*Ninny-mole* said:
I think it's stupid that he complains about ONLY getting a UAI of 99.95. Farken hell, I know he wanted 100 and that he would have worked really hard for his great marks, but it's stupid to complain when your UAI is that good. Plus, it makes those of us who didn't get 99.95 feel completely useless.
That is true it does make you feel pretty cut down it did the same to me, but you shouldn't feel useless. You're UAI isn't everything, try not to let it get to you. <3

fofanny

HSC

I only got 67.35.....I did have some serious health problems for a good portion of the year but the poor UAI was mainly a result of serious slacking off.
I'm hoping my EAS application will push the mark up to the 70s so I can get into economics at UWS.

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC

lol. All these people arguing over haque's marks.

I like that irony haque, it was you who used to do all the arguing over your marks :D

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC

haque did u use SAM the day u recieved ur results ? .. it would be really funny if SAM predicted 100

sx4daboiz

HSC
N/A

tkfkd said:
I got 61.05 UAI and still devastated and sad but I know that I haven't put up the effort most of the guys did here. (I did towards the end but was tooo late :(). Anyway, I'm wondering if I can go into Information Technology course in UWS which has cut-off of 61.00 UAI? Do any of you who are "uni expertise" and knows about cutoffs and stuff think that it will rise? I really really hope it doesn't.
Don't even bother with UWS IT, it will be too hard to get a job. You're a guy, you're lucky, just do a trade and you can earn shitloads. My brother got 30 something and did an apprenticeship, he was recently promoted and is now earning 100,000 a year, which is probably more than I ever will with my 88 UAI
Seriously, plumbers earn heaps I would totally do that if I was a guy!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)