Who got a sh*t uai? Cmon share your pain (1 Viewer)

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Re: Who got a shit uai? Cmon share your pain

UOW all the way !!!

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC

the uni ranks are based on peer review and citations for the most part. its up to you to make the most of your university experience in the end.

L

littlewing69

sando said:
it doesnt seem to be very popular, thats all

It's just not in a big enough city.

<3 ANU

haque

HSC

To Conspirocy and others(too many quotes)
whoa i wasn't complaining about my uai and i respect ur opinions, like i shouldn't have done modern, but the english thing as drewcgn knows comes from the fact i had a bust up with my head teacher over an oral assessment task and my rank for english was asolutely destroyed and it was the assessment mark that stuffed me up. the 100 uai only became a target just after the trials after the uai predicitons and i was going through the motions before that-if it had been a target for a long time i wouldn't have come on bos-if someone told me at the start of year 12 ur gonna get 99.95 i would take it gladly no questions. however once u get close and u had that expectation it hurts a bit-i've edited my sig and i say again that uai isn't everything-at the end of our uni life etc it's just a number and is meaningless once we are in a proffession etc.
btw thanx to all the guys-lotto, sando,anonymou5 sprinkles and others for sticking upfor me-it wasn't a case of paying out english or complaining, it was more of a case of getting so close but being so far.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC

but.....but....

i'm a girl. :(

haque

HSC

oops, yeah thank u jachie, it was nice for an english person to stick up for someone like me-but i don't hate english (i disliked it)but my head teacher

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC

I love english it's my favourite subject, but I still think it sucks that everyone is stuck with if for their UAI... for people who are good at things like maths and not english it's not really fair. Besides not everyone has to like it, you had the right to complain... i'd be annoyed being one mark off a 100 UAI! Haha I'd be running around complaining so much, it's sooo close to your goal. Your head teacher sounds evil lol.

Don't worry, lots of people were probably just jealous of your 99.95 :p

Last edited:

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC

i reckon ur principle would be pretty angry at the english teacher to find out his marking cost the school a 100uai

Hero Of Time

HSC
N/A

Bookie said:
little lou lou, dont take back what you said. its ok to be angry at people better than you. i missed 3 months of school and didnt study and still got 96.4 - it just means I'm awesome. But there are even awesomer people than me. Plus, it doesn't really matter if you havent got a designated career path anyway.

You say you were gonna do IT? Wow, how boring. You should probably be glad that you didnt make it because if you did, youd do a degree (shit boring, may I add) for 4 years and then enter a labouer market which is based in South Asia - ie no job.

You can indeed do other stuff through TAFE and get an awesome diploma, and if youre still interested, go to uni after that. Yes, it does suck because you'll have to use up an extra year than others, but hey, academics isnt your thing (i only say that because im a blunt guy). But otherwise, youve probably got an awesome personality and are very hot. So you win at life.
Such a post only exemplifies how immature you are. The UAI each year never reflects the most intelligent student of that year anyway. You can enjoy being as self indulged and as "blunt" as you like.

Last edited:

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC

sando said:
i reckon ur principle would be pretty angry at the english teacher to find out his marking cost the school a 100uai
Her, and no, if you'd met her (english teacher) you'd probably be running for cover.

He had a bit of bad luck with an ill-worded assessment sheet, but haque, I'm sure once you've started your Med degree in 2 months time, you won't care about the 0.05, you'll have new friends, worries, aspirations and we'll all go back to minding our business. Given you got dux, medicine, and the scholarship, there wasn't much else the extra mark would get you.

Nearly everyone has one or two gripes in their hsc year that cost them a few marks, (i.e. if i took 4u maths, didn't turn up to class and failed 4u, I could have got 99.9 because of that tricky 3u double units, how's that for a good scaling system), but thats not just the hsc, thats life, and it's not going to be the biggest "what-if/could've been" for any of us when we find ourselves landed in much bigger gripes. And once you see friends/-of-friends who had bigger trifles such as family members dying, parental divorces, car crashes and amputations in their hsc year, you realise that maybe that story of "2 assessment marks your music teacher ripped you off cause he didn't like you even though your performance was the best" really isn't going to generate any sympathy for you.

This isn't directed at anyone in the thread, just something to consider.

Last edited:
T

Testpilot

Exphate said:

[/life]

MC, Thats good considering our schools average UAI is less than 50 (judging by our friends). Its shit that we're the worst school in our region and we don't get EAS.

HSC

drewgcn said:
He had a bit of bad luck with an ill-worded assessment sheet, but haque, I'm sure once you've started your Med degree in 2 months time, you won't care about the 0.05, you'll have new friends, worries, aspirations and we'll all go back to minding our business. Given you got dux, medicine, and the scholarship, there wasn't much else the extra mark would get you.
Yes there is. There is the prestige that is restricted to 20(?) people who CAN say they got 100. Yes thats right haque failed. That number will stay with him for the rest his life and all people are going to talk about when they talk about him is "who? Dr. haque(insert real name)? you mean that guy who ONLY got 99.95? Pft what a loser." He has to live with that for the rest of his life and all you people say is console him with meaningless drivel like "oh, you got a scholarship, medicine, and dux." It's alright for us mere mortals to say this because in the scheme of things we are nothing anyway. He is an overachiever who is meant to get everything and didnt ok? While the rest of us fight for the scraps. Now do you feel his pain?

^^didn't think it was needed but it might be. hope you guys can detect sarcasm^^

Last edited:

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC

well thats for you to sit back and be sarcastic about, for those who are actually smart it isnt the greatest thing in the world. but to realistically expect 99.5+ is pretty snivelly though.

HSC

Yeah as sarcastic as it was intended to be, I can see how that can piss you off...but expecting a UAI such as that, I think its a bit much, but maybe thats because I got nowhere near 100. But the competition is so fierce up top, its usually very little things that are out of the complete control of anyone that decides who gets to that 100 mark and who doesnt. Like scaling for instance, the subjects studied.

Bookie

Banned
HSC

everyone forgets the 100s [ill remember you always kaivan and JV].

the 99.95s even more so, because theres 880 of them, i think.

disputed

HSC

nah i asked them not to give me one i mean

haque

HSC

Bookie said:
everyone forgets the 100s [ill remember you always kaivan and JV].

the 99.95s even more so, because theres 880 of them, i think.
Incorrect, around 840 people get 99+ but 40 get 99.95+(i.e including the 20 hundreds or so). To watatank-no worries, i only aimed for it after the predicitons and i agree with musk also-i think ppl have been talking off topic log enough in this thread

HSC

Hahaha there wouldnt be much activity if threads were always on topic.

HSC

drewgcn said:
Her, and no, if you'd met her (english teacher) you'd probably be running for cover.

Nearly everyone has one or two gripes in their hsc year that cost them a few marks, (i.e. if i took 4u maths, didn't turn up to class and failed 4u, I could have got 99.9 because of that tricky 3u double units, how's that for a good scaling system), but thats not just the hsc, thats life, and it's not going to be the biggest "what-if/could've been" for any of us when we find ourselves landed in much bigger gripes. And once you see friends/-of-friends who had bigger trifles such as family members dying, parental divorces, car crashes and amputations in their hsc year, you realise that maybe that story of "2 assessment marks your music teacher ripped you off cause he didn't like you even though your performance was the best" really isn't going to generate any sympathy for you.

This isn't directed at anyone in the thread, just something to consider.
here here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)