Who got into BComm with bonus points? (1 Viewer)

Valupatitta

HSC
Heyy...

Did any1 get into BComm with bonus points? or do you know any1 that did?

does bonus points really work???

thanx

Uncle

Banned
HSC
ah, did they raise the cutoff for commerce to near law level to counter the usual bottleneck influx of potential commerce students, HUH?

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
these are cheaters!
this course should remain slightly more prestigious!
lol....

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
what the fuck is prestigious about commerce?

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
it used to be....
soo little people wanting to be accountants etc getting a CA qualification...now it is just UBER popular...partly cos of the free points

joshuaali

HSC
these are cheaters!
this course should remain slightly more prestigious!
lol....
it used to be....
soo little people wanting to be accountants etc getting a CA qualification...now it is just UBER popular...partly cos of the free points
So you got in when it used to be "more prestigious"? When the cutoff was whatever it is now minus five?

kevinx2 said:
Half of UNSW Commerce got in with bonus points

Unis 'are inflating scores' - National - smh.com.au
I'd approach that article with a degree of skepticism if I were you. I recall reading that a year or two ago (or perhaps it was a similar article by the SMH); the basis of the article was a quote taken from an anonymous poster from these very forums.

Besides, those bonus points aren't automatic: you do have to work for them, just like for your UAI (or ATAR now).

Even if there are some unis "inflating scores" as the article claims, there's nothing stopping other unis from taking a similar stance. Actually, I think it's a positive step forward. The UAI is outdated and it's been long in need of an overhaul.

tommykins said:
what the fuck is prestigious about commerce?
Nothing really. I don't see any program as being more prestigious than another (perhaps the institution itself, but definitely not the programs it offers). People should choose a program not based on its supposed prestige but rather based on where their passion lies.

HSC
commerce = glorified arts degree mixed with a bit of maths if u do proper majors

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
everything is arts. Thats why arts is a stupid course. Gets u no job these days

sickk

HSC
yep, good to see more of the engineering fanboys on a commerce thread...
everything is shit except engineering...

Last edited:
HSC
im not doing engineering either but i can appreciate the impact they make, its a shame them along with other more important roles like teachers, doctors, architects etc. are underpaid

you cant make a business man out of uni, entrepreneurs are born not made; i can see how it would be somewhat useful (i mean you want to know at least stats if you're interested in finance) but its way overglorified; everything taught is purely very very abstract models which are likely to be loaded with flaws and not relied in except for an analogy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)