Who got into medical science (1 Viewer)

truespirit_jj

So who got into medical science at uni sydney in 2005?
If there is anyone out there, would you be able to explain to me how I should choose my units: the compulsory subjects that I must undertake , and any advanced, intermidate subjects that I am required to undertake if i'm to sucessfuly complete teh degree??
Thank you

BobbyBobbyBob

HSC
i got in... but dunno much about the course
only doing it for the chance of transfering to other medical related courses afta a yr or 2.

All i know about it is dat maths, physics, chemistry is complusory in the first yr and dat there is an option of choosing either bio or psychology (i think).

Ext 1 HSC maths is recommended.... becos the maths first yr is equivialent of 4U HSC (so i've heard)....

thats all i know.

kirst101

HSC
N/A
do u think i will need to do a physics bridging course then if it is compulsory in fisrt year. i only did chem and bio for the hsc

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
nope you can do physics fundamentals as a subject. im doing adv sci but you can also choose this subject. its for people who havent done physics

truespirit_jj

Do poeple who's doing either B Science or B Science (Advanced) have to do common first year subjects?

nitesh

HSC
BobbyBobbyBob said:
Ext 1 HSC maths is recommended.... becos the maths first yr is equivialent of 4U HSC (so i've heard)....
?
Yea i heard sumfin like dat to

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
I reckon medical science is a bit restricted...i'm fine with it...... but it doesn't offer much flexibility in first year...there are only a few subjects to choose from in 1st year......all my units of studies are advanced...seriously what is the difference? advanced and intermediate have the same credit points and u get the same degree.....

nitesh

HSC
I got in, but i havent done HSC biology, i was thinking about taking the bridging course, but im not sure since ive enrolled in the "Concepts of Biology" course for semester 1. Should this be enough or do i really need the bridging course to keep up with the course.

truespirit_jj

Yeh same with me, I haven't completed HSC Biology either. But when I talked to one of the ladies from Biology, she said that there would be no disadvatage even though we don't do the bridging course, because "Concepts in Biology'; is designed for people who haven't done Biology at HSC level anyway...

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
Hey I just heard from one of the faculty ppl that the highest UAI entering the degree is 99.5 (anyone who disagrees with me or has a higher UAI feel free to tell me I'm wrong)......but if the person does not accept the offer the highest UAi may be in the low 99 - high 98 region *crosses fingers*

Apparently the highest UAI entering the degree gets a scholarship...

Last edited:

doodydo

HSC
N/A
thaoroxy2001 said:
Hey I just heard from one of the faculty ppl that the highest UAI entering the degree is 99.5
i've heard of higher...i know...dammit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)