Who has a crazy lecturer? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Anyone here have a crazy lecturer?
I sure as hell have one. During O week I kept hearing stories about how some lecturers would barricade the doors shut after 10 mins into the lecture, or answer ppl's phones if they went off in the lecture. Then today the first thing my chem lecturer (Rob Lamb) said was that he would do exactly what Id heard in the stories:uhoh:

edit: hes also a pyro teaching chem

Last edited:

kini mini

HSC
My law lecturer seems nice, QMA guy's Mauritian accent is distracting and he's pedantic but he's not crazy, the microeconomics woman is strict but alright.

Robert Czernowski is a little crazy, he said he's walk out if there was too much talking, and appeared to be storing a 141MB Monty Python clip on a uni server, along with a small mp3 file, which he downloaded onto his laptop as the lecture was starting. He had his desktop displayed on the screen :D.

Mill

HSC
I gather you were referring to the 10AM lecture ACCT1501 kini mini? Jesus that was packed. Boring too. Like I care what an account is/does. Likewise about the history of accounting over the last 5,500 years. I just want to get into the actual bloody accounting. :)

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Originally posted by kini mini
My law lecturer seems nice, QMA guy's Mauritian accent is distracting and he's pedantic but he's not crazy, the microeconomics woman is strict but alright.

Robert Czernowski is a little crazy, he said he's walk out if there was too much talking, and appeared to be storing a 141MB Monty Python clip on a uni server, along with a small mp3 file, which he downloaded onto his laptop as the lecture was starting. He had his desktop displayed on the screen :D.
Free internet does have its advantages:p

SoFTuaRiaL

my discrete maths lecturer is CRAZY !! he's got this habit of sayin *haun* after every line ......... wierd guy

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Mill
I gather you were referring to the 10AM lecture ACCT1501 kini mini? Jesus that was packed. Boring too. Like I care what an account is/does. Likewise about the history of accounting over the last 5,500 years. I just want to get into the actual bloody accounting. :)
No, I went to the 12pm one, but he said he'd just done the same thing earlier in the morning so I suppose that was you guys. Packed and boring seems to go for most commerce lectures so far :p.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad

No, I went to the 12pm one, but he said he'd just done the same thing earlier in the morning so I suppose that was you guys. Packed and boring seems to go for most commerce lectures so far :p.
dun worry, we'll be able to find seats more easily in a couple of weeks..as ppl start skipping lectures..

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
my law lecturer looks about 25..!!!
I think you're in my law class actually, I heard someone say they went to Asquith Boys' this morning but I didn't know who and didn't get a chance to ask after class either.

If you're talking about Rachel Davis, I agree :p. There I was, expecting some stodgy old fart in his 50s with hair growing out of his ears who would take the most boring one-sided class since primary school :D!

I'm glad the law school is hiring younger and more dynamic people who haven't had the time to become cynical and lose interest in students. The classes will be that much more interesting.

Minai , you're probably right, I think the QMA lecture for one will be very quiet :p. But accounting is the main problem for me and I think most people will keep coming to that one.

Last edited:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Minai , you're probably right, I think the QMA lecture for one will be very quiet :p. But accounting is the main problem for me and I think most people will keep coming to that one.
I guess eh
QMA - anyone who did 3U or above (which is most ppl I'd say) will have been bored already...I mean..."what is a function?"

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by MinAi

I guess eh
QMA - anyone who did 3U or above (which is most ppl I'd say) will have been bored already...I mean..."what is a function?"
I don't mind if he starts from the beginning, but does the beginning really have to go on for the first few weeks of the course? I thought that as 2U was the recommended minimum for the course anyone who didn't do it OR a bridging course awould only have themselves to blame if they were lost.

This weekend I think I'll do the first few weeks of tutorial questions and work through the textbook as far as I can, hopefully up to matrices. Then I'll revise my integration (for week 13!). It'll save time when the law assignments and so on are due :p.

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
Originally posted by mannnnndy
Anyone here have a crazy lecturer?
I sure as hell have one. During O week I kept hearing stories about how some lecturers would barricade the doors shut after 10 mins into the lecture, or answer ppl's phones if they went off in the lecture. Then today the first thing my chem lecturer (Rob Lamb) said was that he would do exactly what Id heard in the stories:uhoh:

lol Rob Rulz hes by far the best lecturer ive got and that barracade thing was hilarious some guy knocked and then left lol. Its these lecturers that get the info stuck in your head!
hes also a pyro teaching chem
youre refering to the demo with the flamable He gas filled baloons right? *KABOOM* i got quite a fright, nearly broke the table lol.

my discrete maths lecturer is CRAZY !! he's got this habit of sayin *haun* after every line ......... wierd guy
lol true i saw the lecture but i dont do discrete my friend just made me stay

Last edited:

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
nope i sit in the first couple of rows. That guy is just a freak i hope rob doesnt provoke him too badly even know that it would be a joke but some ppl can 'click' at times. But it is always the lecture i look forward to esp with the Na demo:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)