Who has finished their courses? (1 Viewer)

Lori.

HSC
Behind in Ancient, English and Biology at least. We have an assessment in English on FRIDAY about 'Witness' which we haven't even started studying yet! No one has any idea what we have to do.

A l

HSC
N/A
The only course we would have finished by the trial period is English.....

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
On the final module in Adv English which will be finished in week 6 all other subjects should have all their final assessments etc done by week 7 thus finishing on time. But yes we shall have all information on all topics\modules before the trials.

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
A l said:
The only course we would have finished by the trial period is English.....
EXACTLY THE SAME
textile wont finsh untill hsc as major project is takin up most time
drama have finished course but constant working and studying is driving me crazy
modern history wont fiinish untill 3 weeks b4 graduation
community same situation as textiles

passion89

HSC
I know for a fact that none of my courses will be finished before the trial period (except maths) and it sucks because for:
Physics - we just started astrophysics
Chemistry - just started industrial chem
English adv - half way through Frontline (last module)
Economics - haven't even started last topic yet!
English Ext 1 - Just started real inspector hound

So all in all...there will be A LOT cut out of my trials for all of my subjects

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
we haven't finished any of the courses yet. I'm scared. Especially for business studies, we have like 3 huge as topics left :(

I seriously hate the kids in my business class cos it's mainly their fault. They'd just never shut up, even when the teacher's talking!

s2indie

HSC
The only thing I'll finish by trials is English too.
Physics - only up to spectroscopy in Astrophysics
Economics - hahaha, havent started last topic either. And we'll only have done fiscal policy from External Stability too. (ES the only thing we have left in the topic)
Chemistry - Just started Shipwrecks
SOR - i guess we have all the notes. Not that the teacher has been there to even teach us.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i think we'll be cutting it a bit fine. we started frontline in english today and apparently have an assessment on like monday, joy. not. also we're a bit behind in modern, though our teacher says we can have afternoon classes to catch up if we're desperate :s and bio...we should have started our option topic today, but we still have i think two sections of 'search for better health' to go...and thats the people who are on track, half the class is stuck halfway through the last module. drama will probably be okay. so will maths, although the incompetence of my teacher worries me a bit. ext english...i dont know. we'll probably *just* scrape through, if we sprint through 'the handmaid's tale' which we are lol.

passion89

HSC
s2indie said:
Economics - hahaha, havent started last topic either. And we'll only have done fiscal policy from External Stability too.
Haha the sad thing is, my class has only just started external stability and we have a few weeks before we start ec'c management...:mad1:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
English Adv - finishing Module C
Economics - finishing Topic 4
Chemistry - just started (shipwrecks)
Physics - In the middle of option (quanta to quarks)
MX1 - finishing circle geometry and have permutations & combinations left
MX2 - just finished integration, still have polynomials and harder 3u left

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
Any legal students? That's what I mainly worried about.

English Adv. - pretty much finished everything, just one more assessment to go
Ext. 1 - finished
Ext. 2 - I'm editing my story atm, report and reflection to go (due on the 21st of August)
Business - 1/4 of a way through Global Business
PDHPE - 1/2 way through last topic
Legal - 1/4 through Family
Maths - ??? (just got it for 12 units)

H

housemouse

If you havent finished the course by now, then the trial papers you do may have been edited to suit the stuff you already studied.

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
Maths 2u - finished
English - doing Module C
Physics - yet to start option topic
Ancient History - yet to start last topic (personalities)
SDD - yet to start option topic
IPT - yet to start 2nd option topic
History Extension - i dont think this subject actually has any limit :p

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
It's not so much about what is going to be in the trials or not, I'm more worried about if we are going to slow. I'm pretty sure there is no set date to finish (except the last day of school obviously), but isn't there a standard most schools should be aiming at to finish courses by?

Bare in mind, I go to a public school.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
_Bushra_ said:
It's not so much about what is going to be in the trials or not, I'm more worried about if we are going to slow. I'm pretty sure there is no set date to finish (except the last day of school obviously), but isn't there a standard most schools should be aiming at to finish courses by?

Bare in mind, I go to a public school.
All schools have a set date that HSC assessment marks have to be sent to the boardofstudies so that is by the date you must be finished. I believe that is in week 9 this year but most schools send them off earlier. So no it isn't the last day of term, at least for assessments.

And the type of school you go to doesn't matter in terms of when assessment marks must be sent away, although finishing time will.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I know for a fact that the only course where we'll actually have time for revision (and lots of it) after the trials is English.
For English, we're almost finished; well we have to finish, because our trials are assessing everything on the entire course.
For Mathematics Extension 1, we still have to finish Inverse Trigonometric Functions (about halfway atm), Simple Harmonic Motion, Projectile Motion and Binomial Theorem. I think we'll finish just on time at this rate.
In Mathematics Extension 2, we're still doing Volumes and we're going to somehow cram both Mechanics and Harder Extension 1 in about 6 weeks.
In Chemistry, we've only just finished Chemical Monitoring and Management. We're probably going to spend a week on the Option before the trial exams (which don't assess the Option) and then we have about 6 weeks left to finish the Option, which I think will be done just on time.
In Physics, we've started the Option, and probably spend another lesson or two on it before the trials. After that we have 6 weeks left to finish the Option which I think we'll do comfortably.
In Biology, we're still on Maintaining a Balance :(. We've got another week left to finish this topic because it is assessible in our trials. We're going to start the Option after the trials which means we have about 6 weeks to complete it which I think will be hectic because we're so going to rush the Option.

poopoohead

HSC
The only courses that are really close to finishing for me are maths

Chem- already done option, have to do chemical monitoring and management
Physics- option to go
English- Have to do module C

Yeah i do legal- we've finished consumers, probably a quarter way through family (at best)

he he- trying to write practice essay this moment. i give up- i think ill go to bed. goodnight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)