• Yes

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • no.

Votes: 30 45.5%

• Total voters

darkroomgirl

HSC
fleepbasding said:
I've never had a tutor and still ended up with a reasonable UAI. It's very do-able with humanities subjects
I totally agree. Pretty much all of my subjects were humanities-based, and those kinds of subjects require good personal interpretations, rather than straightforward, formulaic answers. Areas like English and History Extension would be useless in tutoring... because there are a lot of topics and you'd want your notes and answers to be unique. After all, in the HSC, what stands out is what gets good marks.

In Maths and Chemistry... I reckon tutoring would be more useful. As someone else said, you'd have more time for questions and you could also go at your own pace.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
maths tutoring was a waste of money for me.
I did better in the subjects that I did the work myself.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I had a tutor for business studies- ironically the most expensive tutor I've ever had (she charged $30/hr) and it was the subject which only counted for 1 unit (instead of 2).

EDIT: Should add that she did pull my mark up from 70% to 88%... with only one and a half terms of tutoring. Pity it scaled down though.

frootloop

HSC
Nope!

I was way too stubborn to ask for help... not to mention I didn't want to do extra homework etc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)