Who hasn't started studying yet/hasn't done much ??? (1 Viewer)

Thade

Arrrrgghhhh...
HSC
I'll be honest and say that I haven't studied yet. Well, only basic stuff anyway. :( I lock myself in my room for hours every day and tell everyone I'm studying, when in reality I'm bludging and playing games and drawing pictures the whole time.

Tomorrow, however, I'll be heading down to my local library with the rest of my Ancient History class (6 people! :D ) for a full day of group study. Group study days normally get me motivated enough to study, so hopefully all will go well. :)

I haven't done any study for maths yet. I'm not proud to say I've studied the least for this, but in my trials I got a mark of 52/100 and still ranked 8th out of 38! This is general maths too, people! Yes, I am scared. =P

emily2005

HSC
N/A
can sum1 tell me what bands you would need to get a uai of 79? i do general maths, adv english, legal, business, and bio

Dio-Rama

HSC
advice on note writing for ancient history would be awesome right now, as i have only done atspepsut, and i dont really think they're all that gr8.

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
emily2005 said:
can sum1 tell me what bands you would need to get a uai of 79? i do general maths, adv english, legal, business, and bio
i reckon that you would probably have a good idea of what you would need if you used SAM.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
im slowly getting somewhere now... i've actually realised that with prodding i do remember most of the work. i've studied a bit for everything but maths (which is no surprise)... i've done a lot on modern, coz thats the subject with the most to know... it's taking quite a long time. i'm fine on ww1, and okay on my personality - however national studies (germany) and the cold war topic i am scarily not up to scratch on.
i got mum to quiz me on bio: conclusion - must properly learn the process of dna replication because saying 'er...unwinding...nucleotides...um...rewinding?' will get u nowhere in the exam, lol.

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
I have done nothing, but not for a lack of trying!
I actually really want to study, but I'm too easily distracted and confused. I have been trying to study advanced and extension english (which has to be the most boring subjects ever) and I just can't make myself do anything. And even if I had the motivation to study, I wouldn't know what to do for english. But I'm starting to get stressed, which is a good sign.
Tomorrow I move on to economics. It is a whole lot easier to study, partly because the questions and information are straightforward and do not require creativity or flair, but mostly because I have already written all my notes on that topic for the trials. Here's hoping that I actually get something done for once...

Loz_metalhead

HSC
*Ninny-mole* said:
Tomorrow I move on to economics. It is a whole lot easier to study, partly because the questions and information are straightforward and do not require creativity or flair, but mostly because I have already written all my notes on that topic for the trials. Here's hoping that I actually get something done for once...
For some reason I find economics the hardest subject to study even though its my second best. I studied economic issues today-I like that topic.

Now I just need to study chemistry...I'm only spending tomorrow on it-then I have 2 days before the exam.

Next week I will do practice essays, past papers, go over my notes again.

vg_woz_here

HSC
lollllllllll all ive been doin is less then 30min a day........lalalalala

oh well. im not aiming high

meh

HSC
When I did my HSC I was big time procrastinating and in the week leading up to the exams I went everyday to the library and took EVERYTHING to make sure I didn't get there and make excuses for not working on what I really needed to work on. Also, someone from school went every day as well by chance, so having someone else there too helped me keep my sanity and kept me on track.

With procrasting alot of it is about sort of tricking your mind out of habits. FORCE yourself to work by putting yourself in a situation where you have no other option but to study. Why not go to a library that's not immediately close to home...you won't go home if you've only been there for an hour because its not that close.

league_girl

HSC
how many hours have u studied on average in the past week? or how many do u hope to study on ave in the following weeks?

what do u recon is too much/too little?

let me know what u think

league_girl

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
im slowly getting somewhere now... i've actually realised that with prodding i do remember most of the work. i've studied a bit for everything but maths (which is no surprise)... i've done a lot on modern, coz thats the subject with the most to know... it's taking quite a long time. i'm fine on ww1, and okay on my personality - however national studies (germany) and the cold war topic i am scarily not up to scratch on.
i got mum to quiz me on bio: conclusion - must properly learn the process of dna replication because saying 'er...unwinding...nucleotides...um...rewinding?' will get u nowhere in the exam, lol.
how hard is the process of dna replication to remember? there are that many analogies that it makes it so much more confusing.

i wish we did the cold war, the arab israeli conflict is so damn hard.

what personality are you studying?
we did Leni Riefenstahl, she was easy.

bboyelement

HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
I didn't even study much this week :(

so I'm planning on studying non-stop next week.
I'm also going to stay away from BoS til the hsc is over.
:santa:
thats what you probably said last week.:)

michaeln36

HSC
well i havnt done much actual STUDY yet .. but ive compiled notes for most subjects...

uai aim: 99+
hehehehe .. i better study.

rev-ise

HSC
I've studied probably a few hours over the last few days, haha, and I studied for probably no more than half an hour today. I keep telling myself: "I've really got to get into it tomorrow and then on!" but then the day just gets away thanks to procrastination.
I'm really going to try and spend many more hours studying, and less hours doing things like chatting on MSN.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
if you guys have just started studying now, then you're pretty much fucked
theres no way you would be able to cram everything in in 2 weeks
but to those who have studied, keep up the great work
and you shall be rewarded!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)