redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
manifestation said:
I take what everyone says literally!! :( Bushra says I'm naive...lol
thats how we like em ;)

HSC
N/A
Buying textbooks prior to first week (which is when everyone buys their books) saves you waiting 3 hours in the sun.

Unfortunately online co-op no longer has lists so you have to go there in person or fake an overseas trip :(

HSC
N/A
14th of Feb?

SCMP Mentor Training is on that day. AsyLum and myself (among other BOSers) should be around... somewhere, and doing something I don't know of yet :S Cyan and MJ had better give us the scoop on what mentor trainers are making us do on training day.

Tabris

HSC
Is parking free on enrolment days? Might wanna pay of SAF before the rush..

asscookie

dork.
HSC
Tabris said:
Is parking free on enrolment days? Might wanna pay of SAF before the rush..
I didn't see any free parking signs when I was at enrolment yesterday :mad1:

CieL

HSC
Yeh i heard it was free..

*shrugs* i didnt pay on enrolment days, nor did i see anyone else paying it..

actually i think Lynn (glitterfairy) was the one who mentioned it was free..

CieL

HSC
_Bushra_ said:
Should first years buy their textbooks or what? I havent bought anything yet...
I talked to Gordon in the Academic Advisors room for business.. and i was like.. should i buy books today.. and he's like, nahh.. unless you got questions in the textbook.. and if the lecturer tells you you will need the book for sure, there's not much point in buying the book

so yeh.. i'm waiting till the end of first week or so till i see if i need books or not.. besides, alot of people dont have their full set of books anyway..

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
ahhh the enthusiasm of post hsc'ers starting first yr at uni... =P

it's probably better to get the textbooks earlier to avoid the rush, but yeah i reckon wait until after first week and see what your lecturers say about the textbook

i got fgn jipped with the stat171 book i never even used it and paid something like $80 for it

Tabris

HSC
ACCG100 and ACCG101

GEt them now!! it is absolutely neccesary

ACST101, go get them because it is an exercose book and its absolutely neccesary, tute q's aint enough

ECON110 book, get them, lecture notes are too shallow!!!

But dont get STAT170, it just collects dust, get the course notes instead if they are out, they are compulsery

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
:: ryan.cck :: said:
ahhh the enthusiasm of post hsc'ers starting first yr at uni... =P

it's probably better to get the textbooks earlier to avoid the rush, but yeah i reckon wait until after first week and see what your lecturers say about the textbook

i got fgn jipped with the stat171 book i never even used it and paid something like $80 for it
lol man i know you're gonna sell it for at least 90 though :p I cant rememebr what i payed for my 171 book :(

A lot of people never used their ACST101 textbooks...and still did extremely well...

STAT170 book is handy imo. Don't get it brand new, get it second hand. The lecturer sometimes recommends questions to do after the lecture.

ACST151 textbook and Perdisco registration thing is COMPULSORY. Although i didn't use the Perdisco site much.

ECON110 = essential...its suicide if you plan not to get it...

ECON111 = even more essential if you decide to jig lectures...which is very stupid...

COMP115 = very handy textbook

ACCG105 = essential, i hate the lecturer, and her lecture notes...

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
manifestation said:
omg, I totally agree. I think he's excuse is he came from a single sex school...lol (so did I, but I don't go insane when I see a male...Jeez!)
Yeh i came from a relatively single sex school...some guys were just confused i guess ;)
We had girls in year 11 and 12, but that doesnt count because most of em were ermm...hmm
At uni, everything levels out anyway...

CrashOveride said:
Nope. Just need to get the PDF from someone who signs up.

I disagree.
You could do that...and you could also get those excel spreadsheets from someone too...but they might make those online assessment things that we never did (lol) compulsory this year? If not, then i guess its far from essential...

ok im the type of guy that needs to go to lectures...and i paid for it with micro...
You on the other hand, you're an independent learner, you can teach yourself at home...i think a fair few actuarial students are like that. So it depends on the person really.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Supra said:
Yeh i came from a relatively single sex school...some guys were just confused i guess ;)
We had girls in year 11 and 12, but that doesnt count because most of em were ermm...hmm
At uni, everything levels out anyway...
What school is this? I was thinking Barker, but girls there are year 10-12...

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
GoodToGo said:
What school is this? I was thinking Barker, but girls there are year 10-12...
Barker i wish :p...I went to Oakhill College, in Castle Hill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)