Who is going to MAQ? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Don't worry my dears! Of all my friends, I am the only one at Mac (the rest are basically all at USYD) but I still love it where I am. You'll make some new friends, and the Mac forum is an awesome place to hang out :D Especially in the wee hours of the morning :D

HSC
N/A
_Bushra_ said:
On these enrollment days, do parents come? or is it just the future students?

I'm scared going on my own! The uni is so big and scary :eek:
I brought my dad.

He paid for my car parking fees :D

Tabris

HSC
http://www.handbook.mq.edu.au/

http://www.handbook.mq.edu.au/degrees.php?edition=2006&level=ug

http://www.handbook.mq.edu.au/units.php?edition=2006&level=ug

Heres some helpful advice.

Suppose u made it to Bachelor of Economics, BEc, click on it in the list of degrees, u can now see that it has a list of programs of study, lets make it simple, ECOS02 economics.

Forget the general requirements for now, it will complicate some of the most simple things. Look at the specific requirements:

But heres the important part, it requires 68 CP, which means 24 CP a year which means 12CP a semester which ona verage should be at least 4 subjects a semester, it is the minimum, if u pass this it is ok.

100 level means subjects that are usually done in 1st year, 200 usually means subjects done usually in 2nd year and 300, usually done in 3rd year.

In first year u are required to do ECON110, ECON111, ECON141 and STAT170 (dont worry about STAT171, hardcore actuary nuts only).

Now that adds up to 12CP which means u have another 12 CP of electives, so u goto the unit list (3rd link at the begining) and add some electives, this can usually be accounting units (ACCG), finance and maths units (ACST), business units (BBA) or marketing (MKTG).

I added ACCG100, ACCG101, ACST101 and ISYS123 (I did Applied finance and economics first year).

After clicking on each unit for its details, u should find out that for first semester it is:

ECON110
STAT170
ACCG100
ACST101

and for 2nd semester

ECON111
ACCG101
ISYS123
ECON141

Now u have a complete set of untis that fits perfectly into your first year, and adds up to 24CP. Now its a matter, of choosing your timetable, You will be given a timetable template for u to fill in once u have accepted your offer.

Heres the timetable

http://www.timetables.mq.edu.au/class/2006/ttmaker/ttmaker.asp

Just follow the steps and select your class times, if u are lucky u can have 3 day weeks and take 4 days off. There are heaps of options so take your time so u can maximise your university time or make it compatible with other priorities.

Once u got all of the units and timetable sorted out and fille din your timetable template. Goto uni, they give u steps on how to fulfill your enrolments, its very simple and straight forward its like "A Dummy's guide to enrolment at Macquarie"

Just bring your template, a pen and your tax file number.

At the end of the day, u would have ur student card with your picture, concession sticker, and Student union card or "Students at Macquarie" (SAM). After that just wait for class and semester to start.

Tabris

HSC
DOnt forget to pay your Compulsery unionship fees, otherwise they cancel your enrolment, pay it on the day to avoid hassles on consesus day, and if u plan to park there fix that up too.

If i miss something or if u arnt sure about anything post them up.

Tabris

HSC
How do you get to Macquarie University?

If you can drive it is simple, just look at the map, for those that are not familiar and live on the Campbelltown East Hills line heres how,

Catch an express to Centrel or Redfern, from Refern or centrel, change to the northen line via strathfield. Get off at Epping, catch a bus to Macq,

OR

Catch an express to Centrel, catch an interstate train (first stop Strathfield, then Epping), only about 20 min, nice seats too, they usually leave about 3-4 min after u get off at centrel so be quick.

OR

Catch a train to Town Hall, catch a bus to Macquarie from QVB

What ticket should i buy? If u go more than 3 times a week or weekly costs is high, pickup a travel pass, u get it half price with student concession and it is UNLIMITED TRAVEL for buses, ferrys and trains between where u live and Macquarie (be sure to get the right colour)

What buses? 292. 296, 290, 288, 295, (correct me if i am wrong) from Epping station. 288 and 290 are Epping - City. Just follow all the asians and students with bags at the station, u cant miss it, if u dont know what bus, just ask the driver.

If u catch a 5xx bus, ask Asylum which bus to catch from where. He will make sure u know what bus and when

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

manifestation

What?!
HSC
_Bushra_ said:
hir, I read one and it wasnt helpful at all!!! I'm so freaked out!!! Are you sure you cant come with me?
No I can't come, cause you are going sooooooooooooooooooooooooo early and my folks are tired, they sleep late, working etc. I want to go, but it's a bit difficult. And like you can't go any other time cause of enrollment and that other session thing you have to attend *sigh*

Last edited:

CieL

HSC
glitterfairy said:
I brought my dad.

He paid for my car parking fees :D
guess what? i went down to accept on thursday.. and only when i came home and read the pamphlets, did i realise i forgot to pay my parking fees when i was at Macq..

i swear i saw no-one pay.. some other woman in a red Mini jus walked out of her car and all.. and i didnt even see a pay meter anywhere?

CieL

HSC
Tabris said:
How do you get to Macquarie University?

If u catch a 5xx bus, ask Asylum which bus to catch from where. He will make sure u know what bus and when

:rolleyes:
ohhhh i know this one

the 545 from Eastwood train station gets you to macq uni

on the front it says "chatswood station (via dundas rarara)".. yeh, it goes right through Macq uni so you cant miss your stop

CieL

HSC
_Bushra_ said:
hir, I read one and it wasnt helpful at all!!! I'm so freaked out!!! Are you sure you cant come with me?
hm.. it's no biggie..

i went myself to Macq the other day.. got lost between the carpark and building C5A about 10 times (i followed someone to the library instead), walked the same corridor 3 times to find room 226 (cos it was hidden around a corner), and got lost again trying to find the inquiry office (cos the white chick gave me bad directions), could hardly understand some FOB trying to explain directions using Fobglish, realised i had to buy the handbook at the Cashier instead of the Inquiry (white chick gave me bad directions again), got lost again trying to find my car (no-one offered me a map + there were no directories like usyd), walked past the same people about 5 times at some dead end..

but in the end i got whatever i had to do done.. (i think/hope)

oh yeh, Tabris, what is this compulsary unionship fee i have to pay? when do i get something telling me to pay? and why do i have to pay it?

and.... i dont get this timetable thing at all ><"

HSC
N/A
Unionship is under "SAM fees" - that's Students at Macquarie.

Parking was free for enrollment week :)

Tabris

HSC
What problem with timetable? just PM me or contact me via msn just click on the name..

I can help out if u need a hand. I know accounting will become a problem for many of u's, HSC business sstudies doesnt even scratch the surface... same with economics throw everything out the window after 1 week, and go into hyperdrive in week 3, Accounting goes at the speed of light and difficulty becomes quite astronomical for some as well as frustration.

Last edited:

Tabris

HSC
CieL said:
hm.. it's no biggie..

i went myself to Macq the other day.. got lost between the carpark and building C5A about 10 times (i followed someone to the library instead), walked the same corridor 3 times to find room 226 (cos it was hidden around a corner), and got lost again trying to find the inquiry office (cos the white chick gave me bad directions), could hardly understand some FOB trying to explain directions using Fobglish, realised i had to buy the handbook at the Cashier instead of the Inquiry (white chick gave me bad directions again), got lost again trying to find my car (no-one offered me a map + there were no directories like usyd), walked past the same people about 5 times at some dead end..

but in the end i got whatever i had to do done.. (i think/hope)

oh yeh, Tabris, what is this compulsary unionship fee i have to pay? when do i get something telling me to pay? and why do i have to pay it?

and.... i dont get this timetable thing at all ><"
Think of it as school contributions, u will know how much to pay when they print out your invoice on enrolment day.

It is $178 (has it changed? someone fill me in here), u goto the cashier and pay, it is the student enquiry services buildingm in Lincoln Block, Lincoln block is between E7A and the library in the main square opposite the SAM building.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah its the bru-ha-ha of the VSU thats been going on for a while

Haha Tabris, helping the ladies out aye ;) Watch out ladies, Tabris is an A-Class stalker, stalks me good :(

pig_93

HSC
what are all the main dates for us to do stuff by ( for MAC, specifically ) if we got a main round offer thing?

i dont know what i have to do, and what the dates are etc...its all so confusing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)