• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who is interviewing with Australia's leading Investment Bank? (1 Viewer)

pikachufkr

HSC
N/A
I'm preparing for my first round interview with EMG. Anyone else?

pikachufkr

HSC
N/A
Jennyness said:
yep yep - got an interview with Jenny Morris for EMG as well.

Although to be honest, I don't really care about Macquarie Bank cos its shitty little bank.

I am really hoping that I get into Citigroup though - they send you to New York for analyst training. Its known throughout Wall Street that the Citigroup training program is the best on Wall Street.
Congratulations Jenny.

Do you know how many they take into EMG? And are you going to say that you want to enter sales, trading or either?

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Yea atm I'm stuck in IB interviews atm...

I actually wanted to go into trading... but I didn't know how lucrative it was. I don't think I'll ask them b/c it'll sound pretty silly. Anyone have any idea?

pikachufkr

HSC
N/A
Omnidragon said:
Yea atm I'm stuck in IB interviews atm...

I actually wanted to go into trading... but I didn't know how lucrative it was. I don't think I'll ask them b/c it'll sound pretty silly. Anyone have any idea?
Trading can be very lucrative...even more so than corporate finance. It really depends on how good you are though.

Macquarie is my first preference IB.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
O thx... what about base salary + standard bonuses for grad traders? What's that like?

I don't know if I should express my interests in this field... I've been trading (really trading) a few years and I'm guessing trading is kind of similar? I don't really wanna end up in IB... almost seems like doing corporate law to me. But at the same time, I'm getting really close so I don't want to make the wrong pick.

KennyGAB

HSC
Ex-NAB forex trader jailed

April 06, 2006

FORMER National Australia Bank foreign exchange options trader Gianni Gray has been sentenced to 16 months jail, partly suspended, for his role in the bank's unauthorised trading scandal.

Victorian County Court Justice Geoff Chettle today ordered that Gray serve eight of the 16 months in jail before being released for good behaviour.

Gray, 36, of Port Melbourne, had pleaded guilty to his role in the bank's $329 million forex losses between September 2003 and January 2004.

He was charged with three counts of dishonestly using his position as an employee to gain advantages for himself and others.

Each charge carried a maximum five year jail sentence.

Two other ex-traders, Vince Ficarra and David Bullen, have pleaded not guilty and will go to trial on April 19.

The former head of the desk, Luke Duffy, is serving a minimum 16 months in jail after pleading guilty last June to three charges of dishonestly using his position for personal gain.

Justice Chettle told Gray that he committed a calculated and sophisticated fraud.
But because he had shown genuine remorse, pleaded guilty and will give evidence in Ficarra and Bullen's trial, the judge reduced the sentence which otherwise would have been 26 months in prison and with a 15 month minimum.

Trading is nothing more than glorified gambling.

Last edited:

treason

HSC
Does anyone know the timetable for recruiting for the different banks?

Mac - Underway
Goldman - First round gone. Super weekend this weekend. Offer
JPM - First round done. Super Tuesday on the 11th Apr. Offers
CS - First round next week (10th to 14th)
DB - ????
ML - ????
Citi - ????
ABNAMRO - ????

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
I really don't know if it's glorified gambling. But I'd hate to pass judgement without knowing anything about it.

pikachufkr

HSC
N/A
Update:

Mac - First round for non-IBD roles now completed. Anyone got calls/emails yet?
Goldman - First round gone. Super weekend gone. Offers
JPM - First round done. Super Tuesday on the 11th Apr. Offers
CS - First round 10th to 14th
DB - ????
ML - ????
Citi - ????
ABNAMRO - ????

UBS - Invites for psychometric testing?? First round IBD done (?)

I got a call from an outsourced psychometric testing centre inviting me to a 3hr testing session on behalf of UBS. Has anyone else received this?

I found it a bit odd that I had been invited to the psychometric testing but have not received any communication from UBS notifying me of the psychometric testing procedure.

pikachufkr

HSC
N/A
anyone heard back from macquarie yet?

anyone have any friends that have heard back from macquarie yet?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Wow you guys take these IB rivalries/stereotypes so ... seriously? If it were me I'd just focus on getting offered a spot at one of them and then should I have been fortunate to get more than one offer, then try to decide between them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)