Who is sick of not getting enough lines to write on? (1 Viewer)

Stopsign

HSC
N/A
To be serious, I'm always running out of lines to write on especially for the 3/4/5-mark ones. I don't know why. I don't blabber on and my writing is about average-sized.

filosophy

filosophy
HSC
N/A
lol

i write reasonably small..usually go over like 5 or so lines...its weird cos i never get to finish their exam booklets..eight pages long...longest i've done is an 8 page business report so far.

weird cos my friend used 8 full booklets for his english exam...thats frickin ridiculous. He writes like 4 words a line tho. but still

punk_tartan

HSC
*cries*
i have medium wrieting
fucking bos dosnt gove enough lines

i used 14 pages in my option
the core the 6 marker i wrote tiny for the superconductor one
as did with einsten and plank

even if they left a blank page
grrrr

RingerINC

BBoy OG Loc Gangsta
HSC
Stopsign said:
To be serious, I'm always running out of lines to write on especially for the 3/4/5-mark ones. I don't know why. I don't blabber on and my writing is about average-sized.
yeah i know exactly what you mean, like my writing is pretty big and for some of the 5 markers i wrote down the entire page.

Still it's better than at school where my retarded teacher puts like massive, irrelevant pictures in the way of me utilising the rest of the page.

Yes, you know who the fuck you are Mr. i suck at setting exams.

donrob15

HSC
YES! they never give enough lines. I was writing as small as possible and went over the given amout of lines by at least one line for every question.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Yes, you know who the fuck you are Mr. i suck at setting exams.
<3 the hate. lol

mmm yeah, i seem to not get enough space. maybe they should stop using those answer booklets in phys and give us writnig booklets to do the answers? it'd be much more easier.

but then again, the amount of lines there are indicates how much u gotta write.

helper

HSC
N/A
I agree with a lot of people are saying but from a markers point of view, if you are concise and answer the question asked and leave out the extra then there is enough room.

Sadly most people add a lot of extra information that doesn't help there answer but isn't relevent.
Worst I have seen is and 8 page book for a 6 mark physics question. 12 lines were provided for that question and markers allocated about 5 minutes to mark the question.

Lions_Fist

HSC
shinji said:
<3 the hate. lol

mmm yeah, i seem to not get enough space. maybe they should stop using those answer booklets in phys and give us writnig booklets to do the answers? it'd be much more easier.

but then again, the amount of lines there are indicates how much u gotta write.
Urgh no way... I'd hate just booklets. I'd either end up rambling on and turning it into an english essay (repeating everything 100 times over). At least the lines gives you an idea. Though I do have to say I went over the amount of lines for most of the 3+ markers... The sad thing was it was all relevant!

Edge_Head

Glavenopolis
HSC
I agree with the whole not enough lines, i have average writing and i took the whole page up with all those questions, and i am sure i wasnt babbling either....
And even when we went through the trials the teachers suggested ansers could never fit in the provided space.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
man i am absolutely fucken annoyed by not getting enough lines. i asked the supervisor if i can get an extra writing booklets for the short responses, they were like, in the most fucken annoying voice ever, 'no, you just have to squeeze them in around the page'... how the fuck am i suppose to express myself without messing up my page, and the markers are whinging about untidy writing and shit all. so for all you teachers and exam writers out there, stop being so fucken stingy with the lines and give us more space... FUCK

StYlez-

HSC
yeah wtf, they give u 8 lines for a 6 mark question. wtf.

i just put arrows directing my intentions with scribbled words all over the page

dunno04

HSC
YES!!!
I HATE IT.

I reckon they should give us BOOKLETS for us to write on.
=.="

needmoreninjas

HSC
yea...WTF is with those VERY LIMITED lines? i tried to cram stuff into a line...ended up goin off the side a bit! i felt like a kid who cant colour in between the goddam lines!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i used to write from one edge of the page to the other, the lines are too short

dunno04

HSC
iambored said:
i used to write from one edge of the page to the other, the lines are too short
Lol....
I write until the printed "END of QUESTION 24"

OR

I write until i almost have no space between two question.

Dam...just give us a booklet...
OMG
=.="

WangzoR

HSC
N/A
who is sick of not getting as much calculation questions to write on. i found there was sufficient lines to get my point across, but whats with the exams getting less and less equationy.. damn theory

Esqarial

HSC
I think with regards to lines its a mentality issue. Say, perchance, there's a 4 mark question on BCS theory with 14 lines to write in, as opposed to the 7 or so there are in the exam. How much more then will a person who hasn't studied BCS theory be thrown by the appearance of the question? I know in some cases the lack of space can be annoying, but often with the 4-5 mark questions they give us the rest of the page (unlined) to write in if we so needed.

It's not an issue of being succinct - I say its a mentality thing all in all.

And as for the theory/equations debate - we're given a formula sheet, so almost anyone can plug the right values in and get the required answer. However, you're less likely to mis-read an entire theory question than you are to put the wrong number in on a calculator. It's more of a test of the student's effort to have learnt the theory than it is to test them with 50% formulae.

In the case of Projectile Motion or similar though it's more than simple substitution..

dunno04

HSC
Esqarial said:
I think with regards to lines its a mentality issue. Say, perchance, there's a 4 mark question on BCS theory with 14 lines to write in, as opposed to the 7 or so there are in the exam. How much more then will a person who hasn't studied BCS theory be thrown by the appearance of the question? I know in some cases the lack of space can be annoying, but often with the 4-5 mark questions they give us the rest of the page (unlined) to write in if we so needed.

It's not an issue of being succinct - I say its a mentality thing all in all.

And as for the theory/equations debate - we're given a formula sheet, so almost anyone can plug the right values in and get the required answer. However, you're less likely to mis-read an entire theory question than you are to put the wrong number in on a calculator. It's more of a test of the student's effort to have learnt the theory than it is to test them with 50% formulae.

In the case of Projectile Motion or similar though it's more than simple substitution..
well...
mayb.

But sometimes we just want to write more..so that we can cover all the point that is needed for the question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)