who lives on campus? (1 Viewer)

Kegs

HSC
I agree, live somewhere else. They are not cheap and the service is only getting shitter. You would be better off to find some friends or just move in with randoms somewhere nearby. There are always heaps of peeps looking for roommates.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Kegs said:
I agree, live somewhere else. They are not cheap and the service is only getting shitter. You would be better off to find some friends or just move in with randoms somewhere nearby. There are always heaps of peeps looking for roommates.
Ditto. Girlfriend (Maryjane) and I have recently moved into a flat nearby. Do beware of internet connections, though: we can only get dialup, or rip-off cable. (Optus can do this over the phone, I assume Telstra can too... don't bother with online tools unless you know the current phone number connected to the place, or want cable.)

nikmueller

HSC
at the colleges it is about $40 p/night for 3 meals and a bedroom. On top of that you get a community of students who generally like partying.

also, we had a dinner a couple of weeks ago for anyone from the college who was interested. Special guests were Dee the CEO from U@MQ and Professor Schwatz our VC. About twenty people came. Not an experience you get when you rent.

from next jan i am going to rent somewhere in eastwood/nearer uni. right now i'm in germany, but next week i'll be back in dunmore lang.

leeha

HSC
yeah i know its abit more expensive but i like the community factor and such. but i wanna go exchange 2nd semester so it prob would be financially better if i stayed at home... but im so sick of driving to uni!!!!

haha alot of the rooms for rent posters around the campus arnt in english as well so that somewhat confuses me

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
...and so the little hobbit ventures out of the Shire, across the bridge, and into the big, bad, scary world that awaits.

You should be careful, the Shire knows what you're thinking... it can hear your thoughts... it knows everything... it will do all it can to stop you. *Paranoidly looks around.*
Good luck with your escape plan, little Shire hobbit.

Luke.

leeha

HSC
haha i'm not that bad. thus not choosing to go to wollongong. i hate king georges road and the roads that follow on with a passion tho

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
Haha, everyone from the Shire seems to go to UoW.

I love the cruise out to Macquarie, but then again I am a car/driving enthusiast.

Maybe you should go across the Woronora Bridge to Bankstown, then to Centenary Drive. You avoid King Georges Rd that way, but it might take a bit longer.

I do admit the drive out there sucks when there's traffic, that's why I always try to schedule my timetable so I'm not driving in peak-hour.

Tonight I was cruising back at about 8PM, not much traffic, but everyone seemed to be doing like 10 km below the speed limit. I don't mind people going a little slower, but it just pisses me off when they sit in the fast lane and refuse to move over, forcing me to undertake them.

Then there's those drivers that like to speed up then slow down again, speed up and slow down again. Grrr!!! So many bad drivers! And there's too many traffic lights and not enough parking. Grrrrrr!!!! *Road rage.*

Luke.

Last edited:

leeha

HSC
amen to the road rage. yeah i was thinking of going that way spesh since my mate goes to cumberland campus of syd uni so i could drop her on the way. i just havent met any shire folk or southern syd folk for that matter in my courses. man id love to get a car pool happening haha

CieL

HSC
My friend did live on campus until they jacked the prices up.

Now she just lives near Eastwood station with her friend.

It's not bad.. trains are close.. and buses outside too

HSC
N/A
Jesus fucking christ x 2. That drop-down alien ad game thingo is doing nothing for my sanity.

Anyway...

If I were in a better situation financially, I'd consider moving closer to uni as well. I've just come home from spending the week house-sitting for my dance teacher who lives in Turramurra (maybe ten minutes from uni) and the massively improved proximity to uni/work/dance has just done wonders for my fuel tank and sleep. I don't think I'd go to one of the on-campus places if I moved though... I'm not a big party person and I'm absolutely neurotic/possessive/MINEMINEMINE when it comes to personal space and storage/working space for all my dance stuff. But the international students I've talked to love it - it gives them an opportunity to meet people, which is a big part of the reason they came (at least, if they're non-asian).

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
Yeah, I'd be up for the Shire-2-Macq car pool idea, but this semester I'm only on campus one day per week, and the semester is almost over anyway.

I was finally forced to get my full license today, after delaying it as much as possible, but I'm looking forward to a few beers at the Sambar tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)