who missed out? (1 Viewer)

suz

HSC
Unfortunately heaps of my friends didn't get in either, it's hard cause they are full depressed and I don't know what to say.....

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
But surely it doesn't come as a shock to ppl who didn't get in. Either you got a uai that gets you in or doesn't....there isn't THAT much guess work. I mean sure, they're allowed to be disappointed, but its not like Monday would've been a huge shock....

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
True, but it depends - for ppl who tried really hard, got a decent UAI, yet still missed out... that would be pretty disappointing.
And especially if ppl had big future plans that depended on getting into Uni first.

i'm not surprised that i didn't get any offers from UAC for my chosen courses, my uai was only 71.35, and i could've def. put in more consistent effort @ school...

mehh... but then, i guess it doesn't really matter in the end :cool:

suz

HSC
I understand what you are saying Ms 12 as this was the case for the majority of my friends, but one girl in particular was planning on doing arts at UWS which was 66 and is now 74, so in that case she and we were quite shocked......
Monday wasn't a big shock for most but the fact that cut offs increased by a bit, esp. UWS came as a surprise....
Thankfully in our case Wollongong didn't go up lol

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah I agree with Arts at UWS, that WOULD have been a shock. Hehe yeah I had a few points up my sleeve for Wollongong, but Im glad it stayed...huge shock though, I was expecting a rise of at least 1.5-2, if not 3!

suz

HSC
Make that two of us, I was ready to pack my bags and move to Armidale lol, much to my parents displeasure. I am more than glad it stayed, considering I was told it would rise to 93. It was a nice surprise reading my name in the paper lol

spunkycheezle

hehehe... i feel so relieved now... i only got 52.55 UAI (i guess not completing the other half of exams kinnda crews u up, but so does anxiety) but still managed to get into uni on interview/portfolio! :)

suz

HSC
Congrats spunkycheezle, that's fantastic. What course are you doing?????

spunkycheezle

electronic arts at uws... i know its uws, but im hoping to make the move to usyd to the fine arts course there... u see i had no idea that they(usdy) even had that course unitll it was too late to apply...

toisthbe

Evil Member
lol, being asian i was brought up believin uni as a normal path u take thru life after highschool, and many of my friends hav this view too..

and sudenly it likes, bcos they chose crappy ass low scaling subjects.. they fully got scaled down bcos they didnt do REALLY well..

im pissed at the system.

suz

HSC
To spunkycheezle, at least it's a uni lol, good luck anyways

To toisthbe, yeah I was brought up like that
as were my friends that uni was the "normal path", well a lot of their parents have now learned lol
I too believe the system is not fair regarding low scaling sub'd such as DT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)