who on does both ext history and economic on boser, please read (1 Viewer)

kevinle

V13+ 801
HSC
who on boser does both ext history and economic, please read

have guy/girls who do both ext history and economic check the HSC exam timetable. on the time table we have both ext history and economic on the same day with like 30 min between them. the problem isn't that it not on the same day but that both these subject r heavily essay depent. do guy really believe that we can write something like 50+ pages in such a short time.we must write at least 30 pages 4 the 3 ext history essay and another 20 pages at least 4 the 2 economic essay 4 tem 2 be decent essay. i believe that is unfair 4 us r doing both these subject. i believe that your hand woud hurt 2 much write that many pages in such a short time. id on't mind doing 2 exam in the same day but not 2 exam that is heavily exam base.

ps that done ancient history and a economic on the same day in my yr 11 yearly. on that i wrote something like 60 pages. my hand was saw 4 a week.
beleive me from experience it kiils!!!

in saying this i hope that all the you guys and girls out there who r doing both ext history and economic wirte a letter 2 the board of studies NSW and tell them in unfair and hope that they can change exam time so that extention history and economic aren't on the same day

i have consulted a barrister namingly my brother in law and he say that, if united and all say that we believe it unfair there will be hope that the board of studies can change it. so guy and girls out there please right that letter or email and stand for ur right.

Last edited:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
It's very unfortunate for students to have more than one exam in a day, and I feel for you. Having said that, there really aren't that many students doing both. According to last year's candidture, only about 2300 did history extension, which is a fairly small proportion of the 60000 or so students that take the HSC each year.
Don't forget that there are hundreds of others that are scheduled to have multiple exams, so it isn't all one way traffic for those doing a certain combination of subjects.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Before you get flamed like hell AND want people to take you seriously, i suggest you actually write a coherent post and learn to spell the name of your SUBJECTS - economic?

NOTE: History Extension comprises of two essays.

Last edited:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I think there have been worse cases, where 2 3 hour exams wer set close to each other back in 04. I did eco & ext hist in 04 but I guess im a minority and personally, I don't think it's extreme to have those exams close to each other. I would've been annoyed at my bad luck if they were it's not too extreme, really.

If you wanna protest, go for it, though.

A l

HSC
N/A
In seconding to what hopeles5ly said, the Economics examination goes from 9:25am - 12:30pm, while the History Extension examination goes from 1:55pm - 4:00pm. First of all one is a two hour exam and another is a three hour exam. Secondly, the time between the two examinations is a maximum of 1 hour and 25 minutes, so you get at least an hour (not 30 minutes) to have lunch and relax your hand, which is enough for recovery unless you've scribbled furiously to the point of permanent damage in the Economics exam.
Also, you've said that there are three History Extension essays (30 pages worth) to be written in two hours. I think you are not familiar with the course or exam that you are doing because there are actually only TWO extended responses in the History Extension exam worth 25 marks each.
Furthermore, to you these examinations may require intensive writing, but to others it may not. What you should be doing is practicing a lot for the exams and attempt to fit your ideas in as few (but succinct) words as possible.
While I do agree that both exams require a fair amount of writing, I highly doubt you'll be successful in changing the timetable because it is already set in concrete. The Board of Studies would be likely to reason that you can have 90 minutes of no writing between those exams which is plenty of time for recovery. Also, I doubt many people are in the same position as you and there is no way the Board of Studies is going to shift the timetable in favour of a minute number of students.

Last edited:

dandel26

HSC
HAHAHAHA my mate does both, luckly i dropped eco, i hated that shit

kevinle

V13+ 801
HSC
the problem ain't that it the exam r on the same day but their seriously these 2 exam r two heavily essay base.
also i thought we have write 3 essay because that the number i had 2 write in my half yearly ext history exam

i don't mind doing a numerical and a essay base exam on the same day but just not 2 heavily essay base exam

Last edited:

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I had music 2 and english on the same day. (If my memory is serving me well. I definatley did in my trials)

Music had essays to do too, but not as much. I actually find it far more difficult to what felt like 'switching sides of the brain' than to continually write essays. With the music theory side, I was struggling, but once I got to the music essay, I went back to english mode.

Get me?

If your complaint was accepted, so should other excuses such as the one I wanted to push for. Besides, you're well aware they're essay based exams. So do people who do 4u english and 4u history. The HSC doesnt cater to people. If it catered to you, and the subjects were moved around, someone else somewhere would probably get your situation.

Either way, you're going to have to stick with it.

Last edited:

taki999

HSC
^ brogan dude stop trolling :p....dont you see he's already got enough stress with the timetable...!1 One!1

Back on topic...yes i'm in the same boat as you kelvinle

P

pLuvia

Re: who on boser does both ext history and economic, please read

They won't change the timetable because students don't like it. It's the same situation with PDHPE and Maths 2u/4u both are on the same day

lala2

Banned
HSC
Re: who on boser does both ext history and economic, please read

It is unfortunate that you are in this situation, and I do agree having 2 essay-based exams in one day is a lot to handle, but I highly doubt that the timetable would shift around for a small population that was unlucky enough to do both History Ext and Economics. As Without_Wings said, you'd be best to try and make it succinct, and prepare for the day. You may also want to develop a physical style of writing that will result in less physical soreness, e.g. holding the pen really lightly but not so lightly that you can't actually see what you're writing.

X

xeuyrawp

1. Something to a similar effect has happened every year, it happened to me,
2. the reasoning for having the exams so close is that the process can be gotten over with quickly. Rather than dragging out the exam dates and allowing people to only study for x subject, the BoS believes that going quickly tests what students have learnt throughout the year. Essentially, it's an attempt to stop cramming and ensure students have learnt what they need to througout the year,
3. in that spirit, the BoS believes in getting the marking process over and done with as soon as possible. Remember that NSW is has the biggest population out of all the States/Territories and the BoS has to deal with this in the best way possible. Logistically, it's a nightmare. How would you suggest that exams are then ordered, if they are to be spread out? Again, it's a nightmare,
4. spreading the exams over a longer period could be said to increase pressure on students rather than the 'band-aid effect' of the few HSC examination weeks. Sure, the weeks do loom, but some people believe that the combined pressure of all the exams is less than all of them in separation.
5. you complaining will achieve nothing,
6. stop complaining, there are people in worse situations.

i have consulted a barrister namingly my brother in law
How about you take it on the chin, rather than bitching and threatening to take it through the courts? Do you not notice the scum out on the streets, simply because our court system is backed up?

There is no legal ground in this. If you don't like it, don't sit the exam.

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC
Also, not all of economics is written. If you're worried that your hand won't recover before history extension, you might want to do the eco essays first, and then finish with short answer and multiple choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)