Who pays board to live at home? (2 Viewers)

beergirl

polka dots are cool
HSC
I've always wondered because my boyfriend pays board and thinks his parents are ripping him off...

Does anyone pay board to live at home? If you do how much do you have to pay? And what reasons did your parents give you for paying board?

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
my parents are trying to make me pay board. cept i don't have a job so i can't pay them, but as soon as i get a job they'll make me.

their reasons are that i can move out and not bludge from them, so if i want to stay here, then i've got to either do everything round the house or pay for them to do it.

jellybeenz

HSC
tomorrows_angel said:
my parents are trying to make me pay board. cept i don't have a job so i can't pay them, but as soon as i get a job they'll make me.

their reasons are that i can move out and not bludge from them, so if i want to stay here, then i've got to either do everything round the house or pay for them to do it.
Yeah mine are the same as that.

Fuck I need a job, I don't care if I pay board, I just hate them guilting me whenever I ask for money.

sally_33

HSC
beergirl said:
I've always wondered because my boyfriend pays board and thinks his parents are ripping him off...

Does anyone pay board to live at home? If you do how much do you have to pay? And what reasons did your parents give you for paying board?
my parents rule is if your not completing some form of education you have to pay. my brother is 20 and working full time, and he pays $50 a week for everything which i think is very very reasonable

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
sally_33 said:
my parents rule is if your not completing some form of education you have to pay. my brother is 20 and working full time, and he pays $50 a week for everything which i think is very very reasonable
yeah... but i'm at uni, i spend 4 hours travelling there and back each day, i'm paying for my course, and i do stuff around the house already!

they think that when i get a job i should be paying 30% of what i earn to them...

and i don't aske them for money because i've worked since year 9 and have money saved up.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i think its reasonable, if you're old enough and u have a job. if im still living at home when i finish uni my parents are gonna make me pay board, and i would feel bad if i didnt.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
sally_33 said:
That's the same with me. When I finish uni and get a job I have to start paying. I have a job now and am getting about $300 week, plus my parents are paying for uni but I still don't need to pay board until I'm not in uni anymore.

My sister thinks she might quit school in year 10, which means she would be paying board then or be kicked out.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I don't. Namely because I don't have a job. lol.

If I choose to live at home when I finish uni and have a full time job, then I'll be expected to pay. My brothers paid $20/week each, I argue thats a fair rate, despite the fact my eldest brother left home 10 years ago and the others were around the same time.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I just think its wrong for parents to make their own children pay board. How cold and heartless. They are your freaking CHILDREN for fucks sake! I mean i know alot of people who pay board just cause they want to but its different if your parents force you to.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
Sweets said:
I just think its wrong for parents to make their own children pay board. How cold and heartless. They are your freaking CHILDREN for fucks sake! I mean i know alot of people who pay board just cause they want to but its different if your parents force you to.
some parents don't see it that way. mine see it as i'm 18, i can move out any time i want, and if i move out i'll have to pay. So why should i freeload off them when they've supported me for the last 18 years.

then again my parents don't like me much and are continually trying to kick me out...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Sweets said:
So you think its fair that you have a full time job, and yet your parents are still buying all your food, paying all your utilities, buying washing powder, shampoo, toilet paper, everything? If you want to live at home, then you should contribute to some extent, otherwise move out and pay like 5 times as much.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
So you think its fair that you have a full time job, and yet your parents are still buying all your food, paying all your utilities, buying washing powder, shampoo, toilet paper, everything? If you want to live at home, then you should contribute to some extent, otherwise move out and pay like 5 times as much.
I don't think its fair to a certain extent and I wouldn't do it myself but I just think its a tad mean for parents to FORCE their kids to pay board because they want them to leave home.

tempco

HSC
and they're your parents ffs. if you can pay (i.e. have a job of any kind), and you don't, aren't you basically shoving all the effort/money/love that they've given you right in their faces, and saying 'mum, dad, suck it!'?

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
jellybeenz said:
I just hate them guilting me whenever I ask for money.
OH GOD YES
I'd have to move out for uni anyway, it's not like I have a choice. Well I have a choice but the uni here is not the sort of thing that's going to help me get into my desired field so I'm moving out no matter what. But if I did stay at home I don't think they'd make me pay because they're asian and asian parents are against this kind of thing.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
It's fair enough to pay board if you're living at home and have a full time job. But it's not fair to make a comparison between that and moving out, it's not as simple as "if you don't like it you can just move out". Sydney is fucking expensive.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
yeah i always feel bad for people who have to pay to live at home, it seems wrong...but you have to start learning sooner or later i guess

thank god i dont have to, although i should

i need to be forced till i learn something :(

OS

Banned
HSC
beergirl said:

I'll probably start paying up when I'm working full-time. I work now but only part-time.

7th Sign

HSC
my parents go you dont have to pay any board if your at uni or tafe or at school

the only time you will have to pay board is if you get a full time job and your still living at home....

i think this is pretty cool...

but my parents hit me up for alot of shit...

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Yah, my parents are making me pay board since I'm working full-time. $220 a month which is alright I 'spose. We're currently disputing what the money covers- I say it should cover deodorant, they say it shouldn't.

I say quinces come under 'food', they won't buy me any. So at the moment I have no deodorant and no quinces. Granted quinces aren't essential, but deodorant bloody well is. :chainsaw:

I wanna get my whole $220 worth.

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
my parents don't make me pay board

but if i was working full time and living at home, they probably would make me pay...
and i would feel bad if i didn't, since it is a tad cheaper then renting somewhere and paying all the bills etc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)