who ran out of time?! (1 Viewer)

reeny39

yer i started off with section 3 coz i didnt wana 4get all my info n in the trials i only had 10mins 2 write it then i wrote half a story 4 section 2 then went 2 section1 n came back 2 section 2 n had to write the rest in like 5mins n the ending is soso crap n i dnt think it makes sense ohwell im more worried about paper 2 arhhh

kylie.layzell

HSC
i did it in order 1>3. Wrote way more than expected in Q1 and took full forty mins (something i thought id never do). Q2 wrote a far bit but may have been wrong. i chose detour but it was more like an entirely diff destination DO U THINK THAT MATTERS? Q3 was ok didnt finish though got down to dot points in last two mins

TomD_425

The Don
HSC
yer i ran outta time as well i was just finishing my creative writing piece an i had 3 words left ta go an she goes "Pens down" im like fuck.......but i ended in suspense with a but...... so i might get points for that lol

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
:( im always rushed for time...i only just scraped my narrative to a shoddy conclusion

shnur

HSC
I spent way too long on the second question, the creative writing task. As a result, i only got down about a page and a bit for the third question.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
rnitya_25 said:
speak for yourself matey
what971 said:
How many pages did you write? (Not that it translates into marks or anything) I just want to know.
i wrote 6 for first sect, 7 first seconds section, and 10 for 3rd section

niteshade1312

HSC
I did my prepared creative story first which took me 20 minutes, then I had and hour for my essay and then 40 minutes for section 1. I'm so glad I learnt both my essay and creative task off by heart!

bless_ed

Talk About Not Enuff Tyme

I Put This Msg Up 2 Warn Other Students To Not Do Wat I Had Done In The 1st Exam Paper That I Serz Regret!!!!!!
Ok, I Basically Had Draw Up Plans For Section 3,and 2 Before I Attempted Any Of The Questions....wrote My Story Really Long(section 2) (which I Regret),followed By Section 1=which I Gta Say Took A Bit Of Tyme 2 Answer,then Started On Section 3 Which Was Worth 40 Marks...i Regret Not Doing The Paper In Intended Order...and 2 My Dissapointment As Attempting Section Three Only To Look Up 2 Find 5 Minutes Left,stupid Yes I Kno...very Dissapointed 2,though I Did Leave A Constructive Plan That Hopefully They Will Take Into Consideration!!!!,besides That I Advise All Of The Other Smart Students...to Not Ellaborate Too Much Like I Had Mistakebly Done On The English A.o.s Paper...just Get To The Point And Write Wat U Kno...is The Best Answer Dont Brag Like Me...but I Gta Admit That 2 Hours Was Not Enuff Tyme,i Mean Cum On...serz I Feel Robbed :( I Guess I Gta Make Up 4 It On The 2nd Paper....hollah Back If U Agree That 2hrs Was'nt Enuff 2 Complete The Eng Paper 1 !...so I Kno Im Not Just Crazy

Gummy_bear

HSC
Well, at least each section is worth the same amount of marks, so youll be getting marks for the other 2 sections.
When i do any paper, i make sure to devided each section as recommended on the front of the paper and i watcht he clock to make sure i dont waste too much time on one section. it doesnt really matter what section you do first, as long as you dont take away from any other section.
personally, i choose which section to do first based on which i feel will be easiest for me, then do the other sections after.

It is really hard to read what you wrote then, can you please rewrite it so it's not "chat speak" and please don't put a capital for every word, it's just so hard to read, sorry

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I agree that 2 hours isn't enough for insightful or meaningful responses, especailly for section 3. However, knowing that I would only have 2 hours I planned for that and cut down my pre-planned responses. Put it behind you mate, and concentrate on paper 2. You may be able to make up a lot of marks and still do well-ish by the end of it. Try not to get down on yourself, it is only one exam. Good luck.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
what971 said:
How many pages did you write? (Not that it translates into marks or anything) I just want to know.
rnitya_25 said:
i wrote 6 for first sect, 7 first seconds section, and 10 for 3rd section
Ha! I wrote two more pages than you!! I win! :rolleyes:

lozjnr

Totally screwed up

I did 12 pages on the creative writing and got carried away.. had half an hour left for section 1 and 3 ... so i skimmed quickly through the first part did a,b, d and e now c or f (lost 6 marks) .. and i did a three page essay and couldve gone into it so much more detail... Time is humans enemy!! so ive totally eliminated my chances of getting a Band 6 ... damn... ahwell Stuff Happens.
Toodles

monchhichi

HSC
I prob only finished 2 minutes before the thing ended..it took me almost an hr to do my essay..wrote around 14 pages

The Savage God

HSC
I've always been a quality over quantity writer. Give me a weekend and I'll come back with some absolute kickassery, but in an exam with only 40 minutes to write an essay, I'll get one or two pages. Thats it.

I suppose what we should all be happy about is that each section is only worth 15 marks.

freaked

HSC
I didn't finish section one (I had no idea what to write for that art review thing) and when I was completing section two someone try to leave and they were told to sit down we only had 5 minutes left so I quickly wrote something for section three.

I screwed up pretty badly

phatphil71

Dam That Time Limit

I was studying michael gows AWAY, i ranout of time and i had 2 pages to write. Anyway i reckon the stuff we learn in english is absolutely pointless, i will never be able to read a book or watch a film without analysing it again. I HATE THE BOARD OF STUDIES

Nadia-Jane

HSC
alissa_xoxo said:
Haha, spent the last 5 minutes frantically scribbling my student number on every page. Then i tried to add crap to the 5 mark question in section 1.
do you mean you spent 5 minutes of your exam time doing that? no no just wait until the exam is over, those supervisors can wait!

After the exam time is up and pens are down, they can not actually collect the booklets until you have completed your student number on each page and filled out the blue sheet, etc. So you really shouldn't waste any of your valuable exam time on doing that. I think i am the most annoying student the supervisors have, always hold up everyone from getting out or i am the last one out because i dont touch the name or number section at all until i have totally finished writing.

Nadia-Jane

HSC
phatphil71 said:
I was studying michael gows AWAY, i ranout of time and i had 2 pages to write. Anyway i reckon the stuff we learn in english is absolutely pointless, i will never be able to read a book or watch a film without analysing it again. I HATE THE BOARD OF STUDIES

haha so true. i was watching the movie 'now and then' the other day and found myself thinking 'the montage of the leaves falling are symbolic for autumn/maturity and suggest that growth and change has occured, further reinforcing the notion that individuals come to the conclusion that bla bla bla'. you get the point. i hate english its so shit i wish it was back like in the days where u just learnt how to write newspaper articles and essays and comprehension and spelling. At least that type of shit was useful somehow.

And plus, im sure that when stoppard was writing his play rosencrantz and guildenstern he didnt actually include the 'cutting of toe nails' part to 'imply that their lives are meaningless as they do not go through the deep philosophical reasoning like hamlet did'. He probably just wanted to take up some time and it was either cutting his toe nails or picking his bum!

i have come to the conclusion that english teachers have way too much time on their hands and find some themes and secret hidden meaning to everything. me on the other hand have barely any time on my hands and should be studying for my english exam that is on in a matter of hours...but i would rather sit on the computer and waste my time bitching about teachers and school work.

i also agree that i dont think we have enough time in tests, but i guess that wont change. especially for the first area of study exam. However i think that there is seriously an issue with the amount of time we have allocated in our second modules english exam.

You see there are 3 sections of it, usually 3 extended responses or extended something which they recomend u spend 40 minutes on. But after you have finished one thing and taken say 40 - 45 minutes on it then you go and read the other question, sit there for a bit thinking of how to start it or how to approach it, really you are down to about 30 - 35 minutes, and then after you have finished that in 40 minutes then for the next section you could be down to about 25 - 30 minutes.. which i hate. they should allow about 5 or 10 minutes excess so that we can properly complete 40 minutes for each and have about a minute in between to read the question and rubric, plan ideas and what not. well thats just my opinion. In the first exam i ran out of time of coarse because i spent way too long on my essay, and started the first section last, and due to the fact i found the first section surprisingly difficult (well it had to be read into alot more than past exams section 1) i didnt get around to completing (e).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)