• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Who should lead the opposition into the Federal election next year? (1 Viewer)

What team should lead the opposition into the federal election next year?

• Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard

Votes: 35 85.4%
  • Kim Beazley and Jenny Macklin

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Other team

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Voted for Kevin Rudd. I met him on a few occasion and he seem to know what his saying and doing. I think he'll present a better image for Labor than Kim Beazley. He also seem to be a very articulate speaker (he speaks chinese as well), and i remeber a few times where he owned Joe Hockey on Sunrise.

Anthonygeorgiou

HSC
LOL have to agree with u on that. I don't see much hope for the Labor Party. It's just not doing enough. The only votes theyll pick up strongly next year, is not from their 'great' policies, but Howard's sometime shonky policies (I.R., environment for example), those who hate Howard, and the Greenies strong support for Labor.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
screw that, stop voting like labor is going to win the next election. johnny howard is a smart politician, i dont necessarily agree with his policies (esp the war on iraq), but he knows how to keep himself in power, and more importantly, maintain that position for the past 12 years. beazley and labor wont have a chance this time around, their best bet would be when australia goes into recession or a downswing in the next time, and then they can blame the liberals for it. but yea, tell me if you disagree.

BlackDragon

HSC
yes i do agree. sound economic management is the centerpiece of the liberal's array of policies. if australia went into an economic recession then they would probably lose government.

Anthonygeorgiou

HSC
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. And yes, couldn't agree more, a severe economic downturn on WorkChoices......Gosh. Mass sakcings as businesses struggle. Howard n Costello must love this leadership battle n a buoyant economy.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Beazley by a very narrow margin with Rudd paying him out for the next 12 months, so as to create instability and ensure Labor lose the next election.

lengy

HSC
I'd definately vote, as opposed to not voting at all, if Kevin Rudd is in the running.

HSC
lol current vote on this poll is:

Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard 28 90.32%
Kim Beazley and Jenny Macklin 3 9.68%

so, if Beazley still wins the poll tomorrow, this will stand as testament to just how out of touch the ALP is with wide spread feelings.

BlackDragon

HSC
i voted for kim beazely. only because i don't think either combination can win. my bet is that in a couple of months time the popularity of rudd will do exactly what kim's has done in recents months. its the party not the people which is the prob.

maybe they should just stick with the same leader for once and create a good party with great policies?

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
apparently, from reading a paper, beazley has never won a leadership ballot :p (From saturday herald. cbb re-reading) but yeah..i think rudd would win, except beazley will 'stand down' until the next elections. and then if they lose, beazley to come back. AGAIN. -___- him and his. 30 years of experience. pfft.

more like. 30 years and nothing done. GG.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Rudd. I'm sick of Beazley, and after so many gaffes (Karl Rove LOL), he should go.

K

katie_tully

I hear Michael Jackson's monkey Bubbles is looking for a job.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
This thread should be renamed "who do you want to lose Labor the election next year"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)