who takes supplements? (1 Viewer)

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
I was just wondering how many people actually take vitamins on a regular basis.

If you do take any, how many different kinds do you take and why?

intangible

HSC
I take multi vitamin(general wellbeing)
Get my good oils everyday from good food and fish oil tablet and flax seed oil.
Take whey protein after my workout. Bought a tub of creatine ethyl ester which i wil use starting this week, hopefuly some good pumps. Yea so basicaly because im a health freak and like working out and fitness. hence wanting to go into a health related course in uni like Bsc in nutrition.

W

whsmith

kazan said:
i take some vitamin pill, and i have 30g of cretien and 70 of protien a day
Is that 30g of pure creatine? or is that including the 'filler' in the powder?

Hell man... I'd hate to see your kidneys.

30g is a very high dose - Even for the 'loading' phase. Simply - wow.

-----------

As for myself, I take a vitamin tablet morning and night, and 6g [6 tablets] of fish oil spread over the day. Thats basically just to protect the 'bottom line'. Don't take protien suppliments, i'm lucky in this regard, i have access to plenty of good food.

Pace_T

HSC
its probly one of those creatine tubs that have 30g servings and if u look at the nutritional table thingy it says in the serve there's 5g creatine.

i take 5g creatine and 30g of protein a day. i dont need any of the fish oil or other stuff like that, i dont need it.
i never did the loading stage for creatine, its just a waste i think

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
im a bit of supplement whore.

i take iron tablets because i have low iron, calcium because im lactose intolerant (even though im outgrowing it and have dairy a lot), flaxeed oil tablets, echinacea and multivitamins which my doctor reccomended as i had glandular fever and ive got primrose oil as well

W

whsmith

Pace_T said:
its probly one of those creatine tubs that have 30g servings and if u look at the nutritional table thingy it says in the serve there's 5g creatine.
yeah, I hope so. That is what i have been assuming.

intangible

HSC
Pace_T said:

i take 5g creatine and 30g of protein a day. i dont need any of the fish oil or other stuff like that, i dont need it.
i never did the loading stage for creatine, its just a waste i think
Why only take 30g of protein? You will hardly gain any muscle from that. 30 grams ? Thats way too high. Also creatine doesnt need a loading phase.

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
i think he means 30 grams of whey protein powder.

HSC
I take some chromium (sp?) and zinc tablets to help regulate my sugar levels (not really diabetic but my sugar levels move around alot)

arrested development
HSC
I'm supposed to take potassium tablets twice a day.....but I haven't been taking them for the past year. Whoops. I think that's a bit bad for my heart.

I sometimes take cod liver oil tablets and women's multivitamins when my mum forces me too. Boo!

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
i do. and lots

i take vitamin c (think everyone does) and multivitamins plus enchincea (sp?) plus i sometimes take herbal pills for stress, sleep and women's stuff.

i take them cos... i can. plus my diet is always all over the place so i'd prefer to know i had the right vitamins just in case:)

PLURFECT!

HSC
Normally i would never bother with remedies, except i have to now depending on how my blood tests come back every few months.

I often take a round of Echinacea, especially if i've just been sick - I'm prone to immune defficiency, occasionally iron, if my blood tests are showing it's low, bio magnesium, for cramping and spasms. I really, really, really hate Echinacea! It takes like sh*t! :D

arrested development
HSC
Oh yeah, I'm supposed to take Calcium supplements too because, like, I am in the early stages of developing osteoporosis. But I really can't be fucked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)