Who The .... Does This Subject (1 Viewer)

tennille

HSC
I enjoyed it...mainly because I really liked my class and teacher...we had no guys in our class...lol. The course wasn't too difficult either.

HSC
Yea Ft K Not Tht Hard With The Assigments But I Would Advise Not To Do Hospitality Its So Boring Not Challenging For Me But If U Like The Idea Of The Hospitality Industry As Being A Chef N All Thn U Shld Do It

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
I think ppl who want to be chefs and cooks would do this subject, also those that want to work in the food industry

tennille

HSC
Korn said:
I think ppl who want to be chefs and cooks would do this subject, also those that want to work in the food industry
Nah, if you want to be a chef, you'd do hospitality as the majority of the course is pracs. At our school, they brought in a professional chef for those doing hospitality. Food technology doesn't have that many pracs...and the course barely relates to food itself, rather the food industry (which you mentioned) and preservation.

HSC
Tennille said:
Food technology doesn't have that many pracs...and the course barely relates to food itself, rather the food industry (which you mentioned) and preservation.
really? we had pracs every double lesson. i think food tech has the potential to be really interesting, but my teacher/class was so boring that it made me want to jump out the window.

PoP 'n' Fresh

Poke me! I giggle!
HSC
heh im new to this section...

Its a fairly easy to learn/understand subject. logical.
but we do like no pracs ever... gets boring writing stuff for 2.5 hours on a tues afternoon (damned cross campus classes).

and heres a first: theres more guys than girls in my class o_O

dreamin52

HSC
hey guys i am also new to this bored of studies website i think it's quite great, i do ft as well however i do it by correspondence which can get hard so times, at the moment i have to do this debate, it's quite hard!!
just wondering if you guys want to chat about the subject some time?

tennille

HSC
dreamin52 said:
hey guys i am also new to this bored of studies website i think it's quite great, i do ft as well however i do it by correspondence which can get hard so times, at the moment i have to do this debate, it's quite hard!!
That sounds really difficult (doing it by correspondence).

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
dreamin52 said:
Yeah ill chat with ya.

Has anyone had their midcourse for it yet? Ours was 2 hours long, 85 marks and only worth 5%. I think it was the 2003/2004 HSC paper, which i had done online the day before, couldnt remember a thing!!

PoP 'n' Fresh

Poke me! I giggle!
HSC
ours is planned to be 1hr 40mins... not the whole hsc paper...
the HSC for ft is 3 hours isnt it??
2hours seems... o_O

Well at least our teacher asked us how much we wanted the half yearly to be worth =D

IceBreaker

HSC
By the way is anyone interested in doing food tech at uni? man i didnt know you can do hsc through correspondence!!

PoP 'n' Fresh

Poke me! I giggle!
HSC
wow you really didnt know that?

its like home schooling... you do all the work, and come to a public examination centre and walla! you either fail terribly, or whoop serious ass!

I had a look at food tech at uni.. doesnt really seem too interesting ay? i dunno..
plenty of time to decide

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
PoP 'n' Fresh said:
ours is planned to be 1hr 40mins... not the whole hsc paper...
the HSC for ft is 3 hours isnt it??
2hours seems... o_O

Well at least our teacher asked us how much we wanted the half yearly to be worth =D
It would have to be 3. We only did the topics we've done (ie AFI and Nutrition) but the questions on those topics were straight from the HSC

IceBreaker

HSC
become a food technologolist, you design new foods and improve the products sounds interesting....

thanks hamo

HSC
Tennille said:
Nah, if you want to be a chef, you'd do hospitality as the majority of the course is pracs. At our school, they brought in a professional chef for those doing hospitality. Food technology doesn't have that many pracs...and the course barely relates to food itself, rather the food industry (which you mentioned) and preservation.

I dod food tech and hospitality, and for part of my food tech assessment for uni- i had my hospitality book out, coz you learn about HACCP and hygeine and safety and stuff- hospitality def. helps for prac skills
and hospitality is great if you wanna be a chef :D or if you wanna graduate from 2 min noodles to Chinese noodles one day...
BUT they do overlap in some areas- and I loved both subjects- esp. food tech!
PS: i love 2 min noodles mmm....

thanks hamo

HSC
IceBreaker said:
become a food technologolist, you design new foods and improve the products sounds interesting....
doing food technolohy at uni is pretty fun- and interesting too- i just HATE chemistry! it seems so pointless...
and in what other subject can you get full marks for eating jelly?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)