• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who would you turn gay for? (2 Viewers)

123ash

HSC
I would turn gay for the "amazing artistic appeal"

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
I will answer the question about why I find boys attractive when you give me a convincing explanation for why you find females attractive (aside from subjective perceptions of beauty etc).
So, (A) is the "fact" that males generally find females attractive a genetic/hormonal thing? Or (B) is it because we grow up in a society where we learn that males should shack up with females?

And for SP, specifically, if your answer is A, then doesn't that mean you've found something about males especially attractive that has made you "turn"?

BTW, sorry bout some of this phrasing, it just seems easiest to understand.

HSC
So, (A) is the "fact" that males generally find females attractive a genetic/hormonal thing? Or (B) is it because we grow up in a society where we learn that males should shack up with females?

And for SP, specifically, if your answer is A, then doesn't that mean you've found something about males especially attractive that has made you "turn"?

BTW, sorry bout some of this phrasing, it just seems easiest to understand.
Ehhh...idk.

I don't feel I started out straight and then got warped into gayhood. There wasn't a time where I was sexually attracted to women, before deciding that hmm actually penises are pretty great.

Nature/nurture aetiology of homosexuality is a difficult question. I will say before Kwayera swoops in on her broomstick that levels of homosexual activity do change from society to society, so it's at least partially a social thing. But I don't know how to adjudicate...
/unhelpful post.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
i changed my mind actually
i'd go serena and blair from gossip girl

and also sam ronson cept she's been with lohan so...

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
silver meowth said:
I will answer the question about why I find boys attractive when you give me a convincing explanation for why you find females attractive (aside from subjective perceptions of beauty etc).
i find the features of the female body, eg face, body, general shape, visually appealing.

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
I don't feel I started out straight and then got warped into gayhood. There wasn't a time where I was sexually attracted to women, before deciding that hmm actually penises are pretty great.
Yeah, that's just about the level of ridiculousness I was trying to steer clear from.

Nature/nurture aetiology of homosexuality is a difficult question. I will say before Kwayera swoops in on her broomstick that levels of homosexual activity do change from society to society, so it's at least partially a social thing. But I don't know how to adjudicate...
Did you grow up in a different society? Or do you mean that, perhaps your family or childhood environment did not strictly regiment the "boys kiss girls" mentality?

HSC
Did you grow up in a different society? Or do you mean that, perhaps your family or childhood environment did not strictly regiment the "boys kiss girls" mentality?
No I didn't grow up in a different society - my point was that particular social conditions seem more likely to result in homosexuality (Don't ask me what those social conditions are ;)).

I don't know how to answer your second question. My family didn't actively encourage homosexuality. Perhaps the regulation of gendered/sexual behaviour was less strong - I don't know.

Probably better to consult some peer reviewed journals about the aetiology of homosexuality rather than asking someone random gaybo off the internet.

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
No I didn't grow up in a different society - my point was that particular social conditions seem more likely to result in homosexuality (Don't ask me what those social conditions are ;)).

I don't know how to answer your second question. My family didn't actively encourage homosexuality. Perhaps the regulation of gendered/sexual behaviour was less strong - I don't know.

Probably better to consult some peer reviewed journals about the aetiology of homosexuality rather than asking someone random gaybo off the internet.
Nah, I prefer the random gaybo's. Helpful though, thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)