Whos coming??? (1 Viewer)

keight

i'm hoping to be there (if i get the offer of course)

do u know anything about life at the residential colleges in terms of study and social atmosphere?

i hope Canberra's not as boring as ppl keep telling me

also, do u know anything about the sports management course there?

Rory

HSC
Currently it looks like I'll be going to the College thingy for the first year then transferring into the Uni :)

Rory

HSC
^ I got 52 and I've still got a chance, you should call up the Uni and find out what alternative options you've got :)

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
Hey
http://www.canberra.edu.au/college/ucconnect/admission.html
http://www.canberra.edu.au/college/ucstart/admission.html

Note: These courses are FULL FEE paying. When u do the course, the college will make a UAI equilivant up to see if u can get into the course. They use the UAC transfer guidelines...

Also if u do get into uni; you wont actually get a HECS position; high chance that u will get a FEE place - although they charge the equilivant to HECS and the govt will give u loans..

I think the UAI was around 62 for the college courses, and generally goes up 3 points each year.

Any ?'s, ask

Casey

Rory

HSC
Yep, The UAI for the college thing is 58 for connect and 63 for start - I called and talked to the woman who organises all the stuff :) As far as she's concerned I'll get in due to disadvantages and whatnot :) I can't remember if I'm doing connect or start.. either way the fees aren't a hassle for me.

Last edited:

royal_red

ok, i have some questions about canberra college. is it too late to apply? i didnt apply before coz i really expected my uai to be higher. i honestly dont know what happend. anyway, i also don't live in canberra. its about 4 hours away, so i cant get to the uni to ask myself. one more thing- i applied for campus accomodation, if for some reason i do go to the college, can i still get campus accomodation? your help would be really appreciated, thanx

Rory

HSC
^ Call the college to inquire about whether you can still apply for their programs; the forms are online so if they say you can, then you can just fill out the forms, print and send all in the same day. Check out their website http://www.canberra.edu.au/college/ and yeh if you go to the college you'll still get campus accomidation but call the accomidation people to let them know you'll be applying for the college (I think there was a checkbox on the accomidation form so if you weren't expecting to go to the college and didn't check it, then it's better to be safe than sorry by calling and letting them know). :) I'm in the same boat as you so I've been through all this sofar.

saintly

I'm doing sports media in canberra starting this year. Just a few questions.
How many people more or less would be doing my course? I mean around 20 or so, or like 100? Just a rough figure.
Also, if I applied in mid-october, I should be pretty assured that I'll get accomm? I applied for international house - is it likely I'll get a spot there?
Also, do people have visitors that stay overnight? I think I read that you're not allowed, but do people do it?
Thanks a lot,
Mike.

royal_red

Rory- thanx heaps for all your help. if i end up going, hopefully we could meet up so i wont be alone. anyways, i'm going to try my best to see what i can do. the only real problem for me is the money. coz i'd have to pay for accomodation too. so we'll see what happens. thanx again guys for all your help

Rory

HSC
Goodluck with it all Royal :) I found out the other day that I got in for the college 'UC Connect' program (I called and asked lmao!) so now I know I'm definitely going :) I hope you get in, it'd be nice to have some premade friends, Canberra is like a 6hour drive for me so it's a pretty huge change :)

royal_red

congrats! so its a guranteed place? just out of curiousity- what degree did you hope to do at canberra? and have you applied for campus accomodation?

Rory

HSC
^ Yep it's guaranteed, just have to wait for the official confirmation letters to come; I want to do Journalism at Canberra and yeh I applied for accomidation back in November and as far as they're concerned (I called them too hehe) I've got it. So I'm pretty much set.

Woo I got the official letter today :) Gonna pay my course fee on Friday :)

Last edited:

Hilly

im doing sports media next year, well that means at least 2 people will be doing it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)