• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who's doing FRANKEN-RUNNER in 2014? (1 Viewer)

essayqueen

HSC
N/A
I'm keen to see if the statistic '80% of the state do FrankenRunner for Module A' is right! :eek2:

So...who's doing it in 2014?

It's the 6th year of Frankenstein & Blade Runner in the HSC so the bar has been raised!!!

Share your thoughts, idea, genius or eternal torment here! :evilfire:

Last edited:

essayqueen

HSC
N/A
I love it how 61 people have 'viewed' this post but no-one has commented...What did you think was going to be in here? LOL

GabbyS

HSC
Yep! I have no idea if I'll love it or hate it as I adore Mary Shelley's writing but hate comparative study...

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Doing it for mod A! But we haven't started...still getting belonging done far out

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
You should all aim to get as high as possible marks in this module. Personally, it was the easiest followed by Hamlet.

The reason why its easy is because you don't need any related texts, but instead need to research a few concepts.
It makes it easier to sustain your thesis and have a better and smoother flow to the essay.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
Despite not having done Frankenstein, it is one of all-time favorite books. :p
Good luck to all those doing it.

tigerian

HSC
N/A
Its a good book to read and teach but Im not a fan of Bladerunner but I think the students usually prefer the other way round . Its not a difficult text to read and its not difficult to understand. I do enjoy ,as i said,teaching it because it has so much to offer and is uses three narrators to present Mary Shelley's purpose . Happy to help if you need anything about it

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah doing it term 1 2014. Should I be excited or not?
In general, you should try to be excited about English-because by being excited, that's how you can develop a passion/interest in it and this in turn will help you achieve the best marks possible:) Best wishes:) (I found this module to be one of the most interesting modules in my HSC-but then, I kind of find all of my English modules interesting:))

CaptainPrice

HSC
Yep, it seems interesting!
Btw, do HSC markers care that much about originality on concepts or ideas in essays (pretty much your thesis)?
If nearly 80% of the state is doing Frankenstein and Bladerunner wouldn't it be harder to appear more 'original' or 'different'?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Yep, it seems interesting!
Btw, do HSC markers care that much about originality on concepts or ideas in essays (pretty much your thesis)?
If nearly 80% of the state is doing Frankenstein and Bladerunner wouldn't it be harder to appear more 'original' or 'different'?
You need to focus on answering the given essay question-that's how you are going to get the marks. Focus on answering the essay question, don't try to come up with an obscure thesis that DOES NOT answer the question. Focus on deconstructing the module rubric, understanding it thoroughly and answering the essay question as closely as you can:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)