Who's doing what in Semester 1, 2007? aka The Stalk-Me!!! Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
What are people deciding to do in Semester 1, 2007?

I'll be doing

BUS301 - Business Policy
BBA340 - Cross Cultural Management
SOC290 - Work and Employment
STAT170 - Introductory Statistics

and possibly MKTG302 - International Marketing.. not sure if I should cram 5 subs..

how about you guys?

prusso

HSC
Re: Who's doing what in Semester 1, 2007?

comp247
bba203
bba250

Kegs

HSC

miss_gtr said:
a few combos:

anth275
anth276
ahst261

or

anth275
anth276
ahst232

or

anth275
anth276
ahst271

or

anth275
anth276
geos112

or

anth275
anth276
anth106

Iono yet.
Im gonna take a stab and say you do Anthropology.

Me:

phys220
phys270
geos325
and perhaps geos313 or I will have to choose something else.

HSC
N/A

ARTS300 - Arts Practicum II
CUL302 - Genre Writing

yeah, third year looks a little...sparse :/ Once again I am hit by the thought of "holy cow, how bludgy is my degree?!?! Everyone seems to be working so much harder than I am!"

EDIT: I suppose I could take the initiative and add another subject to my list for semester 1, though... but *gasp* Could I really - willingly - opt to do more units than what is absolutely required?

heh. I so totally have the mentality of a Pass student...

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

glitterfairy said:
ARTS300 - Arts Practicum II
CUL302 - Genre Writing

yeah, third year looks a little...sparse :/ Once again I am hit by the thought of "holy cow, how bludgy is my degree?!?! Everyone seems to be working so much harder than I am!"

EDIT: I suppose I could take the initiative and add another subject to my list for semester 1, though... but *gasp* Could I really - willingly - opt to do more units than what is absolutely required?

heh. I so totally have the mentality of a Pass student...
More like:

ARTS300
CUL302
WOW300.

Amirite, or am I right? :D

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

Lynn, you do realise, you'll be considered a Part-Time student with that workload. The reason why I do three :p

Handbook down atm, can't be arsed finding my hard copy, but 2x MAS 1x MUS

HSC
N/A

AsyLum said:
Lynn, you do realise, you'll be considered a Part-Time student with that workload. The reason why I do three :p

Handbook down atm, can't be arsed finding my hard copy, but 2x MAS 1x MUS
crap :/

So is that the handbook's way of telling me that it WANTS me to be a part-time student for first semester next year? Gah, ok, time to pick another subject...

PwarYuex said:
More like:

ARTS300
CUL302
WOW300.

Amirite, or am I right?
Shoosh you! :p

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC

IT Law
Health Law
Remedies

But, now I'm having a bit of a mid-degree crisis. I want to practise psych I've decided and become an expert witness... So... that means back-tracking to do some 200-level PSY and a crappy 300-level stats...

*cries with confusion*

I need two lives :(

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC

MaryJane said:
IT Law
Health Law
Remedies

But, now I'm having a bit of a mid-degree crisis. I want to practise psych I've decided and become an expert witness... So... that means back-tracking to do some 200-level PSY and a crappy 300-level stats...

*cries with confusion*

I need two lives :(
woohoo STATS! *high 5*

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

glitterfairy said:
crap :/

So is that the handbook's way of telling me that it WANTS me to be a part-time student for first semester next year? Gah, ok, time to pick another subject...

Shoosh you! :p
lol, I got the same problem, we only ever have 2 subjects a sem (1 in 2nd sem 1st year) so lots of elective space :)

And sif Rob, Lynn's obviously doing post-grad :p WOW804: The Rise and Fall of the Lich King through the War of the Ancients.

H?

buddy
HSC

ACCG323
ACCG340
ACCG350

Sigh, kill me.

HSC
N/A
miss_gtr said:
ok I have issues (more). on the ELS site and handbook they have suggested route (lets call it that, i don't have another word atm) to the degree. Ok lets get this straight. What is important for your degree is completing 300/400 level subjects, and there is no distinct path, you just have to get to them in the end? So the booklet suggests a path for me, however, I've found another way to get to them minusing a few subjects couldnt possibly bear to do. In the end I will still get to the 300/400 level subs and whatever 100/200 subs you to do get to them are immaterial, provided you have the preqs to get into the 300/400 subs right? So it says I have to have 18cp in sci, I will have that if I do the 300/400 level subs, so theres a lot of wanky 100/200 subs they suggest us to do to get ready and be prepared for 300/400 level subs, but I found the basic few that I need to do, then theres a few more I don't need to but its kinda written on the handbook, so i'm assuming the whole uni system is based on just minusing points from ur grand total and when it runs to zero u're finished and they just make sure u've completed core subjects that you needed, so if this is correct, I can kinda jip the unnecessary subjects? I emailed a convenor with a similar issue with my ancient history program and she basically said doesnt matter what i do just as long as i find my way to 300 level subs. This was just referring to ahst though, but i'm assuming it the dealio for other stuff too. Right???

errr sorry for my lack of structure :(
Technically yes? I don't have the handbook handy but sounds like your degree is set out like mine. It tells me how many credit points I need to do per level (100,200, 300), and says I MUST do units 3xx, 3xx, 3xx etc etc. Upon looking further into the handbook, you note down the prerequisites for the abovementioned subjects, and they tend to comprise most of your 100 and 200 level units.

"Required Units" and "Recommended Units" are two completely different things, I've discovered ;) The former you do have to do... but the latter? Screw it :p

AsyLum said:
And sif Rob, Lynn's obviously doing post-grad WOW804: The Rise and Fall of the Lich King through the War of the Ancients.
lol don't think so... I do know my way around most things, but the high-end stuff? I've really only scraped the surface, and that's the honest truth :)

Ok, so after tomorrow's training, I'm going to hunt around for a fun but easy unit... maybe a first-year subject :p Media, Music...? Or *gasp* maybe I'll take up an Ancient History unit...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
MUS205 : Introduction to Vocal Studies [s1]
MUS302: Sound, Image and Interactive Media [s2]
MUS311: Digital Music Practice; Mixing and DJ-ing [s2]

MAS306: Modernism and Postmodernism [s1] (Oooh, I gotta do this, as a core, ugh...Hope it isn't CUL)
MAS203: News and Current Affairs [s1] (You could try emailing Graeme and telling him you're a CA in writing student, he might let you in, but its a great subject, you basically don't have to do anything..i didn't and got a HD :D)
MAS307: Culture and Technology [s2] (Another of my cores...hmm don't mind me I'm a techno-phile :p)

JPN123: Japan's Contemporary Culture through Manga (Animated Cartoons) [s2] KAWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAIIIIii

ISYS123: Introduction to Information Systems and Technologies [s1/2] How to use a mouse!

HSC
I've changed mine whole program for 2007

Summer School '2007'

MKTG203 - Consumer Behaviour

Semester 1 - 2007

BUS301 - Business Policy
BBA340 - Cross Cultural Management
STAT170 - Introductory Statistics
SOC331 - Advanced Methods in Social Research

Winter break - Hopefully go on short exchange and get Exemptions for:
MKTG302 - International Marketing

Semester 2 - 2007

BUS302 - International Business Policy
SOC372 - Human Services: Organisations, Structures and Policy
MKTG202 - Marketing Research
ACCG105- Introductory Accounting

Summer School - 2008

MKTG304 - Marketing Operations Management

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC

Cyan_phoeniX said:
actually you have to do TWO crappy 300 level stat-like subjects. the principles of assessment unit is terrible- far worst than PSY331 (In fact, PSY331 was not that bad!). The assessment is a crappy 80 multi-choice question exam worth 60% which supposedly covers the unit but i think all it does is make a good bell-curve to make the psychometricians happy. :(
Do you mean 332? I did that this semester (its just I never, ever attended a lecture - I dont even know what Lorna looks like!). It was possibly one of the worst written exams I've ever sat. What was the point in doing the extra tutorial readings? And reading the Ethics Code? Bah. I didnt like that exam. But I did enjoy the IQ testing stuff - all 30,000 weeks of it! ;)

What do you do in PSY331? Is it just ANOVA? If it is, I might be okay and pull a Cr... If not... I think I'll be visiting Redrum at Deloittes for some tutoring - the StAt KiNg! WooT!!!

HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
MUS205 : Introduction to Vocal Studies [s1]

ISYS123: Introduction to Information Systems and Technologies [s1/2] How to use a mouse!
I like the sound of the first one, but I probably should do the second :(

Does anyone know what assessments are like for mus205?

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

Ack.

I need to do something with Hieroglyphs next sem, otherwise this this whole year's work will dribble out of my nose. However, I also need to start on German ASAP - GMN295 counts to my degree, and GMN104 doesn't. I also need to do another ancient language (Coptic is my choice), either next year or 2008.

Basically, I'm trying to balance an ancient language which I don't want to lose, a modern language which I need to learn now, and an ancient language which I need to learn eventually, with the fact that I've almost run out of electives and need to pick up a Dip or a BA concurrently. =/

1. GMN295 now, Coptic 2008:
GMN295: German for Reading Purposes I,
GMN104: German I,
{*}.

2. Coptic now, GMN295 2008:
AHPG879/AHST380: Middle Kingdom,
AHPG876/AHST280: Coptic,
GMN104,
{*}.

{*} = One or two of:

AHPG864: Epigraphy,
AHPG873: Docs of the First Intermediate Period,
AHPG862: Religious Documents.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)