Who's goin for a Premier's Award? (1 Viewer)

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
I just wanted to ask, what kind of marks do you need to receive a Premier's Award? Is it above 90 in all your subjects? Or just any 10 units? Or does English have to be included in those 10units too?

I wanna try to get it. So far my marks have been alright. But English is letting me down :(

Who else thinks that they can get it? Shouldn't be too hard with decent marks I suppose.

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
I was going for it, and was on track, but now I doubt it. Maths was never gonig to be a band 6 so that left me with 11 units....now I screwed up English so hard.....

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Would be nice but I am a realist and I know it won't be happening for me, good luck to everyone else though!

charismo

HSC
yeah bloody english..i'm one bloody unit off a premiers award...i'm doing 12 units but it doesn't seem like i'll be pulling a band six and english or ext. english... hey what uai do you reckon you could get with say low 90's in subjects liket chem, ext maths, 2u maths, pe and phys

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
I want one of the awards pubs in newcastle give you for failing your HSC :)
Like free alcohol for a week.

Stuff the premiers award, why don't they make it nice and shiny? Hmm?? GOVERNMENT MAKE THE AWARD SHINY!!

I think there are quite a few on this Bored who would be in contention for one, Priesty .. you certaily have the makings of a very decent student, same with Pluvia, don't give up hope! :p :) .. yo can still pull your marks up.

hey what uai do you reckon you could get with say low 90's in subjects liket chem, ext maths, 2u maths, pe and phys
I think you could get Mid 90s actually or even high 90s. Dude, have you tried the SAM? =)?

I'm pretty confident on getting this although English Extension 2 can be unpredictable, and Jap might let me down, maybe.
Ahh goodluck, what EE2 are you doing? I'm doing SS. Typical of me. Idiot me.

I wish you all who are desiring this non shiny award the very best in your HSCness

omar273

Oscarwatcher
HSC
Good luck guys.

Around 900 people in the state get a Premier's Award every year.
It is awarded for receiving ten or more units at 90% or above.

Accelerated subjects count and English doesn't have to be part of your ten units.

The trophy is just a slab of glass, but the honour is more than just the award.
Having your photo taken with the Premier at the Sydney Convention Centre at Darling Harbour is an added perk.

P.S. for those really keen, aim for the Australian Students Prize, which is awarded to the top 500 students in Australia (about 120 go to students in NSW). The prize here is $2000!

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Hmm...either way, it would look on good on a resume, plus you can expect a UAI of at least 98 (most of the time) if you do achieve it....lol
I'm only confident that I'll get band E4 (hopefully high band E4) for Mathematics Extension 1 and 2. English, Chemistry, Physics and Biology seem a bit uncertain since I'm around 10th-20th in all of them. If we perform as well as last year's Year 12s then I might just scrape into band 6 for the sciences....lol.*fingers crossed*
I don't mind if I completely miss out, but what I would really hate is if I miss out by like 1 or 2 marks...lol. In 2004, our top student got over 90 in 9 units (Mathematics Extension 1, Mathematics Extension 2, Chemistry, Physics, English Extension 1) and missed out by getting 88 in English Advanced...lol, how frustrating would that be...nonethless he still got 99.85 which he should be happy with....lol.:D

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
I don't see why distinction courses wouldnt count. They are board-approved units after all aren't they :)

Nat_nat

I'm Going for it wooo :)
Hopefully chem will count and then ext 2 eng wont...coz that wont get 90s...
:) :rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)