who's going ahead? (1 Viewer)

narrowpin

HSC
as the title suggests, is anyone going ahead and starting year 11 in the holidays. if by any chance you are, how much "work" are you doing per day and how much have you done?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Not for me. Might start doing some Maths, but right now, I cbf. I'm enjoying my holidays :)

narrowpin

HSC
Kujah said:
Not for me. Might start doing some Maths, but right now, I cbf. I'm enjoying my holidays :)
you seemed so smart kujah, hmm maybe you're just naturally good

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Haha maybe. If it gives people a head-start, then they should "go ahead". But then, I'd rather go along with the topics that are learnt in school. Better enjoy your holidays, cause in the next summer holidays, you'll be studying for your HSC :)

BTW, your subjects in your profile says you're doing Maths and English Extension 3 ;)

PrettyVacant

HSC
I am, but only a little. I read a few studyguides that my parents got me to read.

frieda

Premium Member
HSC
Well, i've only been reading up on a little bit of economics but i seem to have learnt some in commerce already. Just really reading and understanding - I'm not too fussed about getting a head start on everybody else, I just really want to see what's ahead in the year etc. I may start some math later in the holidays when i get a textbook or something of some sort (i'll be doing ext), but for the moment and the majority of the hols I'll just be enjoying my free time and going to work ! =D

PrettyVacant

HSC
=) I did biology reading, it seems like I've learnt a bit already in some Science lessons last year.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Read about the first topic off Bio in prelim, like the abiotic, biotic, abundance, distribution crap. Nearly fell asleep :sleep:

Hero Of Time

HSC
N/A
PrettyVacant said:
=) I did biology reading, it seems like I've learnt a bit already in some Science lessons last year.
Year 11 Biology is basically Year 10 Science with slightly more theory, and some practicals. Personally, it is easy, you should be fine with it. It doesn't require as much attention compared to other subjects that you haven't had previous experience with. Although, that may just be me.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
:uhhuh: Hopefully, the topics become more interesting as the year progresses :p

Isnt Diseases a topic in year12? If it is, cant wait for that ;)

Hero Of Time

HSC
N/A
Kujah said:
Read about the first topic off Bio in prelim, like the abiotic, biotic, abundance, distribution crap. Nearly fell asleep :sleep:
Indeed, those topics are quite boring, but if you bother to remember it, you should go quite well in the half yearlies.

Disease is a topic in Year 12, and I'm looking forward to it also as it seems interesting for once.

Last edited:

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
I'd like to go ahead with some studying actually, especially for Maths, but I haven't started at all and I don't plan to in my last week of holidays before I'm off overseas. :)

I don't like studying and learning solution methods from Math textbooks. :( Simply because the teachers I've had over the years doesn't follow the exact steps to gain the result, but teaches us an easier alternative. So I think I'll just wait!

Legham

HSC
Jeeeez.. what the hell are you even considering starting already for? i recommend you dont work until about halfway through term 2! worked for me!

the leader

HSC
Hmm at the risk of sounding extremely nerdy, I confess that I've made notes for the entirety of the syllabus for Module 1 of Chemistry (18 pages!!!!) and I'm doing maths revision (Chapter 1 of the Cambridge 3 unit book)

To be honest, most of the chem and maths is revision, just souped up a bit, a few new concepts and such. But hey, at least thats a couple of subjects I won't be freaking out over when the workload builds up :)

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
SoulSearcher said:
There's no real need to go ahead in these holidays for you guys going onto year 11, just enjoy the holidays, and get rested for years 11 and 12.
Thank you so much for saying that.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
the leader said:
Hmm at the risk of sounding extremely nerdy, I confess that I've made notes for the entirety of the syllabus for Module 1 of Chemistry (18 pages!!!!) and I'm doing maths revision (Chapter 1 of the Cambridge 3 unit book)
Great :) I've "inherited" Biology notes from my cuz for yr 11 and 12. Hope they're gonna be useful :p

narrowpin

HSC
the leader said:

To be honest, most of the chem and maths is revision, just souped up a bit, a few new concepts and such. But hey, at least thats a couple of subjects I won't be freaking out over when the workload builds up :)
HUH:eek:, is that 18 pages of notes just for module 1??. personally i had a look through it and by all means 5-10 pages would be "more than enough", unless of course you hand wrote them.

btw, did you buy your cambridge book?

narrowpin

HSC
Kujah said:
Haha maybe. If it gives people a head-start, then they should "go ahead". But then, I'd rather go along with the topics that are learnt in school. Better enjoy your holidays, cause in the next summer holidays, you'll be studying for your HSC :)

BTW, your subjects in your profile says you're doing Maths and English Extension 3 ;)
yeah, but no surprise, like everyone in my school does 3u for both.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)