• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Why Am I Exhausted All The Time? (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
What the hell is wrong with me?

After uni, I am always so so so tired. Like I literally want to SLEEP after uni. It's only this year. Other years I've been able to get my pep on and do some uni work.

I work regular hours
I exercise
I eat more healthy than I've ever had
I even take Vitamin C supplements because they're full of fun
I sleep 7-8 hours a night
I have a regular sleeping pattern. I wake up at 6:30am and sleep in on weekends.
I don't drink coffee or tea when it's heading to bedtime
I have very little to stress about, except uni

This is the first year where I have maintained my health in a massive way. I'm usually lazy and won't exercise, or I'll binge on Maccas, or strain myself into 4 hour sleeping patterns because of uni. But this year I've been good.

Why am I more exhausted than I have ever been?

If I haven't missed something that you guys can point out, I might just go and see a doctor.

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
hmmm u don't seem to be doing anything physically wrong. Maybe ur just mentally jaded. I know it happens to me sometimes when ive had a long day at uni where its not necessarily been physically tiring but more than anything mentally tiring and all i want to do is also sleep when i get home.

btw have u been eating less red meat? because u said uve been eating more healthier but im guessing that most people who say that they're eating healthy would probably be eating more fruit/veges and less red meat. If thats the case iron deficiency might be ur problem. But yea its a good thing that ur going to the doctor to be sure about it all.

Legham

HSC
I dont know why it would be happening but you could try what i do to stop being so tired at inconvenient times. I sleep 3-6 hours on school nights which leaves me enough energy to get through school and then the gym straight after. Then after the gym i go home and take a nap usually until dinner time.. just an hour or so, then i stay up late again. I still have the same hours sleep all up pretty much, i just take the sleep at convenient times through the day :) That way through the night im wide awake from my afternoon nap as well.
Dunno if that would help your exhaustedness..

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
They say sleeping in on a weekend distrupts your sleeping patterns. Your body clock doesnt recognise a weekend.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Maybe not exercising, eating unhealthily and sleeping 4 hours just worked for you.

Legham

HSC
Or maybe when you ate unhealthily you had more suger and stuff which kept you awake, and its just taking a while for your body to adapt to your new diet :)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
What are your meals like?

Big breakie? Big lunch?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I think it really might be iron deficiancy. I just realised that I've unintentionally and subconsciously omitted red meat from my diet. I do eat steak here and there, but not as regularly. Plus the sugar stuff would make a lot of sense.

I suppose such a drastic change of low iron and low sugar would fuck me up this way hey.

HSC
N/A
even if you're sleeping well, if you're busy, or uni work is tough (even if organised), or if you're under emotional or academic pressure, your body tires out sooner.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
it might even be low blood pressure.
People with low blood pressure, usually feel tired and exhausted most of the time. See a doctor just to make sure though ;)

get well soon :)

Predd

UAI99.55 Personal Trainer
HSC
It could be numerous things, some of which have been detailed above. Best bet is to go to your GP and discuss your situation. What you are doing seems great...but it's impossible to get an accurate diagnosis on a public forum :)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
I'm anaemic, and I also am very tired all the time. Eat red meat (even if you have to force yourself) as well as spinach. Greens have iron in them but they wont help as much as a big steak.

Iron supplements are good too, Ferro Grad-C is the best I have found. One thing, though. Make sure you take HEAPS of vitamin C while you take iron supplements because their main side-affect is constipation.

So a steak a week, greens every day and iron tablets every morning (ESPECIALLY in the week leading up to your period) and you should be fine. Do go to the doctor, though, because they have awesome interim emergency iron medicine that perks you right up.

Hope you feel better soon.

Skeeta

HSC
haha yeah if your iron levels are low enough you might be SO lucky as to get a blood transfusion

:(

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
maybe having an afternoon nap just works for you? I sometimes do it when i come home from uni and i feel really great for the rest of the night.

bettinabarber

HSC
having low iron levels really does suck
i went to my doctor cause i was really tired, i got a blood test and realised my iron levels were extremely low the doctor put me on iron tablets and a diet in which i had to eat plenty of meat and green leafy vegetables, nuts also have lots of iron in them. you should check you gums if they are light in colour this can be a sign of low iron levels
go to your doctor and they should be able to help you out

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
popularly.. causes of fatigue...
thyroid dysfunction..
mabbe u have diabetes..
Gland fever..aka EBV
CMV is cat scratch..

there is a list about 20 A4 pages long.. somewhere about this..
*shrug*.. see a GP..

bettinabarber: under ure eyelid is the best place... in normal sunlight.. to see low iron..most GP can spot a 80-90.. when normal is 110-140g/L of Haemaglobin in females.. ..
second best is ure palm lines..

with iron tabs u need to eat fibre too otherwise ure a lil constipated... drink orange juice with ure meat meals.. helps absorption....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)