WHY are you doing RE? (1 Viewer)

s0k0y0e0

HSC
Just outa interest; did you do it cause you're at a catholic school, cause you were/are truely interested, cause you wanna become a nun/brother or for some other reason?

Last edited by a moderator:

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
PiNkPiXiE said:
Just outa interest; did you do it cause you're at a catholic school, cause you were/are truely interested or for some other reason?
to all potential posters:

please note point 5 of the "Please Read me first" thread
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=65288
5. Please keep your posts about the subject positive. The aim of this forum is to give help where possible with SOR, not to list your grievances and dislike of the subject 'cause you "have" to do it. Posts of this nature will be deleted.
i will be watching this one closely.......

s0k0y0e0

HSC
Anyone?? :( Well personally I'm becoming a nun! :D (he he not really; but seriously I enjoy SOR!).

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I cant say why I am doing it, but i can say why I did do it.

We had a choice: Catholic studies or Studies of Religion. SOR was more attractive as:

1. The content looked better (even if harder)
2. I would be in a class full of people actually interested in it
3. It could have proved handy as it counts towards UAI
4. Without it I wouldnt have stood a chance of getting on the All Rounders List

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
SOR was a good subject at our scool it was compulsory and numerous ppl didnt care about it, which became obvious when nearly evry1 left as soon as they cud during the hsc exam :p
if u do well in it, its really good for ur uai, and its not that hard to do extremely well...it wud b more interesting than catholic studies as its more broad...i didnt even know catholic studies existed :p

roadcone

HSC
I go to a catholic school so i had to do either SOR or catholic studies. I personally chose SOR because I didn't see the point in doing something for two years that wouldn't count towards my uai. In saying that I really like it. It is very similar to a history course and I take it seriously because it could end up counting even though I do 12u.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Only 1u course taught at our school... and the cursed 4 sub rule. Didn't want to do 13 units.
Hence it is a filler.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
PiNkPiXiE said:
Just outa interest; did you do it cause you're at a catholic school, cause you were/are truely interested, cause you wanna become a nun/brother or for some other reason?
lol..why did you change your question? And does being a nun/brother have to do with doing SOR?

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
being a nun or brother wudnt have much to do with SOR as u study diff religious traditions.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
acmilan said:
Wheres the "I did it because I wanted to mod SOR" option!
or the "its a fun job" option
(given that the question asks 'why are you doing RE' not "whay are you doing SOR'!

Boo_

HSC
catholic school. first i just took it as a bludge subject. but now im trying to get it counted as one of my best 10 units

Ghost1788

HSC
i hate it i suck so bad in SOR i in catholic school
and i suck really hard with history type subjects.
I dont mind aboriginal spirituality but JEWISH MARRIAGES OMG i need help it just goes in one ear out the other, or in through one eye out the other, since i reading it :eek: :( :eek: :( :mad:

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Ghost1788 said:
i hate it i suck so bad in SOR i in catholic school
and i suck really hard with history type subjects.
I dont mind aboriginal spirituality but JEWISH MARRIAGES OMG i need help it just goes in one ear out the other, or in through one eye out the other, since i reading it :eek: :( :eek: :( :mad:
lol...Jewish marriage is easy. Feel free to start up a new thread if you have any problems

I recommend jewfaq.org as a s imple intro to the ritual

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I really like SOR. I've never been 'forced' to take any sort of religious studies in my eduction so thats why i wanted to do and i totally love my class and it is the funnest subject. Its so interesting to learn abou other faiths etc.

aaaman

Banned
HSC
that subject drove me nuts, but theres one thing i liked out of it. driving my SOR teacher crazy lol, but its good dropping down to catholic studies :) its a joke

Boo_

HSC
lol, haha, i dnt like re much, but yeah, itz preety easy, coming 33rd so far at my school, and im not even in the smart 1u calss

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)