Why do drummers get it so hard? lol (1 Viewer)

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
hardest instrument to get high prac marks on, an instrument that u always wants to add more to (cymbals and crap), and its a bitch to even get considered to go 2 the con! lol does anybody feel me? or am i a shit talker? lol

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
drum like you never drummed before babeh!

we need more drummers at the con! The only person I know who plays "drums" is a damn percussionist.

PS I think its jazz orientated at the Con.... cuz thats all i hear coming out the drums at the con cafe

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
the con cafe is called the jazz cafe, so you'd expect jazz there wouldn't you? :)

i know you can do jazz studies on percussion, or drums. not sure about the classical bmus perf tho...

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
i regret not doing music for my hsc...
there is a tavis drum solo i heard the other day and i would have come out of retirement from drumming just to do that song for my hsc!

L

LaraB

ur_inner_child said:
drum like you never drummed before babeh!

we need more drummers at the con! The only person I know who plays "drums" is a damn percussionist.

PS I think its jazz orientated at the Con.... cuz thats all i hear coming out the drums at the con cafe
just curious - u going to be doing any of the open performances at the con over july-august ish i think it was? cant remember..got the mail thingo around somewhere :p

i always end up going to heapsa them coz mum's a piano teacher so she drags me along as does my singing teacher...

any groups in particular you know of that are must sees and any that are hmm...not quite as must sees lol coz trying 2 pick between a few which 2 go 2

JoeysBoy

HSC
dannyboy_588 said:
if drumming for the HSC is hard, try learning a MUSICAL instrument.
You guys see the drummer at 2004 encore? He played an electronic drum kit. Some funny stuff, tho not sure if it was very musical. Did have a good beat tho! :uhhuh: Very entertaining.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Jazz Man Tim said:
the con cafe is called the jazz cafe, so you'd expect jazz there wouldn't you? :)

i know you can do jazz studies on percussion, or drums. not sure about the classical bmus perf tho...
It's called the Music Café.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Phanatical said:
It's called the Music Café.
check the signs in the library when you study. it says to be quiet or go to the jazz cafe.

how amusing.

but who cares.

i say con cafe. i've got the "c" thing going. :p

pristine

HSC
i've finished piano grades 2 years ago, and i also play drums and guitar.
& i'd agree, i wouldn't be able to get anywhere with drums despite the fact that i've played for years. altho, i AM doing a traditional drum solo for the HSC. i think that THAT'S the way to go if ya gonna do somethin' on the kit. they'd much prefer that to a metal head thrashing methinks.

HSC
dannyboy_588 said:
if drumming for the HSC is hard, try learning a MUSICAL instrument.
HA HAAAAA ! sok it to 'im, boyoH~!!!!!!!!!
Drums arent a real instrument, their more like a tool - a special magical kind of tool that requires a tool to use 'em! People say 'whoa man hes such a mad drummer (dude)" - and all it takes is just a lot of random hitting. A drum solo in the jazz era used to mean something - the drummer had to elaborate on ideas, keep the listener interested and STILL maintain the rhythm- now all the drum solos I hear in the middle of rock songs, the rhythm stops, they just hit randomly, fisrt slow then building up to a frenzy of randomly stupid whacks and then eventually the other instruments just sort of flop back in and the 'music' continues!

HSC
Jazz Man Tim said:
yea Stef, thats where i was getting my info from anway... :p

Jazz Cafe
Music Cafe
Con Cafe

who really cares, tis a cafe with music :p
yes, cannonball... wheres your brother Nat?
have you got the live San fransisco recording? its the best.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
oskarthestudent said:
Drums arent a real instrument, their more like a tool - a special magical kind of tool that requires a tool to use 'em! People say 'whoa man hes such a mad drummer (dude)" - and all it takes is just a lot of random hitting. A drum solo in the jazz era used to mean something - the drummer had to elaborate on ideas, keep the listener interested and STILL maintain the rhythm- now all the drum solos I hear in the middle of rock songs, the rhythm stops, they just hit randomly, fisrt slow then building up to a frenzy of randomly stupid whacks and then eventually the other instruments just sort of flop back in and the 'music' continues!
you better go andlisten to some of these old school jazz drumming your talking about...Buddy Rich for instance, he did not maintain the tempo or rhythm really...as a matter of fact on countless occassions I have counted his solo's, and he does not even maintain a steady tempo! I'm more confident now with my drum performances then i was when i posted this thread...so we will see whether drums is a musical instrument when i get band 6 in music 1, majoring on drums :)

SamuelB

HSC
oskarthestudent said:
Drums arent a real instrument, their more like a tool.
You my friend, are clearly not a musician yourself if you believe that convoluted statement to be the truth. All musical instruments are tools, the very word INSTRUMENT implies that. If it is because of the 'percussive' motion required to play the drums that makes them less musical, then you can rule out the piano as an instrument as well. IT USES A HAMMER ACTION TO PRODUCE SOUND. Please, go get a clue before making unfounded generalisations such as the above, as it would appear you are the only tool around here.

Lauiteedy

i dont get it???? wat are u all on about??? con cafe', music cafe', jazz cafe'?????? where the hell is this place????

Lauiteedy

Drummers paradise

the drums are the hardest thing to learn unless u have natural tallent... the markers are all stupid anyway and dont like loud noise unless u get a kool guy or woman who loves loud music...... bla bla bla you get it.....

HSC
Meads said:
you better go andlisten to some of these old school jazz drumming your talking about...Buddy Rich for instance, he did not maintain the tempo or rhythm really...as a matter of fact on countless occassions I have counted his solo's, and he does not even maintain a steady tempo! I'm more confident now with my drum performances then i was when i posted this thread...so we will see whether drums is a musical instrument when i get band 6 in music 1, majoring on drums :)
music 1, eh. Make sure you can spell your name coreectly - that's 50% of the syllabus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)