• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

why do people think B arts = unemployment?? (1 Viewer)

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
Tulipa said:
Wow. I can't even read right now. It's even in your sig and everything.

I was just curious.
Haha I was going to point this out, but then I thought you were being sarcastic or something.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Liberal studies is just fancy arts haha.

The moral of this story is, do what you want to do.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
scarybunny said:
Liberal studies is just fancy arts haha.

The moral of this story is, do what you want to do.
I'm thinking of doing it :D

Kujah

HSC
N/A
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
I thought you wanted to do Com (Lib Std)??? Come do Com (Lib Std) :D
Things do change, but its at the forefront at the moment. Hows it going for you?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
Fantanstic. I just had a mid semester exam and had to hand in one 1500 word essay and one 1700 word essay. Now I have 2 presentations coming up + 2000 word essay. Not to mention participate on an online forum for ENGL1000 and write in a journal for ECOF1001. Oh yeah and almost forgot my online assessment of ACCT1001 which I have to do for this week

Nah, I truly love it :lol:
And to think my Hist. Ext MW was demanding... :/

Is it a popular course?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Hmm..both USyd and UNSW offer it, and I think at UNSW, the cut-off's around 95.30. But what I like about the sound of this course is the diversity (Faculty of Arts and Science) offered compared to a normal commerce degree. Still gobsmacked by the amount of work though :eek:

And on a side note, I agree with the above posts on foram. Just have a look at his previous posts on different threads and its the same story ^^

Last edited:

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
don't know about all the others...but i love my arts degree...i get to combine my aim of doing a post grad and honours in psych, with subjects i do for "fun" like sociology and human rights.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
BackCountrySnow, STFU bitch. birst get the bloody UAI and then start asking these questions.
retard.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
bigboyjames said:
BackCountrySnow, STFU bitch. birst get the bloody UAI and then start asking these questions.
retard.
Yes because people don't like to think about uni while they are in year 12...?

What?

It's good to plan ahead, to know what you're in for. You're supposed to have your preferences before you get your UAI anyway (although you can change them completely later).

abcdeg

HSC
my mum did a bachelor of arts, then masters focusing on literature and now she's the CEO of a company, the degree can take you anywhere and definately doesn't mean you'll become unemployed, its just very broad which, in my opinion, is a good thing if you're unsure of what you want to do :)

BackCountrySnow

HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
lol for some reason your av. and your username made me assume that you were female :p
lol, you're not the first..

bigboyjames said:
retard.
dude, your name is bigboyjames. lol, just lol

cuntcal said:
because he is wrong all the fucking time and is the most pompous dipshit on this forum, he is a joke.

he studies all day during year 11 holidays (lol), yet he is fucking clueless about anything not relating to maths.

i hope he dies tbh, waste of oxygen
oh yeah, jachie was looking for you.

juggernaut

HSC
i could never study a degree with "uncertainty". I need a degree that prescribes me a definate title, something black and white - ie, pharmacy (pharmacist), exercise and sport science (exercise physiologist), engineering, pysiotherapy, etc etc. Theres no way i could sit through uni and go well with to many "shades of grey", or no telling where im going to come out at the end. hence why i think arts is the devil. having said that, its good if you cant pinpoint a career you want

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Not everybody knows what they want to do when they're 17-18.

For these people, Arts makes perfect sense.

But I do understand your point. The lack of direction was the reason I transferred out of arts and into something much more career-oriented. It was good, though, because doing arts gave me a chance to think without taking a year off of uni.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
I have read a lot of what he has read on other threads but anyway... just what part of what he said do you agree with... the part where he thinks a high UAI course is definitely going to lead to a job or the part where he thinks that everyone that does an Arts degree got a shit UAI???
I implied that I agreed with what you people have said about him- he should stfu :)

You should see some of his posts in the Preliminary and HSC forums as well- just as absurd as what he's said here.

But cheers for the Course information :D

Last edited:

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
cuntcal said:
because he is wrong all the fucking time and is the most pompous dipshit on this forum, he is a joke.

he studies all day during year 11 holidays (lol), yet he is fucking clueless about anything not relating to maths.

i hope he dies tbh, waste of oxygen
I don't study all day during the holidays. It doesn't take that long to learn a module of a prelim course.

beentherdunthat

HSC
scarybunny said:
There are so many people in Australia with law degrees that they will never use, because we've got enough lawyers without the hundreds of graduates that come through every year.

The cleaner at my old work had a law degree.

Education, on the other hand, has a relatively low UAI (83.something at Usyd), but it pretty much guarantees you a job.
wtf..........
r u retarted
o wait don't answer that
u r

where'd u get ur shitty facts from? is there any logic in that statement?

AND EVEN IF IT WAS TRUE
Which damn right doesn't sound right, he's probably a one-off, why would a A LAWYER go become a cleaneR?

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
beentherdunthat said:
wtf..........
r u retarted
o wait don't answer that
u r

where'd u get ur shitty facts from? is there any logic in that statement?

AND EVEN IF IT WAS TRUE
Which damn right doesn't sound right, he's probably a one-off, why would a A LAWYER go become a cleaneR?
Can't find a job, needs money, so takes whatever job he can get.

Scared much ? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)