Why do so few try? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thommy

HSC
N/A
Why do some people just not try in SOR? I understand not everyone enjoys, but it's such an easy subject in wich to do well.

erm

HSC
well you don't have to really try to do well (in my case).

all i've ever done for SOR is about 2hrs of revision the night before and assessment (like today's trials) and i'm acing it.

subject allows you to bullshit/waffle a lot so i use that to full advantage.

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
because they are lazy and don't think its worth it.... I don't really try that hard in SOR but I do all the work and have not got under 90% in any assessments. Its not rocket science

thommy

HSC
N/A
erm said:
well you don't have to really try to do well (in my case).

all i've ever done for SOR is about 2hrs of revision the night before and assessment (like today's trials) and i'm acing it.

subject allows you to bullshit/waffle a lot so i use that to full advantage.
So true. I did prety much nothing last term last year and first term this year, and read for like 3 hours the night before the half-yearlies, and got 25/30. It does allow you to waffle a lot, except for the census data stuff.

thommy

HSC
N/A
Caitlin63 said:
because they are lazy and don't think its worth it.... I don't really try that hard in SOR but I do all the work and have not got under 90% in any assessments. Its not rocket science
I know, I can't believe it actually scales up.

vds700

HSC
thommy said:
Why do some people just not try in SOR? I understand not everyone enjoys, but it's such an easy subject in wich to do well.
Not many at my school try that hard. I do some work for it, but im just not interested in it at all. Kinda screwed the trial today, just didn't study enough....oh well i might pass

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
i LOVED the cssa trial today!!! <3 <3 <3 <3
honestly i hate sor seems like such a waste but despite that i still do fairly good (ranked somewhere in the top ten)...

morning storm

HSC
i dont understand how you can like/dislike any sor paper

they're all 95% the same

...except this one had spelling mistakes

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
morning storm said:
i dont understand how you can like/dislike any sor paper

they're all 95% the same

...except this one had spelling mistakes
when i said i liked it, i meant in terms of there were things i studied
and things i knew shit all about lol
and the things id studied came up, nothing else.
yay.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
I know it is dead easy, if you know your stuff, you can just crap on and fill in space and time, i finished that exam in an hour and I ussually ger a band 5 and have been told i am capable of a band 6

~aussiegirl!~

08 sac baby!
HSC
was alright!

im ranked 10th atm so i was a bit worried about screwing it up but like others say i waffled my way especially religion and peace and the non religion question on humanism cause we only just did it.

Also the islam part i bs'd to the max cause i was on work placement and never caught up:uhhuh:

VicerExciser

HSC
Half of section I on ours was replaced since we haven't done the 'other' religions in Australia topic yet.

Think i did alright though, hopefully.

vds700

HSC
"Identify the contribution to christianity of 1 significant person or school of thought, except Jesus" I lol'd.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
vds700 said:
"Identify the contribution to christianity of 1 significant person or school of thought, except Jesus" I lol'd.
Hahahahahaha...

I wouldn't have chosen Jesus anyway. It's more like Peter or Paul. I will probably swing towards one of them.

HSC
cause its a fucken joke that our school forces us to learn it - also a lot of people have 11 units so SOR will prob not mean shit to their UAI

-tal-

HSC
Because the majority of us, never wanted to do it. I certainly didn't choose it. And tbh, most can't respect a subject and teacher they never wanted, or asked for.

Despite this, I'm one of the few in my class who tries anyway.

smiller

HSC
thommy said:
I know, I can't believe it actually scales up.
The reason that it scales up is because so many people who go well in other subjects do not try in SOR. Therefore because so many go well in all their other subjects and do not even bother for SOR it seems that it is a harder subject which increases the scaling of it...pretty stupid hey

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Please dont ask for questions before the security period expires

Your help in this matter is appreciated

NickyFM

HSC
I really like religion and i do find it odd that it scales up in a similar way to business considering business studies has a shitload more to remember and is much harder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)