Why do the students who go to the best schools get the best marks? (1 Viewer)

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Competition imo. But people who go to 'crap' schools can still have a chance to get great atars..

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Most students who go to private/Christian/Selective schools will push their children hard and make them study this is a huge influence on there life.
Fact. I go to one of these schools and push my children hard. lol

My Economics Teacher went to Sydney Uni and was the top of her class
My maths teacher went to UNSW! And she's white!

In fact I have often wondered, over the last 10 years, say, what percentage of those from private schools who came out 1st were non-scholarship students?
The guy with the maths scholarship at my school came first for Maffs and MX1 last year and now he's coming 5/8 in MX1 and 4/4 in MX2... So yeah.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
^Ohh your private school has specific subject scholarships? That's cunning. All the private schools round here normally have a couple of general academic, a few music and normally one or two sport scholarships. They're all half scholarships though, not full like some private schools do to rope people in.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
^Ohh your private school has specific subject scholarships? That's cunning. All the private schools round here normally have a couple of general academic, a few music and normally one or two sport scholarships. They're all half scholarships though, not full like some private schools do to rope people in.
Yeah, the kid who got the English one like fails standard now. It was a fail programme.
I should've gone for one... Too late now.
I think they have a few sports scholarships and Abo benefit schemes and Fob stuff aswell. Ew...
I think ours depend on test scores and shit.

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
Yeah, the kid who got the English one like fails standard now. It was a fail programme.
I should've gone for one... Too late now.
I think they have a few sports scholarships and Abo benefit schemes and Fob stuff aswell. Ew...
I think ours depend on test scores and shit.
Riproot do you go to St.gregs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)