Why do we have to memorise quotes? (1 Viewer)

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
A lot of what you said yeah alright that's reasonable but i don't understand why my arguments childish? My point is school shouldn't be about which student can cram the most into their head. Someone could do jack all year but have a good memory and do alright, but someone who pays attention and actually learns could have a crap memory and suffer for that.
Welcome to the HSC.

sourmilk

HSC
A lot of what you said yeah alright that's reasonable but i don't understand why my arguments childish? My point is school shouldn't be about which student can cram the most into their head. Someone could do jack all year but have a good memory and do alright, but someone who pays attention and actually learns could have a crap memory and suffer for that.
It's childish because life - and especially the HSC isn't fair. To complain about something that's still inevitable and unable to change is completely pointless, there have already been numerous forums discussing about it and venting their anger towards the subject.

Also, I'm pretty sure moderation and scaling compensate to those subjects that require application of skills compared to ROTE based subjects (Biology having a poorer scaling compared to Chemistry, Legal Studies [Despite it's painfully long content] is poorer compared to Physics, and all levels of Mathematics above 2U has a beast scaling compared to all levels of English)

Christopher16

HSC
Its called being "DUMB"!

It should be: "Someone could do jack all year but be smart and do alright, but someone who pays attention and actually learns could be dumb and suffer for that"

Just because you study hard, it doesn't make you get a guarantee of 100%.

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
we should be given the texts in the exam but we aren't because English is stupid

Here's how to get a band 6 essay:

1. Find a low quality essay online
2. Edit it to make it good
3. Give it to a tutor to make even better
4. Memorise it

Or at least, that's what the top 10 in my school all do :)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
we should be given the texts in the exam but we aren't because English is stupid

4. Memorise it

not sure if srs with people at your school (top 10 kids) doing that for english

I highly doubt that top 10 kids at my school would do that

si2136

HSC
N/A

4. Memorise it

HSC Exploited

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
OP I agree with you 100%.

The people arguing and thinking you are stupid will feel stupid once they hit the real world and realise how wrong they are lol.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC

4. Memorise it

Yeah this is also basically true hahahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)