Why is elvis still famous? (1 Viewer)

eroticajones

HSC
Why is elvis still famous?
Anyone in gen Y a fan?
Let me know any embarassing stories eg my friend went to graceland to light candles(the equivalanet to WYD)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
because he was an innovator...thats like saying why is Beethoven still famous? golden music transcends both time and space

IMABOYDAMON!

Banned
HSC
That's like saying why is Tupac Shakur still famous? Because he was brilliant musician. :hammer:

Last edited:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Serius said:
because he was an innovator...thats like saying why is Beethoven still famous? golden music transcends both time and space
Oh yeah, if you use this as a quotation in your pip, or any part of it whatsoever i want to be properly acknowledged...

santacruzdude

HSC
why is religion still relevant?

people just get used to shit and cant let it go.....same with any sort of nostalgia

lauraa2407

HSC
the main reason is because he was a revolution in music of the time. He was one of the first musicians to make music that made teeagers shake their hips; music with some hit and some beat. i mean, it may not seem like it to us but thats definatley what it was to them.
The older generations during that time were calling 'devil music' and it was the spark of the whole teenage rebellion.
But it wasnt just Elvis it was other musicians as well during this time that had such a large impact on the music world, so many followed suit. Also, elvis is definatley appreciated among generation Y, only more so to fellow musicians who are influenced and inspired by the impact that one man had on the face of music.

: )

ASNSWR127

HSC
lauraa2407 said:
the main reason is because he was a revolution in music of the time. He was one of the first musicians to make music that made teeagers shake their hips; music with some hit and some beat. i mean, it may not seem like it to us but thats definatley what it was to them.
The older generations during that time were calling 'devil music' and it was the spark of the whole teenage rebellion.
But it wasnt just Elvis it was other musicians as well during this time that had such a large impact on the music world, so many followed suit. Also, elvis is definatley appreciated among generation Y, only more so to fellow musicians who are influenced and inspired by the impact that one man had on the face of music.

: )

correction - he was the first WHITE aritist to move in that way and to make people to move like that.

Black americans had been doing it for yonks...

lauraa2407

HSC
ASNSWR127 said:
correction - he was the first WHITE aritist to move in that way and to make people to move like that.

Black americans had been doing it for yonks...
true, but it was more accepted because he was white.
don't blame me for the racial injustice there. : )

ASNSWR127

HSC
lauraa2407 said:
true, but it was more accepted because he was white.
don't blame me for the racial injustice there. : )
haha but black people shake that 'booty' much better : P

lauraa2407

HSC
ASNSWR127 said:
haha but black people shake that 'booty' much better : P
haha they really do! its so awesome. :D wish white people could dance as well as them. im speaking in general terms - no one get up in arms at me about that! haha

ASNSWR127

HSC
lauraa2407 said:
haha they really do! its so awesome. :D wish white people could dance as well as them. im speaking in general terms - no one get up in arms at me about that! haha
well I pride myself on my peter garrett impersonations everytime i dance...

lauraa2407

HSC
ASNSWR127 said:
well I pride myself on my peter garrett impersonations everytime i dance...
ohhh jeeze hahaha. well, i suppose its good that can admit it. haha i think my dancing turns to crazyness such as that after drinking, cos then you loosen up and pull moves like the sprinkler and others of the shameful nature....ohh dear haha :)

ASNSWR127

HSC
lauraa2407 said:
ohhh jeeze hahaha. well, i suppose its good that can admit it. haha i think my dancing turns to crazyness such as that after drinking, cos then you loosen up and pull moves like the sprinkler and others of the shameful nature....ohh dear haha :)
the sprinkler is shameful?? when?? : P

ah yes booze fixes everything and justifies peter garrett moves...

BTW midnight oil is such a great band! LOL

lauraa2407

HSC
ASNSWR127 said:
the sprinkler is shameful?? when?? : P

ah yes booze fixes everything and justifies peter garrett moves...

BTW midnight oil is such a great band! LOL
funny that he's in politics now...he came to our school not long ago and i just cant take him seriously after all that bad fashion (and dance moves) he put himself through. haha

since people make fun of you as you do it haha, its a killer move though.

ASNSWR127

HSC
lauraa2407 said:
funny that he's in politics now...he came to our school not long ago and i just cant take him seriously after all that bad fashion (and dance moves) he put himself through. haha

since people make fun of you as you do it haha, its a killer move though.
yeah he is a bot of a sellout now (a bit - sorry I mean a lot LOL).

yes it is a killer move...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)