Why Is Everyone So Smart Here ? (1 Viewer)

~> KAReN.

HSC
hey,

why is everyone so smart here? ~ the majority of people ive read have ranks in the top 5 and have UAIs 95+. u ppl make it seem so easy ... whereas im freaked out.

oh well

bai* ~

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
lol what a great thread. my ranks vary I think... :\ 5th for maths 3u 5th for english advanced 3rd ext 1 english 1st SDD 3rd economics and 15th for chem lmao dropped it picked up ext2 english and ext2 maths

tennille

HSC
~> KAReN. said:
hey,

why is everyone so smart here? ~ the majority of people ive read have ranks in the top 5 and have UAIs 95+. u ppl make it seem so easy ... whereas im freaked out.

oh well

bai* ~
The only people who mention their ranks are the smart ones. If someone got a crap rank, do you think they'd mention it? :p

Someone mentioned that the average UAI last year for BOS members was 93. That's only because the people who go well mention their UAIs.

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not smart, middling in every subject except English (80/102). Not everyone here is 95+ UAI material. I assumed people registered to Bored so they can enlighten themselves academically. If everyone was 95+UAI and ranked in the top 5 there would be no logic in coming to this forum.

~> KAReN.

HSC
wrx said:
Smart is like 97+

no i consider smart as 90+.

anywayz...yeh i guess u guyz are right, the samrt ones are the only ones that say their marks. true true . .. ~ i wish i was one...if i'm that smart i would tell everyone.

thanx for explaining the logic to me...[ i dont have much common sense ] LoL.

bye*~ :p

tennille

HSC
Yeah...the UAI isn't an indication of how smart you are because of the scaling that becomes involved...

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
not just that. i indicates who felt like doing some work. i know some people who have bludged their way through school who are very capable and got in the 50s. its not a valid or reliable test for brain capacity at all.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
scaling plays a big part in ur final marks with ur classmates do well, the lowest biology mark in my class was 81 last year 2nd last was 89. both of them could only dream of such marks in the trials let alone the HSC. a lot of people in my class got over 95 in bio thats why (around 4-5) my mark was 93 but got scaled to 94 :)
Edit: we love biology :)

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
well i earnt that mark anyways: my trial marks were 94 and 98% :) (ranked 4th- i stuffed up in the test i finished exactly 1 hr early coz i read the clock wrong and rushed through it and- its not the same redoing it. i didnt know u could ask for a blank booklet to redo some questions.

Danoz The Great

HSC
Don't question why everyone is 'smart' here.

They're here to help you

tennille

HSC
The subject changed from "why are people on BOS smart" to people mentioning their ranks/marks...

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
mr EaZy said:
well i earnt that mark anyways: my trial marks were 94 and 98% :) (ranked 4th- i stuffed up in the test i finished exactly 1 hr early coz i read the clock wrong and rushed through it and- its not the same redoing it. i didnt know u could ask for a blank booklet to redo some questions.
In the School Certificate for English last year, I read the question and did 3 pages of work on one page. I then had to cross out all my answers and write over them when I turned the page and found questions I had just answered with 2 pages to fill.

I got a 97 :p

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
~> KAReN. said:
hey,

oh well

bai* ~
i know what you mean. some people used to irritate me with how they seem to effortlessly do well. it wasnt till i decided i wanted to do weel and knew what i wanted to do till i did well. i just hapened. you pay more attention, and just care more. i dont work any harder. i just do my work but am more structured and mentally organised.

ps everyone is so smart here cos mostly nerds care about talking about school and academic stuff

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
it's true if people get around 50 they're not going to tell everyone

as well as that people who care about marks and school are more likely to hang around while the others won't care as much

~> KAReN.

HSC
yeh..ic ic, oh well i guess i better be more focused on my work ... ONE MORE YEAR !

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
~> KAReN. said:
yeh..ic ic, oh well i guess i better be more focused on my work ... ONE MORE YEAR !
focus can only really come if you are very motivated to succeed whether by getting into something you really want at uni or just for a great uai. some people do of course do well by simply doing all their work without barely thinking though but for us mere mortals we have to work

~> KAReN.

HSC

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)