Why is Harry Potter so crap? (1 Viewer)

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - 21 July 2007

HotShot said:
that was Nancy trying to get a share of Rowling's wealth.

Intentionally or not - she did copy a lot from other people.

But who cares.

Soon..it will be over...
Yeah, who cares? it'l soon be over. I dont really think she copied, BUT, if she did..... i think she did a great job ;)
wish i can plaigarize like that :p

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

HotShot said:
that was Nancy trying to get a share of Rowling's wealth.

Intentionally or not - she did copy a lot from other people.

But who cares.

Soon..it will be over...
Well if Rowling copied, so did every other writer. Take The Lord of the Rings for example; Tolkein's story borrows heavily from Plato's Ring of Gyges (a farmer named Gyges finds a ring that turns him invisible but corrupts him). We all know how much you hate Rowling and the Potterverse, but if you're trying to suggest she stole stuff from a lot of other authors, bear in mind that those authors were probably influenced by their predecessors, and so on and so forth.

ViRtUaL

1/cosC GSXR1000
HSC
everyone copies everyone else these days. who cares. we all like harry potter, i couldnt give a crap whether she copied it from someone else. that someone else wasnt good enough to get rich.

^ u can probably tell i'm a chronic plagiariser.

Last edited by a moderator:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A

ViRtUaL said:
^ u can probably tell i'm a chronic plagiariser.
Better lose that trait - and fast - if you're going to do medicine at NSW next year ...

HotShot

-_-
HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
Well if Rowling copied, so did every other writer. Take The Lord of the Rings for example; Tolkein's story borrows heavily from Plato's Ring of Gyges (a farmer named Gyges finds a ring that turns him invisible but corrupts him). We all know how much you hate Rowling and the Potterverse, but if you're trying to suggest she stole stuff from a lot of other authors, bear in mind that those authors were probably influenced by their predecessors, and so on and so forth.
Yes, all the authors copy from each other.

I do hate Rowling and Harry potter ( hare her more than the books itself). Bu tonly Hate the books after Prisoner of Azakaban, because it was becoming far too repetitive.
She seems to have a lost a lot of creativity and innovation. I also hate her - cos the movies were pathetic and she had role in the castings.

$hiftyIceQueen said:
Even if she did copy, her version is way better :)

I didnt realise that Godric's Hollow was actually a village :S I need to re-read the series.

And HotShot why do you hate HP so much ?
I hate harry Potter -

OK the first three - four books in the series were good. From there on - they were hopeless. The same thing on and on. nothing really interesting.

The movie - was just so bad oh boy - this when I really hated HP. It was hopeless the movie. The characterisation was appalling.

Rowling just leaches the money out people.. wouldnt be surprised if she extended the series.

HSC

Its a series, she is only repeating the important stuff.

Why do you think its repetitive?

and if you think from book 4 onwards are crap, why read them ? :p

HotShot

-_-
HSC

$hiftyIceQueen said:
Its a series, she is only repeating the important stuff.

Why do you think its repetitive?

and if you think from book 4 onwards are crap, why read them ? :p
ehh. I found out they were crap after reading them.. otherwise i wouldnt know would i?

Its repititive - cos Voldemorte never dies - and harry still lives.

Its should be named - Harry Potter and Voldemort fuck each other.

HSC

HotShot said:
ehh. I found out they were crap after reading them.. otherwise i wouldnt know would i?

:( It should not!

well in final book one of them [or both] will die, so are you going to read that?

Have you read LOTR? Or any other series? If you have then arent they repetitive?

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
HotShot said:

whhoaaaa......c'mon its just a novel and its fun to read. ;)
plus i dont really see harry potter as being repititve, at least not as much as other novels. The repititve stuff are only flash backs and all.

HotShot said:
I hate harry Potter -

The movie - was just so bad oh boy - this when I really hated HP. It was hopeless the movie. The characterisation was appalling.

Rowling just leaches the money out people.. wouldnt be surprised if she extended the series.
yeah ur right here....the moive sucked like big time, and most of the characters were nothing like in the book. But i have to admit that the books are great, even though i disliked hallf of the characters in the books, bcoz of the way they were portrayed in the movie.
but oh well <sighs>

J

jhakka

The last 14 or so posts have been moved from the Deathly Hallows thread.

HotShot

-_-
HSC

$hiftyIceQueen said:
:( It should not!

well in final book one of them [or both] will die, so are you going to read that?

Have you read LOTR? Or any other series? If you have then arent they repetitive?
I have read quite a few series. Most of them before reading Harry Potter series.

LOTR is not series - its one book split into three.

I have read the Redwall series - which was very good, completely different concept.
I have read Goosebumps - fuck yeah...
I have read Phillip pullman's Dark Materials - which was very very good
I sort have have read - some fantasy novel series - just cant rememeber the name of the author.
Tom Clancy - read a few.
Wat else? .. I suppose Asterisk and Tin Tin are also series.

They are not really that repititive, maybe Goosebumps is - but thats shit series - for kids really.

yeah ur right here....the moive sucked like big time, and most of the characters were nothing like in the book. But i have to admit that the books are great, even though i disliked hallf of the characters in the books, bcoz of the way they were portrayed in the movie.
but oh well <sighs>
The movie was horrible.

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC

HotShot said:
LOTR is not series - its one book split into three.

umm... LOTR is actually six books packaged into three.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)