Why is it so hard to find a job? (1 Viewer)

Zingy

HSC
Re: Why is it so hard to find a fucking job?

scarybunny said:
That's the strange thing. I've been a receptionist and a manager at boost, and I stayed at both companies for a long time. I've mostly been applying for customer service jobs so I have yeeeears of experience.

Grrrrr.
Watch 'Secretary'.

HSC

wuddie said:
i don't want to sound cocky, but not only have i got every job i went after, but i've also knocked back a few...

you guys need to find jobs that you're happy to be working at, not purely for the money. that way you would actually stay at the job for more than a month.
+1

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC

I got rejected by maccas at the end of last year -_-
It gave me the absolute shits to see that some bogan dickweed ended up with the position.
It's funny that over the past 6 months I've been slowly cutting things out of my 'retail resume' to make me look increasingly retarded, maybe I should go the extra step and turn up to my interviews in a flanno and shave my head into the style of a very fashionable mullet. Maybe I could even offer the manager a ciggie...

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
to the op, its impossible to get a decent job with an ethnic name. ive applied for two IT jobs under my real name with no response, waited a few weeks, and applied under a caucasian name using the exact same resume with name and email change. both times i got a response under my caucasian alter ego, and the second time being a phone interview. the only way is to send the resume and then call up the HR person/employer and say "So, uh, is the position still available?" to make them know u know the english

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Bob.J said:
no, it's because at dominos/pizza hut their drivers quit so early into the job
They pretty much take on drivers whoever, whenever.

either way I still worked there for a few months. Worked like a dog , 40hour weeks, 13hour shifts for 300-400/wk.
I've been working this job for a short time. I think it's pretty great. Being a driver is the easiest job ever. If you like just crusing around in your car all night it's great.

Best thing about it, is unlike other jobs I've held in the past, which paid a lot more, I have complete flexibility, can work as little as I like. Fits around uni like no other job.

I have been wondering how they can possibly pay you so little? I suspect I must be employed as a trainee?
Low wages to cover all that awesome training they're giving me to set me up for later life :D

Working there full-time would destroy your soul. The managers are all cunts pretty much. What did you get paid as manager?

pete_mate

HSC

ahen said:
It gave me the absolute shits to see that some bogan dickweed ended up with the position.
It's funny that over the past 6 months I've been slowly cutting things out of my 'retail resume' to make me look increasingly retarded, maybe I should go the extra step and turn up to my interviews in a flanno and shave my head into the style of a very fashionable mullet. Maybe I could even offer the manager a ciggie...
Why the fuck would you want to work at macdonalds?. Be happy they rejected you.

Of course they didn't hire you, they could tell you weren't a deadshit which meant they knew you'd leave after a week of working in such a terrible job.

Stop aiming so low.

Chris.

HSC

pete_mate said:
Why the fuck would you want to work at macdonalds?. Be happy they rejected you.

Of course they didn't hire you, they could tell you weren't a deadshit which meant they knew you'd leave after a week of working in such a terrible job.

Stop aiming so low.
listen to this guy, i worked there for 4 months and already left for another job. go for a different job, even if its a bit far from your neighbourhood. if u ever work at maccas, you definitely realise there is so much better paying the same amount or better

btw people who say managers regard training at maccas to be high quality is bullshit, no1 gives a shit if u worked at maccas

jesslomo

HSC
TacoTerrorist said:
Seriously. I have sent at least 50+ applications in. What the fuck am I doing wrong? I have gotten 3 actual interviews and 2 impromptu ones and I still haven't gotten a part time or casual job at all.

I am far smarter than half the lazy retards working at McDonald's and on both my applications I failed their interviews. I was confident, delivered good answers, made them laugh etc. I bet some young 15yo with a slick haircut and a small penis got them.

Is anyone having trouble finding a job?
go on teenjobs.com.au

xxxx8888

HSC
i know, it was so hard finding my very first job at 16. i gave out so many resumes at at so many different areas! my first job ended up being through a connection.

oh, i only got one interview when i went job hunting at 16. it was for mcd's and i got rejected. lulz. i'm not surprised they rejected me.

they asked me if i was only available for the hours i put down (which was like, 4pm-7pm) and i said 'yeah, i have to catch the bus and it only comes like, every 4 hours'. lol. and they asked me if i played any sports after school (y'know how they ask that to see if i'd be tied up over the weekend) and i missed the point of the question and started listing every sport i ever played. and they asked me what my favourite burger was, and i was like, 'huh'. when they asked me why i chose mcd's over KFC i said 'my friend works here and said it's really good'. they asked for my friend's name, i told them, and turns out they don't like her. yeah, put zero preparation into this interview.

anyway, after i quit the job i got through a friend (had to go through an interview for this though and did well. i learnt from mcd's), i ended up getting a call from one of the applications i put through ages ago.

so yeah, persevere. lol.

nicollette

HSC

I've tried the reject shop..yeah I got an interview for that but then realised with the help of some people here that it would be damaging to my reputation and the pay is pretty shit. Then I tried Maccas which I got an interview for then got knocked back. Cunts. I've had my woolies resume up for ages, it didn't really cross my mind working for them but I remember when I put my resume up I also ticked email me job notifications.

So within a few weeks they sent me an email notifying a position in my area..so I applied for it, they reviewed me resume, asked me to come to a group interview which I missed, I sent them an email which the stupid but honest excuse of going but forgetting my birth certificate, they sent me another invitation, went to the group assessment, passed that, 1on1 interview which was like 2 mins and now I've been working here for 3 weeks, and I love it =]

Just don't give up, no matter how much times you get knocked back..I felt kind of depressed after getting knocked backed from fucken Maccas..but it all was for the better.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC

ahen said:
I work at Maccas and everyone who I work with get along well with each other, but whenever I try and join in their conversations they get tune out. Maybe it's because they think I'm snobbish due to my career goals/school/favourite music and movies (alternative and arthouse)/stuff I read etc. I don't like most commercial music, I don't watch many popular films, I don't have my hair dyed in a billion colours, obviously they think I'm up myself. Even though they refuse to change bins and I do it without a fuss.

And why would you want to work for Maccas when you have an alternative.

As a smart person who works at Maccas, I can say that dumbing yourself down is degrading to yourself as well. You just have to be yourself and if they don't accept you, their loss.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

supercalamari said:
I work at Maccas and everyone who I work with get along well with each other, but whenever I try and join in their conversations they get tune out. Maybe it's because they think I'm snobbish due to my career goals/school/favourite music and movies (alternative and arthouse)/stuff I read etc. I don't like most commercial music, I don't watch many popular films, I don't have my hair dyed in a billion colours, obviously they think I'm up myself. Even though they refuse to change bins and I do it without a fuss.

And why would you want to work for Maccas when you have an alternative.

As a smart person who works at Maccas, I can say that dumbing yourself down is degrading to yourself as well. You just have to be yourself and if they don't accept you, their loss.
yeah it does seem to be a certain type of girl that works at maccas, well at least my local one. I'm thinking over enthusiasm with the fake tan and hair bleach...and also who the hell wears a full face of makeup to work behind the counter in fast food, but anyway...I'm glad in the end that I got rejected from there and I have a job which I actually like and pays way better than maccas with a boss who isn't a dickhead. The customers might get irritating but it comes with the territory in any customer service job, so eh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)