• Got a question on how to use our new website? Check out our user guide here!

Why is MAQ given so much shit (1 Viewer)

ninjia

HSC
N/A
I recieved a GLEP offer for comm/law at MAQ
Been doing some 'research' (so procrastinating on BOS)
There are comments like jobs being non-existent for MAQ students, students wanting to transfer from MAQ to UNSW or USYD (especially for comm/law i've noticed)
It's treated like the senior science of unis i swear
May i ask why?
I mean i get that it's cutoff is lower and it gives out a lot of early offers but is something i should be really worried about?
The teaching, social environment,employ ability, support services, food .etc

pikachu975

I love trials
HSC
There are comments like jobs being non-existent for MAQ students, students wanting to transfer from MAQ to UNSW or USYD (especially for comm/law i've noticed)
May i ask why?
I mean i get that it's cutoff is lower and it gives out a lot of early offers but is something i should be really worried about?
To be honest uni doesn't matter if you're a good candidate you'll get a job. That said, I've found MQ quite nice - I've met good people and friends ans everyone's supportive. I think there's a lot of societies to join with many events, the teaching has been fine so far, and there's many support services and opportunities including PACE (work experience kinda) and first step mentoring.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Macquarie's pretty good with food access as its close to Macquarie shops. Most (of thehe tutors/lecturers that I have come across) are really supportive and I feel like that has differed from some of my friends at other universities. The station is closing for about 9 months so that is another factor you'll need to consider getting to Uni if you choose to go to Macquarie.

Snowflek

HSC
^ It's just a meme. If youre a good candidate then you'll score a job lol dw

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
May i ask why?
*anecdotal evidence* I've been to lots of assessment centres, interviews etc and they have never really cared that I go to macquarie instead of say unsw. However, you will find that lots of people interviewing with me at said places are from unsw/usyd. This is mostly because these people are really competitive and apply to lots of things and are otherwise well-rounded individuals. You can be a good fit for a job/be a well-rounded individual at any uni.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
*anecdotal evidence* I've been to lots of assessment centres, interviews etc and they have never really cared that I go to macquarie instead of say unsw. However, you will find that lots of people interviewing with me at said places are from unsw/usyd. This is mostly because these people are really competitive and apply to lots of things and are otherwise well-rounded individuals. You can be a good fit for a job/be a well-rounded individual at any uni.
I feel like a lot of Macquarie students don't think to apply or realise that they should/can apply for assessment centres for vacationer positions etc.

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
I feel like a lot of Macquarie students don't think to apply or realise that they should/can apply for assessment centres for vacationer positions etc.
Yea i'm one of the only ones of my mates who is actively trying and applying to heaps of things sigh. Because it takes less effort during hsc to get into Macquarie Commerce, the cohort is generally a lot lazier I have found.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)