Why is physics so hard (1 Viewer)

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
b) what are these terrible units this is def from different syllabus (perhaps university since it looks latex'd)

A. do 45 * 1.852/3.6 * 2 (fuck these units again)
b. tricky tricky B is still moving away when that hapens (i'll also assume the sound wave does not 'inherit' the boat's velocity

c. plug 45 * 1.852/3.6 * time
i think this works but also i was vv distracted when writing this out

kkk579

hello
HSC
um tbh idk it's just weird ig just spam qns and know which assumptions to make/which assumptions are used that's the part a lot of people struggle with and if your tutor goes through it then you're fine
How do we know which assumptions to use? Wouldnt that take a while to build up since ur trying to find out by doing qs

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
How do we know which assumptions to use? Wouldnt that take a while to build up since ur trying to find out by doing qs
hmmm so
a) you implicitly use assumptions for most of hsc (if you didn't, phys would need 3u because differential equations)
b) yes, building up qns and identifying what you assume is good
c) hsc does indeed test assumptions e.g in mod 6 when doing eqns with transformers you assume the transformer is ideal (e.g no power lost to external environment) and in module 1, you assume constant accel with suvat, and for conservation of energy you assume a closed system

knowing these assumptions are more useful for explain qns tho

liamkk112

HSC
lol dw everyone finds year 11 physics tough, it gets better in year 12 as long as you can grasp the fundamentals well. my main recommendation is just to do as many questions as you can, but please don't just plug into formulas as this way you won't really learn what's happening. in every question draw a diagram, indicate every single piece of information you can, annotate the reasoning behind why u used each formula and that way you will get comfortable with breaking down a question effectively. once you get better, then you can leave out some details, but for getting started just try to process every question individually and hopefully you will improve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)