Why SDEHS papers so hard MX2 (1 Viewer)

carrotsss

HSC
I think I did one at one point and it was pretty easy so idk?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
There are a couple of possible reasons that the exam papers that a school writes for a particular subject (in this case, Mathematics Extension 2) may be difficult. A common reason tends to be that a school wishes to effectively differentiate its students by pushing them to their limits. Assessing students using an exam that would be considered easy or of average difficulty would most likely lead to favourable results from most (if not all) students. This means that students would be ranked very close to the top of the cohort (for example, more than one student could be ranked first) and close to each other in general. On the other hand, a more challenging exam would separate the students who are truly academically capable from those who are not. In such a case, rather than having more than one student place first, only one student could end up placing first, and that would reflect the academic capability of each student more accurately.

Another reason could be that there is simply a teacher(s) at the school who happens to write difficult exams for a particular subject. This means that a change in teachers could impact the difficulty of subsequent exams (either becoming less difficult or more difficult). This would be true especially if the school is not strict in terms of maintaining a certain difficulty when writing its exams.

In any case, it is important to ensure that you are regularly studying and seeking clarification with any aspects of the subject that you may not be fully confident/comfortable with, which will allow you to address areas of improvement as you progress through year 12.

I hope this helps! :D

asduiashdi

HSC
Could you please share those papers, I would like to try them :)
I can only find the 2020 one

HSC
I will give a sketch of a question: find the roots of 3x^2+4x+2i=0 and so it ended up with no solution. More importantly, I left the qn blank, should i get the marks...?

HSC
I will give a sketch of a question: find the roots of 3x^2+4x+2i=0 and so it ended up with no solution. More importantly, I left the qn blank, should i get the marks...?
would this not have 2 complex solutions?

unless im trippin but im pre sure there is always at least one solution to every polynomial

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)