Why should I not do a film? (1 Viewer)

theycallmebob

HSC
should I?

shouldn't I?

why shouldn't I?

I have the knowlege, the equipment, the passion, just not anyone to help me with it.

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Stuff your teacher. If you want to do a film, then do one. Your teacher shouldn't even be interfering at all in your work - just giving advice.

ReneeApple

HSC
Extension 2 is a self-guided course. You get to pull the strings. Your teacher's there to offer guidance for whatever you choose to do. At the end of the day, it's your project, not her's, and if you want to make a film you should.

Obviously you will have to do a lot of research into the film text type, but you would have to do that no matter what text type you used.

You're teacher's probably getting all worried because she may not have experience with films. But there are other avenues you can seek for advice for film-making!

TieTwo

HSC
If you have the resources and the passion - just do it. But yeah, the main thing is you have to remember it's an English film - not a normal film - everything has to mean something :p Do a youtube search and have a look at some (there's some with pretty high marks) and see if you can picture yourself making something like that before you commit yourself though - It's a massive trek and your actors would have to be pretty committed (I was considering doing an EX2 film this year).

theycallmebob

HSC
Stuff your teacher. If you want to do a film, then do one. Your teacher shouldn't even be interfering at all in your work - just giving advice.
but is it a risk? as opposed to the relative security of doing a narrative where you get to change it as much as you like? and I heard they mark it a lot harder?

also, I have absolutely no concept at the moment (save a few vague ideas)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
but is it a risk? as opposed to the relative security of doing a narrative where you get to change it as much as you like? and I heard they mark it a lot harder?

also, I have absolutely no concept at the moment (save a few vague ideas)
Everything's a risk. Seriously. Just do your film and if it's too hard - then do something else. Just make sure you write in your Reflection Statement and Journal why you did it.

You know, the due date is like 10 months away so stop worrying. Just do your best and you'll get a mark you deserve.

Also, short stories are the benchmark for everything in EX2. Everything is marked relative to a scale that short stories are ranked on.

theycallmebob

HSC
Everything's a risk. Seriously. Just do your film and if it's too hard - then do something else. Just make sure you write in your Reflection Statement and Journal why you did it.

You know, the due date is like 10 months away so stop worrying. Just do your best and you'll get a mark you deserve.

Also, short stories are the benchmark for everything in EX2. Everything is marked relative to a scale that short stories are ranked on.
would I get marked down if I said in my reflection statement that I changed my medium halfway through yr 12? because it needs to be a year long proces...

I have the viva voce coming up so I need to impress them

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
No, you wouldn't get marked down... in fact, it might even help you because you had an epiphany of what really mattered. But seriously, no - why would it? If your work is good - then who cares if you wrote it in half the time? Would that not be more impressive?

theycallmebob

HSC
hypothetically, what if I write a short story, present my progress in my upcoming viva to keep them happy, and then coose to adapt it (or not) in to a film? and then I have two options on what to submit...

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Do what you want. I can't tell you what to do - it's a self-learning and self-discovery process. If you want to do a film, do one. If you want to write a story, write a story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)