Why try when you're nothing special (1 Viewer)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
that has like the 2nd highest school fees of all the state

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
Trying hard ppl? Want a high UAI? What is high? what would you be happy with? Ok, suppose a uai of 90 would float ur boat. How much people better than you? Almost ten thousand.

How about a uai of 95? Happy yet? Now there's about 5k people better than you. uai = 98? About 1.5k. You 99ers think you're worth something right? Sure, you're better than tens of thousands, but theres still a few hundred better than you. e.g. 99.5 uai is superb by anyones standards. Now there's 500 people better than you. That's half a school.

Now, if you manage to bleed and claw your way through to a 100 uai, have you attained perfection? you complete yet? Now there are 22 others just like you. What are you worth then? 1/22 ~ 5% of the networth of all the individuals that are your match. If then something happens to you, would the masses care? Why? There are 21 left...

:(
Yeah, but when the gov't gives you 2 grand for being top 500 students in Australia... Then you feel pretty good, with well lined pockets.
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
hey, are plc chicks hot? :D
My one is.

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
lol plc is not a selective school

santaslayer

HSC
weell, it sounded like MLC......so i thought it was selective (sorry. forgot to put a question mark on previous post, was suppose to be a question!)

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
lol mlc is not a selective school either

Teleph

Look mum i'm a Starrrr
HSC
man this demotivation thread is still HERE ! LOL Lobster u sure have left a mark. Leave the demoralising to Wang his the master at it.

UAI is not important if you are ok with a normal course at a average uni. Yet some people need a high UAI to achieve a topic that they actually love and get the best opportunity from going to a good uni.

One thing my parents always tell me which i sometimes hate but i have to admit.

1 year of super hardship is more worth it then like 40 years of stuck in a shit job with low pay and can't do anything about it. For those who do eco one of the biggest prevention of structural unemployment is a high education :D

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Know what makes it worse, even if you get in the top 22 who get 100, you are only that top 22 for this year. The next year there'll be another 22, and the year before there was another 22, that's 66 people within 3 years with the same skill as you.

And this is only in nsw, a tiny state in a fairly below-average populated country in a very large world.

Think about it like that :)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
yea, and that's why i like this post. The people who just want a high uai to be better than people feel bad, and people who want a high uai for other reasons (to get into uni), have no problem with it :)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Not-That-Bright
yea, and that's why i like this post. The people who just want a high uai to be better than people feel bad, and people who want a high uai for other reasons (to get into uni), have no problem with it :)
yep, thats why ur aim wif the uai is to get into the course u want- not to prove ya self to b better than others...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)