Why would one do general math? (1 Viewer)

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Well general maths certainly isn't challenging
Not my point.

All I stated challenge your brain and do not require math skill in the least and there are many... MANY more professions that are just as hard as a math based profession.

You cannot deny this.

jakennecon said:
Clearly retarded people do general maths ... they are so retarded that they cannot cope with the concept of negative values in coordinate geometry ... It is also a useful way to preserve the difficulty and rigour of the current calculus-based courses for the non-retarded students ... good reason for retards to do general.
Eat your words.

jakennecon

HSC
dude if someone makes a bad decision i call them retarded. I'm saying that people who choose to do general maths are either retarded or retarded simply for choosing to do so. Whatever, I DO NOT CARE. General maths remains a shit subject. I did not assert that higher-level maths was necessary for many professions, and indeed I do not assert such a proposition now. However I did assert that people capable of higher-level maths ought to take it. But many people , such as yourself, are too boring and spastic to appreciate this fact. Yes that includes you, for taking my posts so goddamned seriously even when I'm using words like "retarded", and coming up with boring boring boring responses to them. Please avoid your arrogant thinking that you have perfectly read and interpreted what I have said. You are a twat who thinks he is wise but is not.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Bad decision when it is not necessary to do Advanced Maths, but to choose a subject that is more in favor of their chosen profession?

General maths is for those who don't want to delve into the more advanced material due to personal preference or don't have the need to learn advanced... Yet you called them retarded. Of course I'm going to take that seriously.

--Do note that your tone doesn't come through truthfully on the internet and you should adjust the way you type to convey a light-hearted or joking manner--

jakennecon said:
And anyone wanting to do something that even vaguely challenges their brain in later life ought to take the most difficult level of high school maths that they are capable of. Otherwise they are being retarded.
This is the type of sentence with which I am arguing.

Surely you can understand why this sentence came through as serious? I've presented my point against this sentence (and previous against it), and only this sentence. You appeared to have a rather biased view where Maths was the only way to challenge yourself and be successful.

I don't think I am wise. Why does everyone think I think I am wise/smart?

Quite the opposite indeed. I'm only 19, and I am rather retarded in the mind (there, I admitted it).

jakennecon

HSC
Oh for god's sake this is just the bored of studies website, surely you're used to this sort of trolling by now. No of course you're not retarded, and no my views were not meant to be taken seriously.

jamesjoker

HSC
I did mathematics for all of year 11... came about 7th/20 people with a final mark of around 73.

Dropped to general maths for year 12 HSC and got a HSC mark of 94.

Best thing i ever did for my HSC was to drop down to general... not only was my mark much better, it took minimal effort to get 94 in general maths and meant i could spend more time on other subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)