• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Why's Industrial Technology Timber a shit scaling subject? (1 Viewer)

spanky125

Just waitin' for a mate
HSC
you can't compare industrial timber to physics or chemistry. Physics and chem require you to think allot and brain storm the possible outcomes. the reason timber scales down is because the board of studies hasn't really thought timber as a hard subject. although timber is pretty stressing tbh because of 80 A4 page portfolio's that students have to do and plus produce a timber furniture.. so if you haven't really done timber and haven't experienced doing those stressing portfolio's then you're just saying things that you have heard from other people. yes its true timber isn't really a hard subject but then again do u want to do produce an 80 pages of portfolio, at the same time have other assessments given, produce a furniture?
Which side are you arguing for?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
@spanky, are you saying that industrial technology is for unintelligent people¿

spanky125

Just waitin' for a mate
HSC
That's not what I am saying, I'm just saying that you cannot complain about it not scaling well as it is not as challenging intellectually as physics/chemistry.

Salehhh

HSC
Industrial technology is just a fancy name for cutting up and gluing pieces of wood together.
It looks like you've never done Timber in yr 12... So stfu and stop talking shit bro. You make it sound like your some genius.. Your just some cunt that assumes everything.

spanky125

Just waitin' for a mate
HSC
It looks like you've never done Timber in yr 12... So stfu and stop talking shit bro. You make it sound like your some genius.. Your just some cunt that assumes everything.
I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

braintic

HSC
N/A
I think people on both sides of the argument have missed the point here.
The ATAR is designed for university entrance. For anyone who is not planning to go to uni, the ATAR has no significance.
And playing around with wood has no bearing on your ability to handle a university course.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Math is pretty easy, and shouldn't be considered a high-tier subject. It's just putting numbers together, that's it.

spanky125

Just waitin' for a mate
HSC
The ATAR is designed for university entrance. For anyone who is not planning to go to uni, the ATAR has no significance.
And playing around with wood has no bearing on your ability to handle a university course.
+1

Salehhh

HSC
Yeh but what happens if someone wanted to go uni and do a practical engineering course.. Doing Timber in yr 12 would have provided some background knowledge..

spanky125

Just waitin' for a mate
HSC
I hope you know that engineers don't actually physically build the bridges themselves.
That's what tradies are used for, engineers are the smart people who build the bridge with their mind and then the tradies come in and physically put it all together by following instructions from their well payed boss, the engineer.

braintic

HSC
N/A
There is. Don't worry.
From somewhere in the crowd there emanates a solitary chuckle, as this person licks the palm of his hand in anticipation of what is to follow.

Last edited:

braintic

HSC
N/A
That's probably because it was feeling raw from jacking it.
You did realise that the person in the crowd was you, yes?
Again, is there a joke there? Other than crudely re-expressing what I was already alluding to?
I really would have expected that someone with such a love for English would have been able to use a lot more finesse in expressing themselves.
More evidence for the failure of the senior English course, I guess.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
You did realise that the person in the crowd was you, yes?
Again, is there a joke there? Other than crudely re-expressing what I was already alluding to?
I really would have expected that someone with such a love for English would have been able to use a lot more finesse in expressing themselves.
More evidence for the failure of the senior English course, I guess.
Yes, I realised, and, you've clearly missed it again. It's ok buddy, don't worry. Pobody's Nerfect.

Last edited:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Also, if I keep up this line of posting; I'm going to come across as a critical douche even more than usual. So I hope you are well, and I'll leave it here. :)

braintic

HSC
N/A
Yes, I realised, and, you've clearly missed it again. It's ok buddy, don't worry. Pobody's Nerfect.
Yep, you are clearly an expert at the hidden message. Now I hear two simultaneous chuckles - but wait - they both came from the same person.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)