Wifi and A Macbook laptop (1 Viewer)

itszen

HSC
Hi , im currently searching around for laptops to buy for next year when im about to enter uni. And for some time now my eyes were on the macbook pro. But for all the macbook users out there, can i use my normal wifi modem and connect it to the macbook or do i have to do that whole buying that expensive airport so the wifi would be enabled for the macbook to use the wifi in my home?

Sorry if my question is confusing.

nomoar

HSC
N/A
No, it just connects. It has a thing called airport on it that connects to surrounding networks.

appletoa

HSC
It'll work exactly the same on your current setup as any other laptop would, assuming that the modem has a web interface. All macbooks have wifi connections (nice version n ones unless you get a really old one:spin:), even if Apple attempted to make things less complicated by calling the wifi card an airport card as well as calling the base stations airports. (I'm guessing simplicity was the reasoning behind it, even if it really just makes it more confusing:spzz:)

appletoa

HSC
Actually, my mistake. You really do need to buy one of these to get your wifi working:

:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)