Wild Swans (1 Viewer)

Jackson

Hey pplz can u give me ideas about how to write this essay with the question:

While the narrator of Wild Swans is positioned to attract the sympathy of Western responders, a skeptical response to the text suggests that the narrators eventual success is primarily due to her parents privileged position in their society. To what extent do you agree?

thanx

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
something tells me you go to my school...

but anyway... talk about the Western audience and context and stuff. if Jung Chang wasn't rich, her experiences wouldve been difficult and less "western-friendly" .. etc etc

Azn fairies

lol babydoll doesn't mena he goes to ur school.. this question was on the CCS 2003 trails... and like 100 catholic schools did it...

anyway babydoll what do u mena by " western friendly" ?? how does that got anything to do with jung beenign rich?.

please explain :p

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
yeah i know; i did that question too.

anyway.. if you read the book, youll see that she has a sorta anti-Chinese attitude and pro-Western. It isn't direct but she sorta alludes to it.

Being rich and privileged, Chang was exposed to stuff that other "commoners" didnt know about, e.g. movies, food during the famine etc. This influenced her viewpoint... bla bla yeh

Jackson

what sort of movies did she watch? were they Western movies? coz i cant remember the novel well

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
she watched some foreign movies from albania or something? and some hong kong love stories

these were only available to the privileged (ie her) and gave her her first experience of the world outside china

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)