wilfred owen- miners and spring offensive (1 Viewer)

does anyone know what the go is with miners and spring offensive??????????
what are the main themes????
is it just me or do you find them the hardest of all of owens poems???

KAty

the whole poem is an analogy between the suffocating deaths of miners to the deaths of soldiers in trenches. The poem does not directly reflect his experiences in war, however Owen portrays his idea that those for whom the miners and soldiers died will be forgetful of the sacrifice of lives that had produced their comfort and security once the war has ended.

thanks katy!!!!!!!
i see you grabbed that from your notes:p

by the way... katy is my best friend and shes only trying to sound smart..... she didnt really know the answer hahahha

good one loser!!!!

KAty

Spring offensive

With spring offensive i believe that Owen is using the event (Spring Offensive of 1917) to evoke his own meditation and anger on the pity of war and its long-lasting legacy. through his descrition he reinforces once again how unromantic and unheroic war is.

well, what can i say?????

youve done it again katy!!!!

do you even know what those words mean or is that excel talking?;)

KAty

What words would u be referring to 'waltzing Amanda'??

I mean you find any of those words difficult to understand feel free to ask me for some help :)

I actually didnt use excel as i found it to be 'below standard' if you know what i mean :)

If you want to stand out of the crowd i wouldn't use excel Amanda - not a good choice :)

Goodluck with your studies !

Its not that hard - dont worry - im sure your poetry essay will be good enough - just post any more questions you have and ill answer them for you :)

hmmmmmmm
i dont believe that i require any assistance from you my fellow public servant...
i understand every word just fine its just that from my experience with you, i strongly doubted that this vocabulary was down to your standards :)

and why may i ask are you on bored anyway?? you'd better get back to that studying..you might start to get withdrawl symptoms
;)

au revoir mon cherie
tu es tres hobile pour moi ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)